Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
camuzzi1
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6
Question my first car?

My 16th birthday is coming iup and it is time to finally choose a first car. I get a price range of 12k-14k and I need some help choosing out a car. I can't get more then 60k miles on it. The cars Im looking at are the hyundai tiburon gt v6, the scion tc, and the acura rsx type s. I want a fast car but my dad won't lemme get something too fast (subaru wrx). I won't settle for anything but a manual. Do you think I can find a good price on a used lexus IS300???
camuzzi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:26 PM   #2
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
I'm sorry but I just don't respect people who can mooch off their parents for an expensive first car...
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #3
camuzzi1
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6
if you could you would
camuzzi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:09 PM   #4
SlipKnoT
The Ultimate Maggot
 
SlipKnoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by camuzzi1
if you could you would
Someone is a little snotty rich kid. Wouldnt you say so Steven?
__________________
1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo [Projekt Redline]
Mods: Airbox delete w/ K&N cone, hollowed cat, Fidanza short throw.
HOW FAST!?...we'll find out this summer.

SlipKnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:29 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
Someone is a little snotty rich kid. Wouldnt you say so Steven?
Your post is proof that you're capable of logical thought and reasoning, but... In doing so you had to be an ass, call someone a name and put him down in the process. Kind of ironic, isn't it. Pot, kettle, black. I might even call is "shovenism" on your part if I knew what the word meant. We're still waiting for an explanation.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipKnoT
Someone is a little snotty rich kid. Wouldnt you say so Steven?
That may be the case, but are you telling me if your parents said "Hey, here's the money, go get a car!" you'd say "No thanx, I'll save up for my own..."
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:39 PM   #7
Benson
seeking snappy title.
 
Benson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 543
I'm not a rich kid or spoiled kid, and pretty far from it. But I guarantee 50% of people here would take a new car if their parents offered them one. If the situation were me, I wouldn't take the car but I would want to have my parents help out a little bit with some cash. But I guess if I were raised as a rich kid I would have a whole different outlook on this situation.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:49 PM   #8
giant016
My mom says I'm cool
 
giant016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by camuzzi1
My 16th birthday is coming iup and it is time to finally choose a first car. I get a price range of 12k-14k and I need some help choosing out a car. I can't get more then 60k miles on it. The cars Im looking at are the hyundai tiburon gt v6, the scion tc, and the acura rsx type s. I want a fast car but my dad won't lemme get something too fast (subaru wrx). I won't settle for anything but a manual. Do you think I can find a good price on a used lexus IS300???
Isn't the RSX-S pretty much in the same league performance wise as the WRX? From what I'm seeing, the quarter mile times are pretty close (WRX is a little faster).

Don't let the negativity from earlier get you down, I think those guys are a little jealous. If you had said something like "my dad ONLY gave me 12-14K", then you'd be fair game.
__________________
Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #9
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
I wouldn't buy a new car, but probably a 1990 240sx and swap a SR20DET in it or else just buy a foxbody 5.0 and whipple it
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:42 PM   #10
camuzzi1
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6
don't attack me because I grew up in a different lifestyle. I know i am getting more money then 99 percent of the people out there for a first car, but why do you need to attack that? If you grew up in a town like me where 12-14k for a first car isnt that much in the envirement im growing up in, you would have a similar attitude. It is not like I don't appreciate living in the situation Im in. Some of you seem to tag people with certain stereotypes that since my family is giving me a wealthy opertunity, that I don't work hard and I believe I am in a avg lifestyle. In fact my house is not big, we have no special luxuries, it is just that me and my dad are fanatics towards vehicles and his wallet and mentality seem to get the best of him in that regard. I mean he is very cheap, he is the kinda guy who doesn't heat the house over 60 degrees during the winter to save a few bucks, but he also is the kind of guy who packs a 993 turbo 911 and a 360 modena in his garage. Just if you are curious I live in weston mass.
camuzzi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:47 PM   #11
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by camuzzi1
don't attack me because I grew up in a different lifestyle. I know i am getting more money then 99 percent of the people out there for a first car, but why do you need to attack that? If you grew up in a town like me where 12-14k for a first car isnt that much in the envirement im growing up in, you would have a similar attitude. It is not like I don't appreciate living in the situation Im in. Some of you seem to tag people with certain stereotypes that since my family is giving me a wealthy opertunity, that I don't work hard and I believe I am in a avg lifestyle. In fact my house is not big, we have no special luxuries, it is just that me and my dad are fanatics towards vehicles and his wallet and mentality seem to get the best of him in that regard. I mean he is very cheap, he is the kinda guy who doesn't heat the house over 60 degrees during the winter to save a few bucks, but he also is the kind of guy who packs a 993 turbo 911 and a 360 modena in his garage. Just if you are curious I live in weston mass.
And the drama continues. At this point i'm beginning to wonder if this a true story, based on a true story or fictional. Only time will tell.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 07:50 PM   #12
99integra
CF's Florida boy
 
99integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 6,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by camuzzi1
don't attack me because I grew up in a different lifestyle.
I don't remember attacking you pumpkin I just said that I don't respect people who don't work for what they get, guess it was the level of "class" that I was raised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camuzzi1
I know i am getting more money then 99 percent of the people out there for a first car, but why do you need to attack that?

Don't flatter yourself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camuzzi1
If you grew up in a town like me where 12-14k for a first car isnt that much in the envirement im growing up in, you would have a similar attitude.
Thats a big IF then isn't it?


Quote:
Originally Posted by camuzzi1
It is not like I don't appreciate living in the situation Im in. Some of you seem to tag people with certain stereotypes that since my family is giving me a wealthy opertunity, that I don't work hard and I believe I am in a avg lifestyle.
I could beg to differ

Quote:
Originally Posted by camuzzi1
....we have no special luxuries, it is just but he also is the kind of guy who packs a 993 turbo 911 and a 360 modena in his garage.


///End Rant
__________________
Current whip: walking
99integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 08:11 PM   #13
chris_knows
๑۩۞
 
chris_knows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada Status:Trying to find my ish
Posts: 7,630
I don't get it...he didn't come on here to be flamed, he came for help. Most of us have to pay for our cars, but he got lucky, and doesn't have to...So why not offer suggestions rather than make fun of him and stuff?

I'd suggest the RSX...beautiful car, and still makes some pretty good power
__________________
chris_knows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:44 PM   #14
skeetin870
CF Enthusiast
 
skeetin870's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tulsa Ok
Posts: 208
If you dont have any special luxuries, why does your father have 2 100k+ cars? I find it hard to believe that you lead an average life with those 2 cars that your father "has." Do you have pictures to prove that they exist, with something like "Taken for CF." Can we see them? Dont say you dont have a digital camera. If you have a 360 and 993 turbo, I find it hard to believe you wouldn't. I call BS until I see otherwise
__________________

skeetin870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.