98 malibu 3.1L v6
I have a couple of issues with my malibu:
1) the first 2 fan settings do not work at all,
2) the fresh air button stays on and will not switch to the recirculate,
3) a/c button doesnt always work
I have read that you need to clean and re-graphite the contact points within the relay underneath the glove box, havn't done it but i wanted to see if anyone has or has another solution.
4) the other problem i have with this car is the lack of running power, the lights and stuff dim when hitting the brake, defrost, fan, etc. I havnt checked the test points for the alternator because i forget where they are but i do know the battery is top of the line.
5) the 3 vacuum lines on the drivers side of the engine have snapped in the lovely -38 weather recently, i did my best to tarp off the wind and tape them back together but you know what heat & cold does with tape.
the PCV valve tube is one of them, the other 2 are very close together right around the pcv line, one is white and connects to the front of the block and the other is black and is tied into a massive harness on the rear drivers side of the engine, these 2 are very small (1/4 inch or under in diameter)
the white one i have replaced by jimmy rigging from another car but on the other car this line was attached to the top of engine(the piece stamped 3100 v6) on the passengers side, on my malibu that spout had a plug on it, i didnt think much of it and put it together the way the other engine was, didnt seem to make a difference aside from running better.
The engine i was taking these lins out of was a 3.1L v6 from a lumina from the mid 90's.
partsource recommended the dealer for the parts becuase i cant find anyone who has these 3 lines, unfortunately if GM thought of quality not quantity maybe they would be aluminum and this would NEVER HAPPEN cheap bastards, instead they go with hard plastic
If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!
Dreaming of a place where people have skill driving...