Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2005, 04:26 PM   #1
seanbascom
CF Newbie

Question Advise Please

I accidentally cut off a kid on the road the other day and it caused him to veer left and skid to a stop.* There was no collision, and he did not hit a curb or anything.* But he and his parents are stating that the abrupt stop he made caused the front end frame to bend.* Is this for real, or is he trying to get a new frame out of me?* The car did swerve a little bit*as he skidded to a halt. The car is a 1973 Mustang.*

Any* help is appreciated and multiple replies are as well since I think I may have to go to court for this. I will be happy to give more details if needed.* Thanks a bunch.

Thanks, Sean
seanbascom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:33 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbascom
I accidentally cut off a kid on the road the other day and it caused him to veer left and skid to a stop.* There was no collision, and he did not hit a curb or anything.* But he and his parents are stating that the abrupt stop he made caused the front end frame to bend.* Is this for real, or is he trying to get a new frame out of me?* The car did swerve a little bit*as he skidded to a halt. The car is a 1973 Mustang.*

Any* help is appreciated and multiple replies are as well since I think I may have to go to court for this. I will be happy to give more details if needed.* Thanks a bunch.

Thanks, Sean
The short answer to your question is, they're full of crap. If his car didn't contact anything, there is no way that he "bent the frame" during your little incident. You might want to point out to them that his car is built on a unibody paltform and has no actual frame. You might oalso want to point out to them that if the car is structurally weak enough to bend the frame from skidding to a stop, then hitting potholes, driving across railroad tracks or just going over speed bumps in Wal-Mart parking lot would be disasterous and you did them a favor by making the car unusable for their little precious.

Sounds to me like either you're not telling us something or they're looking to get something for nothing. All things being equal, I vote for B. Good luck.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:45 PM   #3
seanbascom
CF Newbie

VWHOBO,

Thanks for the quick replay. Plane and simple that is just what happened, I mean his brakes locked and he went left to avoid me and he skidded about 20 feet probably. I thought that was odd too considering the speed limit on the road is 35MPH.
seanbascom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 04:52 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbascom
VWHOBO,

Thanks for the quick replay. Plane and simple that is just what happened, I mean his brakes locked and he went left to avoid me and he skidded about 20 feet probably. I thought that was odd too considering the speed limit on the road is 35MPH.
Then they are full if sh*t. Tell them if they want some money from you to go get a lawyer and take it to court.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:34 PM   #5
x1/9-rally
CF Enthusiast

Really the only thing that could happen is puting some flat spots on the tires, unless he has big gaping rust holes all over his car. The kid probably ran into a ditch or something and is trying pawn his problems on you.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:49 AM   #6
97Talonchik
discombobulated

Was there an accident report filled out on this? I didn't see where and if you said the police showed up. If not, I don't think they can come back and say, "ohh well now my frame is bent and it's your fault." I may be wrong.

Oh yeah, as far as the "bent frame" tell them it wasn't you that did that it was the bondo giving way.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote