Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2006, 05:23 AM   #1
shaun1608
CF Newbie

Ugliest car

everyone the thread is all about the cars you think are ugly

i would say the uglyest car in my opinion is thr PT cruiser

Last edited by shaun1608 : 01-03-2006 at 06:47 AM.
shaun1608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:37 AM   #2
SmileLines
CF Newbie

I think the Scion xB is kinda ugly.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:44 AM   #3
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

None's pointed out that he typed Uglyest, instead of ugliest?

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:53 AM   #4
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

I saw the picture of the GR-1 and I thought you were talking about that...phew.

Anyway I think the new J-bodies are pretty ugly....Cobalts and Pursuits...
Old 01-03-2006, 06:44 AM   #5
SmileLines
CF Newbie

Quote:

I noticed, but I didn't want to offend them and then have some big argument over it. I've noticed that almost every post on here ends in some huge blow-out over nothing. I bet a million dollars (in IOU's of course, heh...) that there will be an argument before this board is gone. Anyone else want in on that bet?

Last edited by SmileLines : 01-03-2006 at 06:49 AM.
SmileLines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 06:47 AM   #6
shaun1608
CF Newbie

whoops sorry i just changed that
Old 01-03-2006, 01:07 PM   #7
carcrazziecarl
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias

Can i just say one thing. Why do people always pick at things like this? Maybe he has spelling problems (i know i have) and im not trying to offend him by saying he 'might' have spelling problems because he might not!!

Maybe everyone would get along better if certain people on here, didn't bother picking at little things like spelling.

CHILL-OUT

Brabus EV12 - WORLD RECORD. The worlds Fastest saloon car reached 217.614mph during testing at the Nardo circuit, Italy. The E V12, with the Brabus-developed 6.3-litre bi-turbo engine (640bhp and 757lb ft of torque) can also accelerate 0-60mph in just 4.5 seconds.
carcrazziecarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #8
carcrazziecarl
CF Newbie

Ugliest car would have to be ANY LADA out there. BURN THEM ALL

Brabus EV12 - WORLD RECORD. The worlds Fastest saloon car reached 217.614mph during testing at the Nardo circuit, Italy. The E V12, with the Brabus-developed 6.3-litre bi-turbo engine (640bhp and 757lb ft of torque) can also accelerate 0-60mph in just 4.5 seconds.
carcrazziecarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:31 PM   #9
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

The Aztec, Xa, Insight, and the Santa Fe have to be the ugliest cars of modern times.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:41 AM   #10
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazziecarl
Can i just say one thing. Why do people always pick at things like this? Maybe he has spelling problems (i know i have) and im not trying to offend him by saying he 'might' have spelling problems because he might not!!

Maybe everyone would get along better if certain people on here, didn't bother picking at little things like spelling.

CHILL-OUT

so instead of pointing out peoples' mistakes so they can learn and improve, we should ignore the mistakes and condone ignorance? if i were to make a mistake, i'd much rather find out from someone here than at work or somewhere else where it would really matter...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:08 PM   #11
glagon1979
daddy x3

the neon
Old 01-03-2006, 09:52 PM   #12
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by glagon1979
the neon
I was just waiting for someone to say it. Its all opinion, so I dont really care. I dont even know what you drive so meh.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:15 PM   #13
glagon1979
daddy x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
I was just waiting for someone to say it. Its all opinion, so I dont really care. I dont even know what you drive so meh.

i've told you what i drive. its just your ignorance that doesn't let you remember.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:34 AM   #14
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

OK Chris, calm down, if they think that a PT Cruiser is ugly, what's wrong with that? It's his opinion. Whether or not he's insulting you, that's what he thinks. If you can't stand some kid on the internet thinking your car is ugly, then you need some help. If you can stand, leave him alone, he's not doing anything to you. And about classic cars not being able to be ugly, I happen to think that Marylin Monroe and Britny Spears are two of the ugliest girl I've ever seen, why can't people think that the Kharmann Ghia and PT are? Also, not alot of people know about cars from companies such as Citroen(sp?) and other companies, but they can still have an opinion as to what they think is the ugliest car is. And they're mad if they think it's the PT, it doesn't look THAT bad.
BTW, I may've forgot to mention one of the uglier cars of recent time, the Mercedes-Benz CLS. BLECH

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 04:49 PM   #15
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
OK Chris, calm down, if they think that a PT Cruiser is ugly, what's wrong with that? It's his opinion.

Jesus, why not actually respnd to MY questions rather than just bitch about me giving MY opinion? Hmm?

If I came on here and said "all 4 cyl cars are slow and rusty, like my old Rabbit L" and someone pointed out a drag racing VW Bug, or a turbo DSM, would I be looked upon as intelligent or worth listening to if I said, "I don't care what the facts are or who likes them, it's my opinion that they are all slow and rusty."

If I came on here and said it's my opinion, "all blacks are lazy theives who don't bathe" AND backed it up with the fact that I had a black roommate that never bathed, never held a job, and stole money, clothes, and CDs from the other roommates, would that opinion be looked on as acceptable, or even laudable? it is, after all, merely opinion. Would you say, "he's not racist, it's merely how he feels" to someone that complained about that opinion? Even if it was insulting and racist, why would anyone be offended or complain about someone on an internet message board that said that? Is it that internet message boards don't have real people on them?

Even positive opinions can make the person voicing them look stupid: "I love Skylines becasue their V8s are so powerful."

This thread was designed to be insulting as it was specifically asked to be negative.. It's not like saying, "what's your favorite color." or like asking, "what's your opinion on the best way to get around a corner." And the particular question is asked by someone without the experience to make an informed judgement. It has nothing to do with having a different opinion, but an INFORMED opinion. And it has nothing to do with VOICING an opinion, but everything to do with people deciding whether or not FORMING an uninformed opinion is more important that thinking about the subject and maybe learning about the subject.

Quote:
Whether or not he's insulting you, that's what he thinks. If you can't stand some kid on the internet thinking your car is ugly, then you need some help. If you can stand, leave him alone, he's not doing anything to you. And about classic cars not being able to be ugly, I happen to think that Marylin Monroe and Britny Spears are two of the ugliest girl I've ever seen, why can't people think that the Kharmann Ghia and PT are?

Again, do internet message boards not have real people on them? Would you walk up to someone on the street and say, "man, your baby is ugly? Would you walk up to a man on the street and say, "I don't like women who look like yor wife. It's my opinion that she's ugly." Are you saying they shouldn't be offended by what some random person says to them? Would YOU be offended if someone said that about your wife/girlfriend? I daresay that someone that said it to you in person would find themselves with a mouthful of fist, and rightfully so.

Quote:
Also, not alot of people know about cars from companies such as Citroen(sp?) and other companies, but they can still have an opinion as to what they think is the ugliest car is. And they're mad if they think it's the PT, it doesn't look THAT bad.

Again, I asked what is their basis of reference. The point was to see if they had any actual knowledge. Are you seriously suggesting that having no knowledge means that someone SHOULD be listened to? Should we start taking mechanical advice from people who know nothing? You want to go tell Hobo that we don't need his expertise in the repairs section because forming an opinion on what might be wrong, based on no knowledge, is actually just as important as his expert advice based on training and years of experience?? Is that what you're saying? Where do you cross the line from listening to peopel who dont' know anything to actually wanting people to use their f*cking brains?

ok, here's the deal:

Opinions are learned. If people want to have their opinion valued, they need to show that they can think about them. Otherwise, why even bother POSTING it? This is a forum for yes, expressing opinions. But why is it ok for him to express HIS, but I can't express one IN RETURN? Hmm? You have never answered that. If it's ok for him to say that's how HE feels, why can't I say how I feel? It's hypocritical of you to say he can state anything he wants, but *I* can't. I don't say he CAN'T state it, I ask people to reason WHY they say things.

I have, however expressed the thought and reasoning behind MY opinion. There's more to having an opinion than merely STATING it.

The reason beauty is in the eye of the beholder is that beauty is a learned response. We think that even knowing the beauty of the female form is innate, not learned, but that's not true, either. Otherwise the image of beauty would not have changed over the years, or in different cultures.

And since cars are unnatural objects, we derive their beauty often from an understanding of what they do. Think about cars we consider attractive that range from say, a '34 Ford highboy to an Audi R8, from a Ferrari Dino to a BMW M3. None of them are remotely the same, yet, all are considered attractive. Why? Learned responses.

If you can't voice your learned responses intelligently, why should I or anyone listen to the opinion you've formed BASED on that, especially when that opinion is designed from the start to be negative and insulting?

www.midatlantic7s.com

Last edited by ChrisV : 01-04-2006 at 04:52 PM.
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote