Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2006, 05:35 AM   #1
Stem
HAHA Im Stem!

Mustangs

Wut year were the fox body mustangs? Or were the fox bodies just a different model but still all in the same years? And the fox body's had the 5.0 liter engine right? I really dont know anything about the older gen mustangs... help a brotha out please.
Stem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 05:40 AM   #2
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stem
Wut year were the fox body mustangs? Or were the fox bodies just a different model but still all in the same years? And the fox body's had the 5.0 liter engine right? I really dont know anything about the older gen mustangs... help a brotha out please.
1987-93.
They had the 5.0 liter...actually 4.9 liters but whatever.
What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by What
1987-93.
They had the 5.0 liter...actually 4.9 liters but whatever.

Actually, the Fox Mustangs started in 1979. the Fox chassis was originally developed for the Fairmont/Zephyr, which arrived in late '77 as a '78 model, and was the basis for a number of cars in the '80s. the last one considered a Fox Mustang was 1993, all right. But the SN-95s that followed them were really modified Fox platforms, as well.

Older generation? Jeeze. the Mustang's been around since '64. The Fox versions are late model Mustangs!

They had everything from the 2.3 liter 4 cyl to the 2.8, 3.3, and 3.8 liter V6, and the 5.0 V8. The 2.3s came in normally aspirated and turbo form (there were turbo 2.3s in more than just the SVO Mustangs, too, that reddish orange Cobra pictured above had a turbo 2.3 as an option). The turbo 4s in basic form were the second most powerful engines in the Mustang, though the '79 Pace car and the SVO versions of the turbo 4 cyl were as powerful as the same year V8s.

In 1980, in fact, the 5.0 V8 was not available, with a weak 4.2 liter V8 the only V8. The turbo 4 in that year was the performance option, with half again as much power as the V8!

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 02:29 PM   #4
What
Banned

ChrisV is correct, but when most people think of the Fox body Mustang they think of the 87-93's...or maybe that's just how it is where I come from.

I bought an 87' Mustang GT today for $4,000.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:26 PM   #5
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
ChrisV is correct, but when most people think of the Fox body Mustang they think of the 87-93's...or maybe that's just how it is where I come from.

...so you're saying that you and the people around you don't think properly, yet you still think you're right...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:32 AM   #6
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:

Now turbo the shit outta it.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:09 AM   #7
What
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
...so you're saying that you and the people around you don't think properly, yet you still think you're right...
No, I've adjusted my communication to satisfy the thought process of the "people" projected into my local life. I have full understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalight
Now turbo the shit outta it.
Not yet. I'm going to clean it up first then go for n/a power via aggressive cams, headers, stroker kit, etc.

It runs now but needs a starter (a push start was required to test drive it), clutch, and various other maintainence based thingys.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:17 AM   #8
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
No, I've adjusted my communication to satisfy the thought process of the "people" projected into my local life. I have full understanding.

Not yet. I'm going to clean it up first then go for n/a power via aggressive cams, headers, stroker kit, etc.

It runs now but needs a starter (a push start was required to test drive it), clutch, and various other maintainence based thingys.

Do you know how many "truthful" miles are on it as the odometers roll over. Give us some specs on it, hatchback, notchback, t-tops(yes some had t-tops), convertible, mileage, any mods, all the goods.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:32 AM   #9
What
Banned

It has 152,000 miles. Hatchback. It's a GT. The guy I bought it from claims it has a modified dual exhaust, modified "adjustable" clutch, modified engine computer, and the a/c was converted to R-134a.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:37 AM   #10
dodger65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
Give us some specs on it, hatchback, notchback, t-tops(yes some had t-tops

i had one w/ t-tops. that car friggin' leaked like they weren't even on....

Old 06-28-2006, 06:04 AM   #11
Zalight
Who's house? Runs house.

Quote:

Sounds like my friend Alfonso's 5.0
Old 06-28-2006, 11:49 AM   #12
dodger65

Quote:

for that price, that stang better be pretty pimpin'... the kelley blue book only lists it for 1480 loaded in excellent condition...

Old 06-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #13
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
for that price, that stang better be pretty pimpin'... the kelley blue book only lists it for 1480 loaded in excellent condition...

Kelley Blue Book is about as off as you can get. There is one on Ebay right now with about 3 mods, pretty clean, 68k original miles, went for like 6 something, and actually never met the reserve. Nice Fox Bodies are worth some money. If you don't believe me I can link you to as many ads as you wish.

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 06-28-2006, 05:57 PM   #14
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

People can try to sell cars for whatever they want. KBB doesn't account for mods, history, or anything important like that. All it really looks at is the simple facts. Age, Condition, Country of Origin.

If KBB went far back enough, they would probably say my car is worth $50 or some bullshit amount like that.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:21 PM   #15
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
People can try to sell cars for whatever they want. KBB doesn't account for mods, history, or anything important like that. All it really looks at is the simple facts. Age, Condition, Country of Origin.

If KBB went far back enough, they would probably say my car is worth $50 or some bullshit amount like that.

Lolz yes they would.