Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2006, 11:35 PM   #1
Masuk
CF Newbie

Easily Modified Streetcar

Hey guys- Good to be Back-
I was looking into building a semi serious street car. Something that will be easily modified, an easy car to build power and also to handle well. I was thinking of a factory turbo'd car only because the power potential of a factory turbo is generally greater than that of a non. I have been working mainly on dragsters, but I want to turn rather than go straight for a change. Any suggestions on a good starter car?
I will be doing the work myself, I wouldnt say I am qualified as of yet however I do beleive I have a decent amount of knowledge to get me started and if not, plenty of friends who can help.
Masuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:38 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masuk
Hey guys- Good to be Back-
I was looking into building a semi serious street car. Something that will be easily modified, an easy car to build power and also to handle well. I was thinking of a factory turbo'd car only because the power potential of a factory turbo is generally greater than that of a non. I have been working mainly on dragsters, but I want to turn rather than go straight for a change. Any suggestions on a good starter car?
I will be doing the work myself, I wouldnt say I am qualified as of yet however I do beleive I have a decent amount of knowledge to get me started and if not, plenty of friends who can help.
Simple. A Fox bodied Mustang 5.0. Cheap to buy, parts galore, goes well in a straight line or around corners and the bottom end is unbreakable.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:47 AM   #3
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

If you want simple and easy to modify and work on, get something with a Chevy 350 V8 in it. Like a Camaro.
SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:53 AM   #4
OombaIsBack
Banned

240sx.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:56 AM   #5
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsBack
240sx.
+1, SR20DET swap and it'll be a good sleeper, although they're are many other ones the fox body sounds good too
Old 04-05-2006, 01:10 AM   #6
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot

If he wants a good sleeper, then he should look into a 1984 Maserati BiTurbo

OR a 1998-2005 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi. All you have to do is tune the computer, and get a smaller supercharger pulley. My moms is a beast, and thats all we did to it. Plus we hollowed out the cats. It'll take on Mustangs and Camaros (Z28s or SSs) all day.

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #7
musclecarneon
Banned

My mom's 91 Buick Regal is already wicked fast for a senior citizen car, one of those with some mods would be a great sleeper ... can you imagine the look on the face of that punk in the 'stang as he's beaten by a BUICK??? Or a Ford Crown Victoria, those are already fast because they're cop cars and the have lots of space for mods.
musclecarneon is offline   Reply With Quote