Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2006, 04:00 AM   #1
vietsta4o8
CF Newbie

question about speeding ticket

i was just wondering how long it takes to recieve the ticket. i got the ticket on jan 16th and havent got anything in the mail yet. what should i do if i dont get the ticket in a couple of weeks? im just afraid that the ticket might have gotten lost in the mail and i dont want to have a bad driving record of not paying the fee and everything. also does anyone know how much it might cost me? i was going 62 in a 40 in san jose cali. im willing to pay the ticket and take traffic school and everything the clear the record since im only 16 and dont my insurance to shoot all the way up. any help would be appreciated, thanks!
vietsta4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 05:08 AM   #2
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietsta4o8
i was just wondering how long it takes to recieve the ticket. i got the ticket on jan 16th and havent got anything in the mail yet. what should i do if i dont get the ticket in a couple of weeks? im just afraid that the ticket might have gotten lost in the mail and i dont want to have a bad driving record of not paying the fee and everything. also does anyone know how much it might cost me? i was going 62 in a 40 in san jose cali. im willing to pay the ticket and take traffic school and everything the clear the record since im only 16 and dont my insurance to shoot all the way up. any help would be appreciated, thanks!
umm i cant help u out since in illinois they give u the tickets on teh spot... umm i got a ticket for 22 over and the fine was 90 and driving school was 30. This was illinois. I know that california is a lot more strict. I heard that they sometimes revoke license... i dunno if it's true or not but thats what i heard. Tickets in cali cost $$$ from what i heard.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:09 AM   #3
vietsta4o8
CF Newbie

thanks, can any one else help me?
vietsta4o8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 01:18 AM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
thanks, can any one else help me?
Over here in the UK, there's a certain time limit as to how long a ticket has to arrive. Was it issued by a Police Officer, or a Speed camera?...if it was the later, we would have to receive the ticket withing a couple of weeks before it's deamed as void!....Also, over here we'd probably get a few points for speeding that excessively, too!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:21 AM   #5
philo
CF Newbie

Quote:

In NY you get the ticket when you are stopped just like V-Tec mentioned about IL. But surely the police would have given you a piece of paper to indicate you were stopped. If so, there should be a phone number or court address - give them a call. If not, just call the traffic court in the area where you were stopped and ask about it.
philo is offline   Reply With Quote