Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2006, 03:13 PM   #1
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Angry Hillary...

How does Hillary Rodham Clinton have any credibility with anyone at all?
This article was an inset to an article about Bush’s visit to the NSA in my paper today, it's headline was-
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rock Hill Herald
Sen. Clinton criticizes domestic eavsdropping
Here's the article-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Fournier, The Associated Press
WASHINGTON-Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton called President Bush's explanations for eavesdropping on domestic conversations without warrants "strange" and "far-fetched" Wednesday in blistering criticism ahead of the president's State of the Union address.
"Obviously, I support tracking down terrorists. I think that's our obligation. But I think it can be done in a lawful way," the New York Democrat said. Clinton, a potential 2008 presidential candidate, told reporters she did not yet know whether the administration's eavesdropping without warrants broke any laws. But the senator said she did not buy the White House's main justification for the tactic.
Well here’s what I say about it.
Quote:
Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton called President Bush's explanations for eavesdropping on domestic conversations without warrants "strange" and "far-fetched"
Here’s a quote from the article that this was inserted in-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedra Pickler, The Associated Press
After a tour of the National Security Agency, Bush said employees there who are secretly monitoring phone calls and Internet traffic are learning what terrorists are plotting.
So, it sounds like the NSA is eavesdropping on people in the country to find out what terrorists are up to. What’s so strange and far-fetched about that Senator Clinton? I thought you said we’re obligated to track the terrorists down. Wait, you did. OK, I know you said we’re obligated to.

Moving along now…

Quote:
Clinton, a potential 2008 presidential candidate, told reporters she did not yet know whether the administration's eavesdropping without warrants broke any laws.
Please, Senator, even I know that! They do not. Why? Even if there is some law that prohibits the government from eavesdropping on phone calls in the United States, this is war. There are no laws. We can kill people in war can’t we? We can break things that don’t belong to us in war can’t we? Your problem is that you still haven’t realized that this is war, we don’t have to follow our laws! They don’t apply! How can you be so naive??

Finally

Quote:
But the senator said she did not buy the White House's main justification for the tactic.
Yeah, cause Bush just wants to know who’s house you’re going to for that party Friday night so he can come crash it.

/endrant

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:05 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Kind of like Kerry, flip-flopping...sadly, I'd still probably vote for her (supposing I could vote), due to the first female president stuff
Old 01-26-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Kind of like Kerry, flip-flopping...sadly, I'd still probably vote for her (supposing I could vote), due to the first female president stuff
...it's like saying the Honda Insight is your favorite car because it was the first mass-market hybird in the US

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 01-26-2006, 05:47 PM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimario
...it's like saying the Honda Insight is your favorite car because it was the first mass-market hybird in the US
That's why I don't vote...and because I can't, but it would be interesting, and probably better than the competition lol...
Old 01-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #5
princessklutz04
CF Newbie

sorry democrats. you're pretty much the largest mass of stupid people i've ever seen in my life. what's your motto? to hell with laws, unless it effects us. THENOMG, WENEEDLAWS. know what senator? i think you're afraid the nsa might just overhear a convo about how you're rigging the election or maybe even about those mysterious deaths in the white house during your term.

Hippies.They're everywhere. They wanna save the earth, but all they do is smoke pot and smell bad.
-Eric Cartman

The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
-Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
princessklutz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:03 PM   #6
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessklutz04
sorry democrats. you're pretty much the largest mass of stupid people i've ever seen in my life. what's your motto? to hell with laws, unless it effects us. THENOMG, WENEEDLAWS. know what senator? i think you're afraid the nsa might just overhear a convo about how you're rigging the election or maybe even about those mysterious deaths in the white house during your term.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:40 PM   #7
boothe
CF Addict

I agree with Sen. Clinton on the domestic eavesdropping. She's not saying she disagrees with using this method to track down terrorists, it seems like she just doens't want to give the gov't a carte blanche to monitor whoever they want in whatever way they see fit, or set a precedent of using this type of monitoring without restraint. Use the technology if we got it b/c tracking terrorists is a huge priority, but do it in a way that safeguards the privacy and freedom of average citizens. Succesful monitoring and protecting privacy are NOT mutually exclusive.
boothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:52 PM   #8
97Talonchik
discombobulated

It's easy to pass judgement when you aren't the one affected by it. Would you still feel the same way about the government if they had singled you out and thought you were a terrorist, simply because of your decent, your religeon, your skin color? Would you have felt the same way if they arrested you and questioned you for hours simply because they tapped into your phone conversations and you said something that they took to be a threat against the government (whether it be true or taken out of context)? I find it funny that they were so quick to impeach President Clinton, but President Bush has pretty much gotten away with murder and not a thing has been done. It was an immoral and corrupt way of going about it. They could have gotten permission, but chose not to because "I'm the president, I rule all, I govern all, I own all." It's time to stand up and tell your government this country was built on freedom. Freedom of speech, freedom of religeon and freedom to live any damn way I choose to live without fear of reprimand. One day you will understand we ALL have rights in this country and the government chose to violate those rights.
97Talonchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:11 AM   #9
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows

Thats got to be the most ignorant thing I have ever heard you say.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:33 AM   #10
OombaIsBack
Banned

Great, Bush supporters here. Guess what, everything he does isnt right.

This whole phone tapping thing sounds familiar... "watergate" comes to mind for some odd reason. Of course that was when people actually cared about their civil rights.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:39 AM   #11
ride3k
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack

This whole phone tapping thing sounds familiar... "watergate" comes to mind for some odd reason. Of course that was when people actually cared about their civil rights.

first, i am not a bush supporter, and second, ive been saying that the whole time! if they want something done, see what the people think about changing the rights, if people dont want it done, then dont friggen do it

My 3000GT SL

The Ever Resourceful hyundaguy once said "i had to make a bong out of a beer can, so yeah, "beer can/bong" would be the acceptable term used!"

once again, educating the young ones!
ride3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:22 AM   #12
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:

I know everyhitng he does isn't right, I already said that he's an idiot when it comes to immigration.

Watergate is completely different. It's like comparing an apple to a computer desk. That was the Republican party tapping the phone lines of Dem. party leaders to spy on them, not the CIA tapping a phone line to prevent another attack.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
Old 02-01-2006, 04:26 AM   #13
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
I know everyhitng he does isn't right, I already said that he's an idiot when it comes to immigration.

Watergate is completely different. It's like comparing an apple to a computer desk. That was the Republican party tapping the phone lines of Dem. party leaders to spy on them, not the CIA tapping a phone line to prevent another attack.

Exactly.

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 02-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #14
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:

You have to understand liberals sometimes like to interpret the constitution loosely to fit their agenda (see abortion, apparently a baby inside the womb is part of the womans body and her "Right" to have an abortion is protected by the right to privacy amendment...) and sometimes in this case strictly to fit their agenda (apparently the government is NEVER EVER allowed to get a little more info than they were before even if it's for a good cause like preventing terrorist attacks), both extremists on both sides do this. Very eloquently sometimes too.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:25 AM   #15
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

Except those were for different reasons. Such as to gain an advantage over another party where as here we are trying to prevent terrorism. Great analogy there. No shit everything he does isn't right but so far I have agreed more so with what he has done, than haven't.