Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2006, 03:38 PM   #1
Vegastar
CF Newbie

Age old question what is better

ok i know there has always been this little controversy between American and Japanese cars so now i bring the question to the pros ( you guys) what is better and why??? I feel that the american cars rule and that is just me but jap cars do have pros aswell so lets see what you guys think??? Is it the body styles the motors what is it that makes everyone think that a certain car is better???
Vegastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:41 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegastar
ok i know there has always been this little controversy between American and Japanese cars so now i bring the question to the pros ( you guys) what is better and why??? I feel that the american cars rule and that is just me but jap cars do have pros aswell so lets see what you guys think??? Is it the body styles the motors what is it that makes everyone think that a certain car is better???
Further proof that you are a simple minded moron. Neither are better or worse across the board. Now if you wanted to compare two specific cars under a specific set of criteria, you could determine a better car for a certain use. Otherwise, you're just blowing smoke out your ass.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #3
Vegastar
CF Newbie

what i want to do is see what is better and im asking for everyones opinons on what is better in generalits there opinon. And your is that neither our better. other people fell differently so thats why i posted this thread
Old 04-01-2006, 04:07 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegastar
what i want to do is see what is better and im asking for everyones opinons on what is better in generalits there opinon. And your is that neither our better. other people fell differently so thats why i posted this thread
Did you not read anything hobo said?....You cant possibly ask us what country makes the better car because there simply isn't an answer. Yes, people can prefer certain cars in gerneral, but asking them to chose a contry's cars and compare them is to broad a request!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #5
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

There are things wrong with all different type of cars. Whether they are American, Japanese, Italian, German, Swedish, whatever. Some things I can point out in the American category are, one, the GM Quad 4 motor, two, the early Ford 2.3L, and the GM LS1 motors' tendency to spin bearings.

Japanese cars arent without their faults either. Most Mitsubishi 2.0L DOHC engines they put in the Eclipses and Talons wont live past 120K without blowing a head gasket or overheating for some reason or another.

You can always find something wrong with any car. I, for one, prefer some American cars to Japanese, and some Japanese to American. It doesnt really matter to me. I just look at it as a love for cars and thats that.

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:58 PM   #6
Vegastar
CF Newbie

Thats what i wanted thank you you see the light
Old 04-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #7
musclecarneon
Banned

Jap cars are--in general--more reliable and have better fit and finish. American cars are--in general--more powerful and just freaking cooler. It depends on what you want in a car. Hondas are really the only Jap cars with any power at all, all the other ones are awful. If you want a car that runs for 300,000, a honda or a toyota is where to go. If you want a car that burns rubber and is just freaking cool ... get a dodge.
musclecarneon is offline   Reply With Quote