Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2004, 06:11 PM   #1
camaro67
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 24
should trucks be dropped?

should trucks be dropped? i mean really now you get a truck to do work or mudding if any thing you should raise a truck. what are your oppinions.
camaro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:27 PM   #2
DJ Nonsense
CF Newbie
 
DJ Nonsense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 50
Well it all depends IMO. I perfer to drop a truck low. Some people would do that and then put switches on them. But I would rather ride low. Thats just me though
__________________


Takes a long time to gain respect, but it only takes seconds to lose it
DJ Nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:41 PM   #3
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro67
should trucks be dropped? i mean really now you get a truck to do work or mudding if any thing you should raise a truck. what are your oppinions.
That is your opinion. Most trucks on the road in the US don't do any sort of work beyond carrying groceries. And the vast majority of 4x4's never even travel down a dirt driveway.

Yes, trucks should be dropped if that's what the owner wants to do. Yes, trucks should be raised if that's what the owner wants to do. Very seldom are these modifications done to make the truck more useful or better for a particular purpose, they're just done because somebody likes the way it looks. Your question is much like asking "should trucks be blue?". Well if you like blue probably but if you like red, well then maybe not.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:49 PM   #4
camaro67
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 24
calm your self

damn bro somebody needs to calm them selves all i wanted was an opinion so go put your self in a corner
camaro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:54 PM   #5
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro67
damn bro somebody needs to calm them selves all i wanted was an opinion so go put your self in a corner
And I suppose posting that reply twice gets your point across better. If you wanted an opinion you should have asked "Do you like lowered trucks or not and why?". What you did was stae your opinion and look for people to agree.

I don't know of anyone here who needs to calm down, but I know someone who needs to smarten up.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:58 PM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
I just received this little gem from our newly appointed village idiot, errr... beasteality boy. If you're man enough to say it, say it in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro67
damn bro calm down **** all i wanted was an opinion damn go blow goats
p.s. trucks should be blue
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:04 PM   #7
DJ Nonsense
CF Newbie
 
DJ Nonsense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 50
I agree all trucks should be blue. Hell everything should be blue.

Cause blue is my favorite color
__________________


Takes a long time to gain respect, but it only takes seconds to lose it
DJ Nonsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 07:34 PM   #8
camaro67
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
I just received this little gem from our newly appointed village idiot, errr... beasteality boy. If you're man enough to say it, say it in public.
hey bro i said it was an opinion at the end of my question so i think some one needs to smartin up other than me now dont get me wrong thats just my OPINION
p.s. REMEBER its just an opinion
camaro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:14 PM   #9
Voda48
CF Lance Fan
 
Voda48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 1,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
And I suppose posting that reply twice gets your point across better. If you wanted an opinion you should have asked "Do you like lowered trucks or not and why?". What you did was stae your opinion and look for people to agree.

I don't know of anyone here who needs to calm down, but I know someone who needs to smarten up.


Dude you have some hostility issues. "Can't we all just get along?"

As for the issue at hand, I think the owner's opinion is all that should matters because in the end they are the ones who will be driving the car, not any of us. If they choose to lower it, thats great. If they give it a 12" lift and need to get a ladder to get in their truck, more power to you

Last edited by Voda48 : 04-01-2004 at 04:17 PM.
Voda48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:35 PM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice
 
vwhobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Redneck Hell
Posts: 8,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda48
Dude you have some hostility issues. "Can't we all just get along?"

As for the issue at hand, I think the owner's opinion is all that should matters because in the end they are the ones who will be driving the car, not any of us. If they choose to lower it, thats great. If they give it a 12" lift and need to get a ladder to get in their truck, more power to you
1. No, we can't all just get along. That is a phrase used by people who would rather go with the flow, no matter how uncomfortable it may be, than make a valid point.

2. I have hostility issues. I'm not the one who PM'd myself and said I should go blow goats. Read from the top and see who started this and then tell me who has issues.
__________________
Thanks for the pic, jedimario.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 06:50 PM   #11
camaro67
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
That is your opinion. Most trucks on the road in the US don't do any sort of work beyond carrying groceries. And the vast majority of 4x4's never even travel down a dirt driveway.

Yes, trucks should be dropped if that's what the owner wants to do. Yes, trucks should be raised if that's what the owner wants to do. Very seldom are these modifications done to make the truck more useful or better for a particular purpose, they're just done because somebody likes the way it looks. Your question is much like asking "should trucks be blue?". Well if you like blue probably but if you like red, well then maybe not.
damn bro go calm yourself all i wanted was a frikin opinion
camaro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:03 PM   #12
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
That is your opinion. Most trucks on the road in the US don't do any sort of work beyond carrying groceries. And the vast majority of 4x4's never even travel down a dirt driveway.

Yes, trucks should be dropped if that's what the owner wants to do. Yes, trucks should be raised if that's what the owner wants to do. Very seldom are these modifications done to make the truck more useful or better for a particular purpose, they're just done because somebody likes the way it looks. Your question is much like asking "should trucks be blue?". Well if you like blue probably but if you like red, well then maybe not.
camaro67, I really dont see why you see this post as you do, I didn't find it rude!
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:05 AM   #13
whiskeygirl666
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 11
wrong in so many ways

i'm a girl and when guys have trucks that are lowered it makes them look...i dunno...weird. if anything you should lift it. i don't know about other girls, but i love big trucks (don't take that the wrong way), especially diesel!!
whiskeygirl666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:14 PM   #14
ChrisV
The Big Meaney
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: People's Republic of Maryland
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeygirl666
i'm a girl and when guys have trucks that are lowered it makes them look...i dunno...weird. if anything you should lift it. i don't know about other girls, but i love big trucks (don't take that the wrong way), especially diesel!!

What if I don't WANT to go offroading? I had no problems towing anything that I wanted with my lowered trucks, and I had no problems carrying what I wanted. If YOU want to raise your trucks, go ahead. Many of us just love low vehicles.

BTW, if I wanted to go offroading, I'd use a Jeep or a Land Rover.
__________________
I'm not mean. You're just a wuss.



www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:02 AM   #15
brewer_26
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 34
i think that they should only be dropped if it is an s10...those are the only trucks that look good lowered.
brewer_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.