Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
Stevcom
CF Newbie

Smoky Hill Restoration Nightmare

If you have had a bad experience with Smoky Hill Restoration in Granbury, Texas please contact me, Steve Haines at 817-776-4320 as we are putting together a list of current and former unsatisifed customers of Smoky Hill Restoration in Granbury, Texas. With the help of my attorney I was able to get my 69 Chevelle SS out of the possession of Smoky Hill Restoration in December 2007. What I went through during the almost two years the car was at Smoky Hill Restoration was one of the very worst business experiences of my life, and having been in business for myself for over 30 years I have seen a lot. We are now in the process of filing several law suits within the next few days to try and recover the original parts that Smoky Hill Restoration refused to return to me when we picked up the car in December. Unfortunately, it appears that Smoky Hill Restoration sold or did something with most of my original parts needed to complete the restoration during the time the car was there.
:
Stevcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:44 AM   #2
corbett_auto
CF Addict

It is stories like this that give restoration shops in general a bad reputation. All shops are not like this... I hope everything works out for you in the end.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #3
Stevcom
CF Newbie

Smoky Hill Restoration Update

Smoky Hill Restoration has updated their web site recently, www.smokyhillrestoration.com, among the many changes, they removed my car and have stopped promoting it as a project. This is probably a result of the law suit we filed asking that they be prohibited from using any of the images of my car to promote their work. Another change is that they have removed their e-mail contact address from the sites contact page.

The e-mail address for the shop is info@smokyhillrestoration.com

Smoky Hill Restoration believes (like many others I assume) that you can do just about anything and get away with it. That there is an endless supply of people waiting to take advantage of your services and that adverse information published on the Internet or in other formats will not be read and or have any negative effect on your business. Certainly not to the extent that it would warrant addressing the problems you create and trying to rectify them.

I realize there are two sides to every story (my wife and I raised two kids and nothing will give you a clearer understanding of that statement) but when you are wrong I guess it is hard to explain your side of the story. Smoky Hill Restoration took advantage of the trust that I placed in them and does not care to explain their side of the story or, if I am telling the truth, do anything about what they did to me. I just want others to know and understand what I went through and, if they desire, ask Smoky Hill Restoration for their side of the story. I for one would like to know how they could justify what they put me through emotionaly and financially.

Steve Haines
steve@sales-r-up.com
817-776-4320
Granbury, Texas
Stevcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
nighthawk
Part Time Active User

you came to the wrong place, but sorry to hear about whatever happened...

"There is a big difference between being fast and powerful and just being loud and annoying."
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote