Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > European Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

brought home my wife's new birthday present this weekend (big pics)

'01 Range Rover 4.6 HSE. This was a $70k+ truck just 65k miles ago, but they are nearly giving them away these days. Paid just over $10k for it, with 2 years left on the extended warranty. Black with lightstone tan interior. Drives perfect, and so far everything works... hehehehe. This will be our thrid range rover, fist being an '88 Classic, second was a '95 Classic LWB (in the pictures below, when we were transferring things from the old to the new).

I flew up to Long Island, NY to pick it up, and drove home. It was amusing to get directions through NY from a proper British butler on the nav system!

Anyhow, this will be used mostly for towing our travel tralier, like the old one was, as well as light offroad duty, and the occasional commute when I don't want to take the BMW.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #2
giant016
My mom says I'm cool

Holyshitballs that seems like a helluva deal for a little over 10K! Rebuilt/salvage title or clean?

giant016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:50 AM   #3
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016
Holyshitballs that seems like a helluva deal for a little over 10K! Rebuilt/salvage title or clean?
I wouldnt think so. The economy is doing pretty poorly right now and since gas prices are so high, dealers are literally giving SUVs away. At the auctions, Envoys that used to sell for 10k are now barely breaking 6 just for a comparison. Meantime, Mini Coopers are selling wholesale for more than the Mini website has them as new (keep in mind that dealers are also marking them up like no tomorrow and there are still waitlists for them).
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:17 AM   #4
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by giant016

Clean, two owner, with warranty. Just like newyorker says, the fuel prices are driving the SUV prices into the toilet. Great for us who are buying them at the bottom, but sucks to be the original or even second owner trying to unload them.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 08-12-2008, 06:41 PM   #5
newyorker
MXman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Clean, two owner, with warranty. Just like newyorker says, the fuel prices are driving the SUV prices into the toilet. Great for us who are buying them at the bottom, but sucks to be the original or even second owner trying to unload them.
Yep yep. Congrats on the purchase BTW, Range Rovers are awesome SUVs, and I hear they can actually go off-road as well, unlike all of the new "SUVs" for soccer dads who wont drive a van haha.

BTW if you want to see depreciation at its best, look at the Chrysler Crossfire. They were what, 40k new?? Now I see them barely breaking 20k, that is for the non-SRT version.

You keeping the other Range or what??
04 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373/4000: IHI, BBS, Harddog, Flyin'Miata.

newyorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker
Yep yep. Congrats on the purchase BTW, Range Rovers are awesome SUVs, and I hear they can actually go off-road as well, unlike all of the new "SUVs" for soccer dads who wont drive a van haha.

Yeah, even the new Sports, with 20" wheels (which aren't the best for offroading) will still run rings around most SUVs offroad. I've got a lot of videos of them doing some serious river wading, mud bogging, and rock climbing.

Quote:
You keeping the other Range or what??

Unfortunately, no. Too many cars in the driveway. But it's paid off, and I'd like to see it stick around as long as possible, though if it isn't used, it'll probably be a bad thing. So I'll probably try to sell it to someone who will enjoy it offroad as much as we have.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 08-12-2008, 11:52 PM   #7
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Nice buy there Chris! Judging by the price you paid for the Rangie I'm guessing it's the same over there as it is here. There's never been a better time to buy a used car here in the UK, even more so with larger cars and SUVs. As has been said, due to the cost of running large cars now, you really can get a bargain quite easily. I'm dreading selling even my 2.0-litre Citroen, mainly in fear that nobody will wat one with the iminent tax hike and the ever increasing fuel prices! (around 1.15 a litre now....that's the lowest it's been over past weeks due to a price war, lol). I so can't wait to get my little 1.0-litre Deawoo Matiz, lol....What is it you guys say? econobox?

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote