Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-07-2004, 03:56 PM   #1
sstk100
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NE
Posts: 2
1988 Mercedes 260E radio cut off

My 1988 260E has a weird radio problem.

The radio will shut off if I open or close the power sunroof, and sometimes the power windows will do the same thing.

Is the radio somehow bad?, or what gives???
sstk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 04:07 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstk100
My 1988 260E has a weird radio problem.

The radio will shut off if I open or close the power sunroof, and sometimes the power windows will do the same thing.

Is the radio somehow bad?, or what gives???
It's threads like this that really Piss me off, everyone else here knows what I mean, it wasn't JUST the fact that you failed to introduce yourself in the relevent section or even wrote this thread in the wrong place, but that you did't even say please of thank you...
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 01:55 AM   #3
sstk100
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NE
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
It's threads like this that really Piss me off, everyone else here knows what I mean, it wasn't JUST the fact that you failed to introduce yourself in the relevent section or even wrote this thread in the wrong place, but that you did't even say please of thank you...

Sorry I didn't make your day.

I read through all the various information in this web site, and don't see any guide lines on how to write threads.

I was just looking for infomation, and since this site seems more inclinded to ridicule, rather than help, I'll say good bye.
sstk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 03:33 AM   #4
DodgeRida67
Banned
 
DodgeRida67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Jackson, Georgia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
I read through all the various information in this web site, and don't see any guide lines on how to write threads.

I guess you missed this: http://www.car-forums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2200
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 08:04 AM   #5
lectroid
0000?
 
lectroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Redneck Hillbilly Heaven
Posts: 1,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstk100
Sorry I didn't make your day.

I read through all the various information in this web site, and don't see any guide lines on how to write threads.

I was just looking for infomation, and since this site seems more inclinded to ridicule, rather than help, I'll say good bye.

Hey, you made my day. Nothing wrong with the radio or windows. You must have missed the thread on ignition keys. If you have a grinder with a wire wheel, or if you don't, (you can go to any hardware store) just run the key through a couple of times to take the burrs off. Works almost every time. If this doesn't work,stick the wire wheel up your butt, that will take the burrs off. Good Bye
__________________
Life is not a bitch, it just came with the package. [IMG][/IMG]
Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

Last edited by lectroid : 05-01-2004 at 08:44 AM.
lectroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.