Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2009, 02:39 AM   #1
mjbiv
CF Newbie

1992 honda accord....extreme low idle..stalling

As I come to a stop, the idle/rpms bottom out and the car stalls. It'll start right back up. I've givin it a tune up recently....new wires, plugs, pcv, cap and rotor.... Since this problem stated, the fuel filter has also been replaced and the IACV. I am stumped at this point as the problem still occurs. Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanx!
mjbiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:52 AM   #2
corbett_auto
CF Addict

During the repairs a vacuum line could have been damaged or come loose. Check for vacuum leaks.

How long has this been going on?
Old 06-18-2009, 03:02 AM   #3
mjbiv
CF Newbie

It has been going on for a few weeks and basically rendered the car undriveable. It's my wife's car so she can't handle it when it stalls---just not safe. I can handle it, because I can slap it up to neutral, restart and go. It still sux though.

As far a vacuum lines go, how many are there? Should I get a manual? I am pretty good with cars, but vacuum lines I've never really dealt with.

It has definitely improved with the new IACV and not stalling nearly as much, but the rpms are still oh so low when stopping.

I appreciate your help. I don't want to take it anywhere because by the time they diagnosis and go over everything I have already went over, the labor bill might be huge before a broken part is even found.

Thanks for such a quick reply!
mjbiv is offline   Reply With Quote