Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2006, 06:33 AM   #1
Pwright23
CF Newbie

Question Which Car?

I would like to know what would be a good car to start with for tuning. Something fairly cheap that i can make great. I don't want a POS either. Any advise would be wonderful. Thank you
Pwright23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 07:03 AM   #2
V-Tec
CF's student post whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwright23
I would like to know what would be a good car to start with for tuning. Something fairly cheap that i can make great. I don't want a POS either. Any advise would be wonderful. Thank you
umm tell us ur price range and more specific needs... what is fairly cheap??? i would say somekind of integra or eclipse since there are tons of aftremarket parts for them.... GSR and GSX would be a nice bas eto start off with.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:05 AM   #3
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Lets have a criteria...

Domestic, import, large or small displacement engine, coupe, sedan, compact, suv, good handling, lots of torque, high revving, old, new, price range, etc!
Old 04-10-2006, 07:22 AM   #4
elchango36
WWJCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Lets have a criteria...

Domestic, import, large or small displacement engine, coupe, sedan, compact, suv, good handling, lots of torque, high revving, old, new, price range, etc!

Help us Help You
Old 04-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #5
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Get a Camaro, my uncle had one, and smoked everyone in it, and he was really fast, and it turned really good
Old 04-12-2006, 06:13 AM   #6
Pwright23
CF Newbie

Fairly cheap would be somewhere between free and 6000. I want to do a few mods. I would really like something that has DOHC. It needs to be four door thought. Need a place for a car seat when i'm not smoking other cars. I am open to any advice that anybody has to offer. Either domestic or import. I was thinking along the lines of an integra. but if i chose that, which integra should i get, what year, etc?????
Pwright23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:13 PM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Fairly cheap would be somewhere between free and 6000. I want to do a few mods. I would really like something that has DOHC. It needs to be four door thought. Need a place for a car seat when i'm not smoking other cars. I am open to any advice that anybody has to offer. Either domestic or import. I was thinking along the lines of an integra. but if i chose that, which integra should i get, what year, etc?????
So why post this thread in this section?..

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 05:20 PM   #8
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:

I didn't know there were any 4 door integra's.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:50 AM   #9
Sick88Tbird
Master of the Fox-chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
Get a Camaro, my uncle had one, and smoked everyone in it, and he was really fast, and it turned really good

Post-whoring douche bag

At any rate...buy a '79-82 Ford Fairmont/Lincoln Zephyr, then you can convert to a fuel injected 5.0 if you've got a mustang available to pull apart(a.k.a. junkyard)...everything bolts right in and you will have a quick car...they only weigh about 2900-3100lbs and you've got four doors.

1988 Cougar XR-7- HO/T-5 conversion, cracked block prevented from reaching full potential.

RIP '88 T-Bird....14.1@98.7mph...best sleeper in So. Jersey, now it's taking a permanent dirt nap.
Sick88Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote