Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2006, 11:58 PM   #1
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
Went to the dragstrip...

Ripped off a 14.582@93.29 mph This was at 4:15-4:20ish...

Using the weather at 356pm and this converter

I have an SAE time of:

Based on:
Temp: 67
Humidity: 14%
Track Altitude: 5500 feet
Pressure: 30.14 in.


Density Altitude = 7061 feet
Uncorrected 14.582 @ 93.29
Corrected 13.12 @ 102.67
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:01 AM   #2
davsmitty
CF Addict
 
davsmitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chickasha OK
Posts: 337
what??
davsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:04 AM   #3
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
That's how fast his car is in the 1/4 mile...Pretty damn fast too
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:07 AM   #4
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Nice times there Zally....glad to see you remember the sites for conversion haha!
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #5
nighthawk
Part Time Active User
 
nighthawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: -
Posts: 1,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
That's how fast his car is in the 1/4 mile...Pretty damn fast too

13.1 is damn fast
__________________

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by davsmitty
what??


lol, I went to the dragstrip and my best time was a 14.582. But since I live at such a high altitude it would be faster if I was at sea level so I got my time coverted to sea level using the wether at the time of my run and an online converter.

So If I did my run at sea level it would have been a 13.1
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3

Last edited by Zalight : 04-04-2006 at 12:13 AM.
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:11 AM   #7
davsmitty
CF Addict
 
davsmitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chickasha OK
Posts: 337
oh, i got the times but i got lost with the conversions so...
davsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:14 AM   #8
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
Thanks guys, I was happy as hell I wanted to hit a 14.6, but every run was a 14.7 one after the other after the other....I was pissed, but they called that they were closing the staging lanes, so I line em up one last time, and the guy pairs me with a turbo hayabusa...

Great...

but anyway, I line it up, get a little heat in the tires (aka sweet burnout) Then prestage, he prestages, we both fully stage....then he deep stages.

Once again great, I am getting deepstaged by a turbo hayabusa. Whatever, I dont even care im gonna make this last run fun. So I follow suit. Tree goes yellow, yellow, green. BOMO!

Nail the launch, I mean it was beautiful, pulled a 2.01 60'. and shidted like a greecian god.

It was a great run.

Dont worry about all the numbers davsmitty, the only important ones are 14.5 and 13.1
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:21 AM   #9
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer
 
dodgerforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Farm in Saskatchewan...
Posts: 2,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Thanks guys, I was happy as hell I wanted to hit a 14.6, but every run was a 14.7 one after the other after the other....I was pissed, but they called that they were closing the staging lanes, so I line em up one last time, and the guy pairs me with a turbo hayabusa...

Great...

but anyway, I line it up, get a little heat in the tires (aka sweet burnout) Then prestage, he prestages, we both fully stage....then he deep stages.

Once again great, I am getting deepstaged by a turbo hayabusa. Whatever, I dont even care im gonna make this last run fun. So I follow suit. Tree goes yellow, yellow, green. BOMO!

Nail the launch, I mean it was beautiful, pulled a 2.01 60'. and shidted like a greecian god.

It was a great run.

Dont worry about all the numbers davsmitty, the only important ones are 14.5 and 13.1



what did the hayabusa run?
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:31 AM   #10
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.
 
Zalight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Posts: 2,264
Bah! A 9.9 or something....
__________________
1999 BMW ///M3
Zalight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 03:57 AM   #11
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Ripped off a 14.582@93.29 mph This was at 4:15-4:20ish...

Using the weather at 356pm and this converter

I have an SAE time of:

Based on:
Temp: 67
Humidity: 14%
Track Altitude: 5500 feet
Pressure: 30.14 in.


Density Altitude = 7061 feet
Uncorrected 14.582 @ 93.29
Corrected 13.12 @ 102.67

I have a hard time believing this convertor is worthwhile looking at. I mean your M3 has what, maybe 260-265hp? Only intake/exhaust right?

I dont think an M3 would run a near 13 flat on sea level with that much power. I mean a '99 Mustang GT weighs about what, 3400lbs? Has 260hp and a lot more torque obviously than your M3...and they run no better than high 13s at sea level. I would think your M3 would probably do around that and no better.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:00 AM   #12
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I have a hard time believing this convertor is worthwhile looking at. I mean your M3 has what, maybe 260-265hp? Only intake/exhaust right?

I dont think an M3 would run a near 13 flat on sea level with that much power. I mean a '99 Mustang GT weighs about what, 3400lbs? Has 260hp and a lot more torque obviously than your M3...and they run no better than high 13s at sea level. I would think your M3 would probably do around that and no better.
If you do the calculation, he needs about 220 hp at the wheels to run that number. I'm not sure I buy it, but it's definitely within the realm of possibility.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:01 AM   #13
davsmitty
CF Addict
 
davsmitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chickasha OK
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
If you do the calculation, he needs about 220 hp at the wheels to run that number. I'm not sure I buy it, but it's definitely within the realm of possibility.
whats the formula? i want to see if i can figure mine out.
davsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:03 AM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by davsmitty
whats the formula? i want to see if i can figure mine out.
The formula is to lay out some money for a program. Besides, do you have timeslips to work with? You have to have something to start with.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:08 AM   #15
davsmitty
CF Addict
 
davsmitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chickasha OK
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
The formula is to lay out some money for a program. Besides, do you have timeslips to work with? You have to have something to start with.
ahh, i figured it was something like time=(hp/w)blah, blah, blah.
davsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.