Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2006, 11:03 PM   #1
sovietdoc
CF Newbie

Question Any suggestions?

I am looking into building a street racing ride. I am pretty new in this and there are a lot of cars that are just amazing to start with. Any suggestions? I was thinking about Golf GTI MrV because its cheap, pretty light, and got a lot of potential. On the other hand, 300hp Subaru WRX STi looks sweet too.. But I am open to any suggestions about what car I should use. My main concern is acceleration. So the less seconds it takes to do 0-60 from the start, the better.

P.S. Please don't "suggest" stuff like "street racing is stupid, or street racing is wreckless. I've already heard those stories :P
sovietdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:12 PM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I'm not offering suggestions because street racing IS stupid and it COULD kill someone
Old 04-23-2006, 11:39 PM   #3
salimander13
Teach me, I'm learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovietdoc
I am looking into building a street racing ride. I am pretty new in this and there are a lot of cars that are just amazing to start with. Any suggestions? I was thinking about Golf GTI MrV because its cheap, pretty light, and got a lot of potential. On the other hand, 300hp Subaru WRX STi looks sweet too.. But I am open to any suggestions about what car I should use. My main concern is acceleration. So the less seconds it takes to do 0-60 from the start, the better.

P.S. Please don't "suggest" stuff like "street racing is stupid, or street racing is wreckless. I've already heard those stories :P

I won't suggest it, but I will tell you...street racing is stupid and it is reckless.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:44 PM   #4
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:

Welcome back newyorker.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:30 AM   #5
OombaIsBack
Banned

Nobody wants to help you street racing, you ****ing moron. Now why dont you go play chicken with a wall. Go for the win!
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:40 AM   #6
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

I'll agree w/ everyone here, cept hobo. He's only got 1 post instead of 300. Newyorker wouldn't have just one post.

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:50 AM   #7
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Wow, buying an expensive car specifically for street racing. WICKED GOOD IDEA! I hope you live in an area where they seize racer's cars. I don't care if you can control your car, like many racers say. You can't control other elements, such as random pedestrians, or the other driver. Buying an expensive car for racing isn't only dumb for the dangers, but also because eventually it will probably end up in a wrecker or for sale from all the legal fees. Racers consider themselves car guys, but they're not. Car guys give a crap about their cars and wouldn't risk their pride and joy every weekend. Racing once in a while-you'll probably get away with it. If you do it all the time, you'll pay your dues.

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:51 AM   #8
OombaIsBack
Banned

The track is much more fun anyway.
OombaIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:42 PM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Welcome back newyorker.
Nah, we can all rest assured that newyorker is still not here lol.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:05 AM   #10
Benson
seeking snappy title.

Quote:
street racing is stupid, or street racing is wreckless

You said it.
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:40 AM   #11
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

Quote:

My suggestion is to stick a revolver down your throat and pull the trigger. More lives will be saved.

And yes, saying that street racing is dangerous is nothing more than a silly suggestion, someone's ludicrous idea of wasting time and fannying about.

On the other hand, there is a bright side to someone like you. It makes the rest of us feel superior.

Last edited by hondaman : 04-24-2006 at 01:43 AM.
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 02:51 AM   #12
sovietdoc
CF Newbie

Thanks! Alright, hopefully everything will go as planned. And again, thatks for the help.
sovietdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 03:16 AM   #13
evanstud08
Banned

This Reminded Me When My Older Brother Crashed At A Four Way Intersection His Awesome Blue SS Camero Was TOTALED. =[
evanstud08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:31 PM   #14
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Quote:
Thanks! Alright, hopefully everything will go as planned. And again, thatks for the help.
glad to help moron

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:03 PM   #15
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:

That's what this guy thought...

http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=21733

Maybe we'll see pictures of you in someone's lawn in a similar fashion... Hopefully no one will be killed.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote