Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2002, 03:06 PM   #1

1995 celica to 1995 civic?

Ok, this little punk down the street says that the new celica would kick my 95 civic's butt. I agreed. But could a 1995 celica beat a 1995 civic? both the top models of course. My civic is a Vtec-EX coupe. 130 hp. Not sure on the celica. But I sure would like to race this punk, even in his 2002 celica. So whatcha think?
Old 05-03-2002, 04:07 PM   #2
Deepdish
CF Newbie

Well if you were to race him in his 2002 celica all i can say is you're in for a good ol' spanking. A friend of mine has a 2001 celica and that thing can move. But a 1995 celica?, I donno. I know they weren't that fast back then, but I say find one and race it... 8)
Deepdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 04:47 PM   #3

95's had the 2.0 liters, the 4cyl camary engines.. i think they were around 140HP.. i think a 95 would take you.. its got more torque... but there is only one way to find out..
Old 05-03-2002, 05:03 PM   #4

What trim lvl is the old Celica? If it's GTS or GT4 you might be in trouble
Old 05-06-2002, 02:58 AM   #5

The Honda would spank the old Celica's ass, of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepdish
Well if you were to race him in his 2002 celica all i can say is you're in for a good ol' spanking. A friend of mine has a 2001 celica and that thing can move. But a 1995 celica?, I donno. I know they weren't that fast back then, but I say find one and race it... 8)
Old 01-15-2003, 05:13 AM   #6

I will let you guys know in a few. I am gonna race my gf's bros celica in a week. I was curious also, so i will let you guys know.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:00 PM   #7
GoOsEmAn

the celica is alot better then the civic. And it looks alot better as well.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:35 AM   #8
GoOsEmAn

the civic has 160 to motor about 100 to wheels
the celica im not sure about but i think it has more..
Old 01-11-2004, 08:21 AM   #9
dsimages
CF Newbie

Actually the celica has 2 different motors. One (in the ST) has a 1.6 liter 7afe motor and is slow as a snail (Iknow this cause I own one) and the other is the GT version and it has 2.2 litre 5sfe motor which is the same as the MR2 NA. Ive never owned a Civic but Ihave owned the MR2 and the Celica. I used to eat up civics all day long in my MR2 NA. So if your friend has the GT version you will lose but if he has the ST version you might have a chance.
dsimages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 08:37 AM   #10
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsimages
Actually the celica has 2 different motors. One (in the ST) has a 1.6 liter 7afe motor and is slow as a snail (Iknow this cause I own one) and the other is the GT version and it has 2.2 litre 5sfe motor which is the same as the MR2 NA. Ive never owned a Civic but Ihave owned the MR2 and the Celica. I used to eat up civics all day long in my MR2 NA. So if your friend has the GT version you will lose but if he has the ST version you might have a chance.

I have three of these showing up...I hope deleting two wont delete three...

::biting nails::

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 03:35 PM   #11
SuperJew
I like pie.

hmmm talk about thread revival!

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 09:16 PM   #12
Heat_Seeker
CF Enthusiast

Quote:

If your friend has a '95 Celica GT4, then believe me, your screwed and don't even try. Its got a 3SGTE engine, all-wheel-drive, and turbo. Your Civic won't stand up to that.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:36 PM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat_Seeker
If your friend has a '95 Celica GT4, then believe me, your screwed and don't even try. Its got a 3SGTE engine, all-wheel-drive, and turbo. Your Civic won't stand up to that.
News flash guys. He asked the question over 19 months ago and hasn't come back. I don't think he cares, how about you? 8O

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:07 AM   #14
Heat_Seeker
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
News flash guys. He asked the question over 19 months ago and hasn't come back. I don't think he cares, how about you? 8O

Oops. LoL. I never really check the dates on the posts, I just check out the ones people put new posts on. My bad.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:07 AM   #15
mytragicend
CF Newbie

Depends on the driver

i have a 95 Civic DX (102hp)one of my friends has a 90 Celica GT-S HB(130). My car keeps us with him ive beating him on takeoff but he catches up i acn barely win and theres a difference of 28hp. the 95 civic ex versus a 95 celica gt is a good match because it would all depend on the drivers. weight is very important to.a civic ex will win!!!
mytragicend is offline   Reply With Quote