Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2006, 11:48 PM   #1
CarEXPERT
Banned

Speeding ticket

Last year on june 15, 2005, I was cited for speeding (15mph over limit) and that time I was driving with a permit with my dad coming home from school. SO the cop says that I will be getting a letter so I could choose to go to traffic school or to court.

So today..amost a year later the send me this letter that says my appearance in court is mandatory and I have to pay $195 for a court appearance. So I'm thinking did I missed the letter that says Icould go to traffic school and have all this earased? But no.. cause my dad never got any letter regarding this insident.

I read all the requirements they said for traffic school and I'm sure I met the requirements.

The only requirement i'm not really sure about is "you may attend traffic school if you have a valid drivers license, and have not attended traffic school before."

As of right now I dont have my licence card because my high school took it way from me when they caught me not at school when I was suppost to be (not the first time). So I dont have my card, but is my licence still valid then? Or can my school suspend my licenced? But remember I was cited on June of 2005 and had my licenced til January 2006. And why did it take them so long to send the letter?

So on the letter they gave me four choices I could do:

1.Proof of correction
2.To pay your ticket(bail forfeiture)
3.Request court appearance... and it says this is mandatory for me.($197)
4.Traffic school.

But the letter says that the only chose I could do is number 3.

So why did the police officer that cited me say that I can go to traffic school and the citation will be dismissed? Where can I go to talk to them about it?

EDIT: The letter also says that "the date for completion of traffic school has pass".
Was I suppost to get a letter to appy for the class or was I suppost to do it myself?

Last edited by CarEXPERT : 04-24-2006 at 11:52 PM.
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:31 AM   #2
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

if you never got a notice saying anything about an initial court date option, then they have waited too long to pursue your case, at least up here. Talk to the prosecuting attorney and see what the deal is.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:36 AM   #3
CarEXPERT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
if you never got a notice saying anything about an initial court date option, then they have waited too long to pursue your case, at least up here. Talk to the prosecuting attorney and see what the deal is.

This is the first notice they given me and the letter says that the date for my completion of traffic school has passed. So was I suppost to sign up for traffic school myself or was I suppost to wait for a letter regarding the traffic school?
CarEXPERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:37 AM   #4
99integra
CF's Florida boy

You know here in Florida, you have a learners permit and get a traffic conviction (whether it be speeding ticket, accident, etc..) you get your permit suspended until you are 18 and then need to do the whole permit thing all over again.....
Old 04-25-2006, 02:48 AM   #5
Godlaus
UnFedFat in Disguise

Ask the policeman when the last time he calibrated his radar gun was, and *POOF*! There goes the ticket.