Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2008, 02:15 AM   #1
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

who thinks...

This forum is kind of getting dull (no offense) THis forum would be alot better if we would have more people register to this site.

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature
DARKtEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 02:39 AM   #2
dvdrose18
CF's resident Nurse

some times I think, but not often
anyway, this forum can be quite slow every now and then, but other times it gets reasonable traffic. More knowledgeable regulars would be nice, as well as people that are regular posters, but unless you have any brilliant ideas, I don't think it will change any time soon. Maybe if everyone disappeared for a while UFF would stop getting his check in the mail, and realize this place could use a booster shot. Since What was banned, this place has been more civil, but not before we lost a few regulars. The only way we can do anything to make this place grow any is to spread the word, but most people that want a forum have a forum specific to their vehicles.
Old 03-16-2008, 04:20 AM   #3
DARKtEAGLE
CF Addict

iv tried and tried to spread the word. they come to this site but never register

92% of teens moved on to rap music.
If you're part of the 8% that rock out everyday, put this in your signature
DARKtEAGLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 04:39 AM   #4
chris_knows
๑۩۞

It just happens sometimes...There's other threads like this one but I can't find any now. Lately though, it seems like more members have left than are joining.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #5
Cliffy
CF Loafer

This has been said numerous times before, but there's nothing anyone can do other than to keep the threads coming...

An active Admin would help, also...

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:01 PM   #6
jedimario
Mr. Hot Wheels

Duh huh huh, ya think?

UNBAN WHAT
BAN BAV
jedimario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #7
faing
Banned

who thinks

It appears that moderating team deletes members post without warning or explaining to them why they have deleted. It is bad moderatorship.

I have also some grievances to speak about. But who to tell, where to go. . .?
faing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:55 PM   #8
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by faing
It appears that moderating team deletes members post without warning or explaining to them why they have deleted. It is bad moderatorship.

Chances are that you posted blatent advertising or similar. I for one used to simply delete the offending link (if applicable) and post a warning. I've given up on that now, seeing as members rarely return anyway. It might be worth noting that if your name was forwarded to an Admin type person by me (which I don't do too often unless absollutely necessary), you would have been banned immediately. Try reading the rules that are in my sig if you would like clarification on anything. Or drop me a PM, as reviving a thread that's not relevent to your querie is bad membership....

For information, I have copy/pasted a section of our rules here at CF, which you should find interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF Rules
The advertising of your website or Forums is strictly prohibited and will not be tolorated, take note that if a thread is discovered to contain any evidence of advertising, said advert will be removed without notice, however innocent it appears. If you are simply wishing to display infomation which is contained within a website which may be classed as an advertisment, ie; if a forum is contained in it, please copy/paste the information to your post. If you are unsure if a website you wish to display falls in the advertising catagory, feel free to PM any Moderator who will be glad to help. If you are wanting to advertise on behalf of a comapny or business, please contact the adminstrator (unfedfat) via PM or email and he will inform you appropriatelly.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 06-14-2009 at 05:58 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:22 PM   #9
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by faing

You are re-banned.

Having watched the sign-ups on here for the past couple of years, I've noticed hundreds of "bot" sign-ups with the same information...this is just one "person" among those.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:49 PM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Face it. There's two things this forum needs immediately to make it worth a sh*t again... Me and Twhat. Unfortunately, we've both been chased off for different reasons and in different ways. The loss is all yours.

Like it or not, this forum started going down the toilet at the same time I quit being a regular poster. Check the stats. That's more than just a coincidence, it's a fact. I have drawing power wherever I go. I'm a SUPERSTAR!

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:10 AM   #11
Satty101
CF's L body Freak

Uh huh...Whatever you think...

1999 Chevrolet Camaro SS (PC'd)
1994 Chevrolet Beretta Z26 Q4 (W41 M90'd)
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 (4WD)

My wife's cars:

1971 Dodge Charger SE (stock and original 383 auto)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX (kid-hauler)
Satty101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #12
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty101
Uh huh...Whatever you think...
Wow. Another typically well considered and articulated response from the forum's number one heavy thinker.

Look in the mirror Twinkie. You're a large part of the problem. 99% of what's wrong with this forum is the fact that you have an essentially completely inactive administrator, and more importantly moderators that to a large extent have nothing to do with their time (as far as this forum goes). Instead of doing something to improve or energize the membership, they're (you're) only interested flaunting their power and harassing people who don't think or act exactly the way you want them to. It's sad really.

Some day when you and one other moderator grow up and become a big boys, you'll figure out that less regulation and therefore more freedom is always more conducive to open exchange of thoughts and enjoyment, which is really the point of a forum like this. You clowns have built and reinforced your little fiefdom to the point that youíve chased away most of the good and regular members, so now you donít even have anyone left to push around. Surprise! As for how Bav has apparently changed (based on what Iíve briefly read) and the other guy who must not be around, I donít have enough information to form an opinion.

So now you can go ahead and display your manlinessÖ Delete or edit this post, ban me, come up with another of your intellectually stimulating three word replies. I donít really care. You can ignore me, you can even silence me, but you canít change the fact that the cause of the majority of problem(s) with this forum sits squarely on the shoulders of the moderation ďteamĒ. Are you man enough to do something about it?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote