Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2006, 05:49 AM   #1
newyorker
MXman

SRT-4 final thread

OK well some hate it, some like it, some are starting to apretiate it, so what is YOUR opinion on the SRT-4? Will not retaliate here, because this is an opinion thread. Just looking to hear what people think.
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:52 AM   #2
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
OK well some hate it, some like it, some are starting to apretiate it, so what is YOUR opinion on the SRT-4? Will not retaliate here, because this is an opinion thread. Just looking to hear what people think.

Good power for the price, dunno aboutthe reliability, I have my doubts. Fun car if you've got the money though, and ALMOST unbeatable for the price.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:58 AM   #3
Benson
seeking snappy title.

The appearance just doesn't appeal to me but I do like the performance, but I don't see myself looking into buying one.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 05:57 AM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Here's what I've read, and some of my opinions:
She's pretty damn nice looking, and has a good bit of power, especially for $20,000, but I've also heard that she has some torque steer/relatively poor handling. I'd personally love to own one
And for the record, I did start liking them because newyorker wouldn't shut up about how great they are
Old 02-02-2006, 06:01 AM   #5
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Here's what I've read, and some of my opinions:
She's pretty damn nice looking, and has a good bit of power, especially for $20,000, but I've also heard that she has some torque steer/relatively poor handling. I'd personally love to own one
And for the record, I did start liking them because newyorker wouldn't shut up about how great they are
Yea i heard the stock suspention isnt great. But thats why we got upgrades lol. I know im like a SRT-4 jahovas witness crew all on my own.

Old 02-02-2006, 06:07 AM   #6
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

i'd trade up +$7000-10,000 or whatever the difference is.

some to get a faster car, some to piss off my mustang-crazed suitemate, and some to get what my current car can only pretend to be...
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:37 AM   #7
Aondor
CF Addict

Srt-4

Its no my style.
But theres no denying it possibilities.
I wish the stratus had that kind of performance because Imo its a nice looking ride.
Aondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:18 AM   #8
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

I see a lot of them around here, personally I don't find them that bad looking. I saw a modded one take off at a red light (if it wasn't modded then DAMN). I'd like to test drive it to get a feel for it and see its potential.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:51 AM   #9
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

The SRT-4 is a feared car by many. Dodge plugged a whole ton of power into the Neon and improved the handling substansially and priced it to kill.

I love the fact it's a four door, handles near the top of the sport compact segment and can run 14.0-14.5 1/4 miles. The only things that turn me off is the interior feeling cheap, questionable Daimler/Chrysler reliabilty and the exterior appearance.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:17 PM   #10
newyorker
MXman

anyone else?

Old 02-10-2006, 07:00 PM   #11
CobaltSS
CF Newbie

personally I do like the srt-4 for the performance. not a big fan of the 4 doors on a "sportier" car but thats preference. I like how dodge did the stage kits also. all in all i could see myself owning one but i'm happy with my choice

edit:: i just hate some of the drivers mentalities, not saying all srt-4 owners have big heads but they're starting to take over the honda drivers as the biggest dicks. just my .02$
Old 02-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #12
Aondor
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltSS
personally I do like the srt-4 for the performance. not a big fan of the 4 doors on a "sportier" car but thats preference. I like how dodge did the stage kits also. all in all i could see myself owning one but i'm happy with my choice

edit:: i just hate some of the drivers mentalities, not saying all srt-4 owners have big heads but they're starting to take over the honda drivers as the biggest dicks. just my .02$

I think mustangs are good cars but it seems like everyone I meet that owns one thinks there the fastest best car thats ever been on the road.
Old 02-10-2006, 08:44 PM   #13
pik_d
CF not-so-Freak

it's not the car that makes the person think their car is the best... it's the person... i'm sure i could find camaro owners, mustang owners, srt4 owners, integra owners, (dare i say civic owners?), that think their type of car is unbeatable... hell, let's throw in M3 owners for good measure.
pik_d is offline   Reply With Quote