Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2006, 08:49 PM   #1
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

'97 Probe GTS

Hmm, just when I began to regain my trust in fords...

The gas gauge is all messed up. When the tank is filled completely, the gauge only shows half full. and it runs on "empty" for like 20 or 30 miles before the fuel light comes on.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Oomba, you have an Mx3, have u ever had this problem?

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 08:53 PM   #2
OombaIsBack
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
Hmm, just when I began to regain my trust in fords...

The gas gauge is all messed up. When the tank is filled completely, the gauge only shows half full. and it runs on "empty" for like 20 or 30 miles before the fuel light comes on.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Oomba, you have an Mx3, have u ever had this problem?

I have an Mx6. The gas gauge can often be very inaccurate because it is a floating gauge instead of electric, so alot of times if you're driving after going around corners it can be off. It should go to normal after it has been sitting on level ground for a while.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
TurboLag
CF's Bonafide Sonbitch

MX6*, my bad. i get those 2 confused...

Well that makes sense since its always parked on a pretty steep incline

Quote:
I am crazy. But you know what else? I don't give a ****.
-Tupac
TurboLag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OombaIsAMoron
I have an Mx6. The gas gauge can often be very inaccurate because it is a floating gauge instead of electric, so alot of times if you're driving after going around corners it can be off. It should go to normal after it has been sitting on level ground for a while.
WTF is that e-tarded description supposed to mean? Do you realize that 99% of the fuel guage sending units ever produced have floats AND are electric. Besides, if you had the common sense to read and comprehend his problem you would know that a full tank, on any incline short of near 90 degrees, will not cause a full tank to read half full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboLag
What you have is an indication problem. Most likely from your description, you have a poor power or ground conection at the guage. Further diagnosis is neccesary to isolate the exact cause.

P.S. It's not a Ford, it's a Mazda.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:12 AM   #5
Aondor
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo

P.S. It's not a Ford, it's a Mazda.

yea fords products are all spotless and mazda get pwned by everyone.

I know it maybe a mazda design hobo but Its a FORD probe. I mean we don't call it the chevy transam or mercury maverick or ford comet. The slightly diffrent body styling features make it its own unique car.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:28 AM   #6
tydale3
CF Newbie

Ford

Ford and Mazda are sleeping together. All fuel gauges are electric. Never seen one that didnt have a float!!!!!!! The tank has baffles in it. going around a corner has nothing to do with anything.
tydale3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:02 AM   #7
OombaIsBack
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydale3
Ford and Mazda are sleeping together. All fuel gauges are electric. Never seen one that didnt have a float!!!!!!! The tank has baffles in it. going around a corner has nothing to do with anything.

Then explain how every Probe and MX6's gas gauge reads off after being on an incline or going around a corner until it sits on even ground for a while.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:34 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aondor
yea fords products are all spotless and mazda get pwned by everyone.

I know it maybe a mazda design hobo but Its a FORD probe. I mean we don't call it the chevy transam or mercury maverick or ford comet. The slightly diffrent body styling features make it its own unique car.
You're a boob. Is the current Mazda B-series a Mazda or a Ford? Answer. It's a Ford Ranger with different trim and nameplates, that still makes it a Ford. Think, type, submit.

BTW, while I have your attention, lose to "pwned" bullsh*t. It's only serves to display your copius ignorance more than you already do normally.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 01:43 AM   #9
Aondor
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
You're a boob. Is the current Mazda B-series a Mazda or a Ford? Answer. It's a Ford Ranger with different trim and nameplates, that still makes it a Ford. Think, type, submit.

BTW, while I have your attention, lose to "pwned" bullsh*t. It's only serves to display your copius ignorance more than you already do normally.

wow you actualy think im in anyways serious when i say pwned once again goes back to clear intent but I know you can only read the letters.
You must have totaly bombed college lit.
No I think if it says mazda its a mazda.
The fusion is a rebaged 6 its a ford.
I mean if it says ford its a ford.
I know there the same cars rebagged but like i said its a pontiac transam not a chevy trans am