Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #1
kaytelyn
CF Newbie

Unhappy help?

got a teensy problem. I drive a '95 fix or repair daily(ford) explorer. i crashed into a gas meter and well um , long story short, hell of a dent on the left front fender, popped out left headlight plus in need of axle alignment. my truoble isthat im a poor devil and have -$$$$$$$$$. so question is where is there a charitable soul that will fix my car for very little $$?
kaytelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytelyn
got a teensy problem. I drive a '95 fix or repair daily(ford) explorer. i crashed into a gas meter and well um , long story short, hell of a dent on the left front fender, popped out left headlight plus in need of axle alignment. my truoble isthat im a poor devil and have -$$$$$$$$$. so question is where is there a charitable soul that will fix my car for very little $$?

Fix or repair daily? My grandmother owns a 96' Explorer, 120k miles, never any major problems. To me it sounds like it's your driving that is making you have to fix it, not the fact that it is a Ford. So come on now, you are the one that crashed into the gas meter, it isn't like your rear axle snapped and you had nothing to do with it.

For all those repairs it prolly won't be cheap, do you need a new headlight or is it ok and just needs to be popped in? How do you know what all the repairs are that you need done? I'm assuming you took it to a mechanic? If so did he give you an estimate for the repairs?

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."

Last edited by Pythias : 04-01-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:15 PM   #3
kaytelyn
CF Newbie

Lightbulb woah, back off a bit.

hold your horses there dude. in my experience of fords , theyre good but not great. besides , my driving is passable. not like grandpa driving at 15 in a 40 area but neither like 40 area and going 70. about the damage. im not dead. i have good eyesight and enough knowledge about the fix or repair dalilys to spot the damage. About the cheapness , i figured. but still cant resist looking for a ray of hope before i get hung by my parents from the palm tree in my front yard. oh and the head light works it just hangs out of where its supposed to go.
kaytelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:24 AM   #4
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytelyn
hold your horses there dude. in my experience of fords , theyre good but not great. besides , my driving is passable. not like grandpa driving at 15 in a 40 area but neither like 40 area and going 70. about the damage. im not dead. i have good eyesight and enough knowledge about the fix or repair dalilys to spot the damage. About the cheapness , i figured. but still cant resist looking for a ray of hope before i get hung by my parents from the palm tree in my front yard. oh and the head light works it just hangs out of where its supposed to go.

Well if you could possibly get pictures, then thats a start, from your description, without pictures, I can't begin to help you in anyway, and none else can either. Too vague. I know you can spot the exterior damage, but there is a possibility more damage was done.

Remember... there is sometimes "More than what meets the eye."

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 06:25 AM   #5
adamc44
CF Freak

well if you think you have the automotive knowledge to fix it yourself, i would go to the local junkyards and call around, try and find a fender that matches the color of your explorer, at some junkyards the guys will take it off for you, so go with them, and watch carefully what they unbolt and where the bolts go, then just do the same to your explorer, unbolt the damaged fender, and bolt on the fresh one, they may also be able to assist you on the headlight assenbly. go out and see if anythings cracked or busted or have them look and determine what is wrong then try and buy that part also and install yourself or just get some duct tape , doing this stuff yourself will save ya a little cash, but im sure the parts wont be real cheap, just guessing 15-45 for the headlight and 40-150 for the fender

but pictures would help

http://www.myspace.com/adamc44

adamc44 is offline   Reply With Quote