Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2006, 03:05 PM   #1
bmccoy
CF Newbie

1994 toyota alternator

I have a 94 Toyota and it keeps tossing alternator belts.Every thing seems to be lighned up fine . No knicks or tight spots in the pullies.belts tight enough.But the dam thing keeps tossing them every 100 miles or so.Any help would be great.

Last edited by bmccoy : 08-16-2011 at 07:27 PM.
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccoy
I have a 94 Toyota and it keeps tossing alternator belts.Every thing seems to be lighned up fine . No knicks or tight spots in the pullies.belts tight enough.But the dam thing keeps tossing them every 100 miles or so.Any help would be great.
What do you mean by "tossing" alternator belts? Throwing them off the alternator, or snapping them?....If they keep falling off I'd suggest you tighten them up properly in future lol. If they keep breaking, I suggest you dont tighten them too excessively in future! The belt shouldn't be too tight, at the same time it shouldn't be too loose. Once you have tightened it up, gently twist the belt with your fingers, you should be able to turn it no more than about 180degrees, and not really any less either!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote