Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #1
delly
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6
Starter Motor on a Renault Espace?

Hi,

Could anyone tell me where I can find the starter motor on a Renault Espace Helios (1993)?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks
delly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:14 AM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by delly
Hi,

Could anyone tell me where I can find the starter motor on a Renault Espace Helios (1993)?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks
It's a very tight fit, doen the back/side of the engine I believe. I have locked one of your threads just now. I'll keep this one open, but I'd like some form of explanation as to this problem's origin (ie; should I lock this one, too? as it seems like you're asking the same question....sort of)
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
delly
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6
Hi Cliffy,

This is a completely different question from my other one.

Don't take it out on me just because you were put in your place by TexTruck on one of my other threads (Battery ... to buy or not to buy???).

Tex obviously knows what he is talking about and I trust him.

I'm a 19 year old girl, on my first car, so a little patience from a 'so-called' more experienced person wouldn't be unreasonable to expect.

And if I want a dose of 'NORRIS' I'll turn on my TV at 7.30 and watch Coronation Street.

Regards,
delly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
TexTruck
CF Newbie
 
TexTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Alberta
Posts: 78
Quote:
Hi Cliffy,

This is a completely different question from my other one.

Don't take it out on me just because you were put in your place by TexTruck on one of my other threads (Battery ... to buy or not to buy???).

Tex obviously knows what he is talking about and I trust him.

I'm a 19 year old girl, on my first car, so a little patience from a 'so-called' more experienced person wouldn't be unreasonable to expect.

And if I want a dose of 'NORRIS' I'll turn on my TV at 7.30 and watch Coronation Street.

Regards,

As much as I appreciate the vote of confidence. Escpecially comming from a young woman such as your self. I may not be as experienced as you think. I only do the car thing as a hobby and it's a rather new hobby. I actually joined this forum for help my self. See my 1995 Cavalier thread. As with any online location your gonna need to sort through alot of garbage to find a little helpful knowledge. As for Cliffy's advice (before my comment and his retort) he WAS offering help and advice based on his interpertation of your post. Say thanks! On to my comment well that was a little self serving as I intentionally pi**ed him off in hopes that I would find a certain someone who frequents thise site and has solid advice! You will find that most people here either are very unwilling to help or very unable so take my advice and take what you can get leave the bickering to those with nutthin better to do!! Again thanks for kind words and as a side note I am a coronation street fan myself!!
TexTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #5
delly
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTruck
As much as I appreciate the vote of confidence. Escpecially comming from a young woman such as your self. I may not be as experienced as you think. I only do the car thing as a hobby and it's a rather new hobby. I actually joined this forum for help my self. See my 1995 Cavalier thread. As with any online location your gonna need to sort through alot of garbage to find a little helpful knowledge. As for Cliffy's advice (before my comment and his retort) he WAS offering help and advice based on his interpertation of your post. Say thanks! On to my comment well that was a little self serving as I intentionally pi**ed him off in hopes that I would find a certain someone who frequents thise site and has solid advice! You will find that most people here either are very unwilling to help or very unable so take my advice and take what you can get leave the bickering to those with nutthin better to do!! Again thanks for kind words and as a side note I am a coronation street fan myself!!

Hi Tex,

It wasn't Cliffys original advice that I was talking about here, but rather his closing my other post and threatening to close this one also.

He gave the impression that I was asking the same question over and over again, when in fact I have only placed three posts! One about the battery, one about the starter motor and a general question. He should have let them run for other people to judge and offer advice instead of just closing them.

Seems I got caught in the crossfire and bickering between you and Cliffy.

On the contrary though, I do find that members of these sites have genuinely tried to help with good advice - on Yahoo answers I got 20 responses in 10 mins!

Anyhow hope you continue to enjoy Corrie!
delly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:55 PM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NE Hampshire, England, UK
Posts: 8,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by delly
Hi Cliffy,

This is a completely different question from my other one.

Don't take it out on me just because you were put in your place by TexTruck on one of my other threads (Battery ... to buy or not to buy???).

Tex obviously knows what he is talking about and I trust him.

I'm a 19 year old girl, on my first car, so a little patience from a 'so-called' more experienced person wouldn't be unreasonable to expect.

And if I want a dose of 'NORRIS' I'll turn on my TV at 7.30 and watch Coronation Street.

Regards,
It's okay, don't mention it. That should be the response I'm giving you now.....I acted on what I have seen from you so far on this forum, which is why I asked you to elabearate on your question here. I didn't ask for a sarcastic reply that tells me nothing. I have no problem with TexTruck either. So, appologies if the following question is completely different to your original question, quoted below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Hi All,

Recently my Renault Espace Helios (1993) won't start.

She had a few dodgy starts recently which happened when I turned the ignition key - my car tried to start but then just cut out. After a couple of attempts (and applying the accelerator pedal) she started.

Since then she has stopped and refuses to start - when I turn the ignition key she is completely silent.


I have tried charging my battery overnight, but this didn't work (I don't think that it is the battery as all lights, wipers, heater, locking system ect. are still working. Also the battery charger's green LED light indicated that my battery is fine).

I have also checked my spark plugs, and they are all clean and in good condition.

I have no idea what it could be, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Hi,

My car (Renault Espace Helios 1993) had a couple of dodgy starts recently, which I foolishly ignored, but now she won't start at all.

I'm not sure if it is the battery as all lights, wipers, ect. are still functioning.

Can anyone tell me if it is likely that lights, windscreen wipers, heater ect. would still work if the battery was too low to power the engine?

I don't really want to buy a new battery if this isn't the problem.

Any help gratefully received and appreciated!

For the record, I don't care that you are female, and I fail to see why you felt the need to inform me. Oh, and you're welcome and I am terribly sorry if I dented your pride by locking one of your threads......

Oh, another quick question. After you have received the advice you need, and taken the car to a garage etc, will you be reeturning and becoming an active member of the forum? Something tells me you'll just disappear. When you become an active and loyal member, you can start telling me how to do my job, until then, I suggest you heed the advice you are given and stop whinging.
__________________


Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 03-29-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:56 PM   #7
jcutsh
CF Enthusiast
 
jcutsh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by delly
Hi,

Could anyone tell me where I can find the starter motor on a Renault Espace Helios (1993)?

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks

HOW TO FIND A STARTER (In four easy steps)

1. Find the battery. (it's the thing that powers the car)
2. Locate the positive terminal. (sometimes labeled +)
3. Follow the big black or red wire on the Positive terminal, until you arrive at a big black round thing.
4. That's the starter. (the big black round thing-a ma-bob).
__________________
John

Robert Benchley (1889-1945) noted, "no matter how well-intended, any reply to a dumba$$ question will inevitably appear smarta$$ed"
jcutsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.