Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
1stackm
CF Newbie

93 crown vic stalling

Hello my name is Marla and I am new to this site. A car mechanic has had my car for 3 days and can't figure out what is wrong with it. It stalls about 30 seconds after starting every time, but starts right back up again when you try. first he said it wasn't the fuel system, then he said it was a mass air flow sensor and then said it wasn't. He doesn't seem to know what it is. The check engine light is on but has been for 3 years while running fine. Any ideas?
1stackm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stackm
Hello my name is Marla and I am new to this site. A car mechanic has had my car for 3 days and can't figure out what is wrong with it. It stalls about 30 seconds after starting every time, but starts right back up again when you try. first he said it wasn't the fuel system, then he said it was a mass air flow sensor and then said it wasn't. He doesn't seem to know what it is. The check engine light is on but has been for 3 years while running fine. Any ideas?
With the limited amount of information we have here, the only real suggestion I can give you is to find a new mechanic. This should be a fairly simple problem to diagnose, isolate and repair.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #3
napaman2486
CF Newbie

same problem in the past

I have had the same problems with my 94 4.6 liter. But when my car did what yours is doing it ended up being the intake manifold gaskets. but also if it has not been fixed yet let me know and i'll help u some more... napaman2486@aol.com
napaman2486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:39 AM   #4
farley9775
CF Newbie

got the answer

the stalling problem you are having has to do with your idler, depending on were you live they might call it somthing else like idle regulater, its located in the center rear by the firewall of your engine, its a pain in the ass to replace so make sure you go to sombody who nows what there doing or they will give you more problems, if you use 87 gas in your car this is why you have is problem. over the years your engine fills up with carbon then clogs your senser, if the car is still in good shape and you love your car ask them for a carbon cleaning, best thing you can do is pay the money and go to a reliable ford dealership, you can drive your car the way it is it will not hurt your car, its just a pain in the butt to keep it running at a red light, if you smell gas and see blue smoke when your car is running you will also need new spark plugs and spark plug cables, trust me you want to keep the car running strong or you will pay for it at the pump, also have them check your air filter if its bad change it, make sure your engine oil is up to date if its old change it. following these steps will save you a lot of money and headaches down the road ,total parts cost for all that was said $100 or less
farley9775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:05 AM   #5
Golddragoner
CF Enthusiast

Umm...blue smoke means you're burning oil silly (i.e Spark Plugs will do absolutly nothing)...black smoke is overfuelling and excessive white smoke is burning anti-freeze
Golddragoner is offline   Reply With Quote