Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2007, 06:28 PM   #1
kristi.amy
CF Newbie

Exotic sports car.

I am taking my driving test next month and if I pass then I want to buy a car. My budget is 1500 max. I live in a very hilly area so it will need good control and it has to be reliable as I can't afford to keep repairing it.
Can anyone suggest a good first car?
Also, can anyone give me a few pointers as to what to look out for?
kristi.amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:19 PM   #2
Cliffy
CF Loafer

I'll move this as you didn't specifically state that you were after a US car, and you also stated you wanted a reliable car, lol. I take it you don't want an "Exotic sports car" then? You ideally want something that's not going to ask you to crash it. Like a Honda Civic for example, lol. Seriously though, Civics are reliable (with your budget in mind, a mid-ninetoes model should be well within reach!) and as such shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg in maintenance etc.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 10-14-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:06 AM   #3
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy
I'll move this as you didn't specifically state that you were after a US car, and you also stated you wanted a reliable car, lol. I take it you don't want an "Exotic sports car" then? You ideally want something that's not going to ask you to crash it. Like a Honda Civic for example, lol. Seriously though, Civics are reliable (with your budget in mind, a mid-ninetoes model should be well within reach!) and as such shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg in maintenance etc.

Ugh, it pisses me off that around here a mid 90's civic will cost you around $6000 for a well used one. We pay too much for our cars...
Old 10-15-2007, 11:54 PM   #4
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
Ugh, it pisses me off that around here a mid 90's civic will cost you around $6000 for a well used one. We pay too much for our cars...
Hang on...Did I read that right? $6,000 for a mid-nineties Civic? In GBP that's equates to just under 3,000 I think, and for that over here in the UK you would get a late nineties Civic with a very low mileage and a full dealer history!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Old 10-15-2007, 11:59 PM   #5
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
Hang on...Did I read that right? $6,000 for a mid-nineties Civic? In GBP that's equates to just under 3,000 I think, and for that over here in the UK you would get a late nineties Civic with a very low mileage and a full dealer history!
Yeah, but you guys have tons of small cars lol...Lately, they've been in high demand here.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
diane.jsmith
CF Newbie

I had a little Suzuki jeep when I had my first car. And this car I can got <Link Removed - For the second time!> You can also simply fill out the Online Form Fill form what you're looking for.
In this side you got information and deals about LUXURY CARS, CLASSIC CARS, SPORTS CARS, SUVS FOR SALE. THOUSANDS OF VEHICLES CATEGORIZED.

Good luck

Last edited by Cliffy : 10-17-2007 at 02:31 PM.
diane.jsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:29 PM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane.jsmith
I had a little Suzuki jeep when I had my first car. And this car I can got <Link Removed> You can also simply fill out the Online Form Fill form what you're looking for.
In this side you got information and deals about LUXURY CARS, CLASSIC CARS, SPORTS CARS, SUVS FOR SALE. THOUSANDS OF VEHICLES CATEGORIZED.

Good luck
Please take note of the rules and regulations here at CF before continuing!

Old 10-17-2007, 03:27 AM   #8
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
Please take note of the rules and regulations here at CF before continuing!

I don't remember, can you delete posts? Cause that would be a lot easier...
Old 10-17-2007, 02:30 PM   #9
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
I don't remember, can you delete posts? Cause that would be a lot easier...
Indeed, but he's going to be banned now because he re-edited his posts and the link I deleted has been magically reinstated....Well, until now that is, lol.