Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
chris_knows
๑۩۞

I Have Swine Flu?

So I've been feeling sick for the last few days and went to the doctor this afternoon to see if he could give me something to make me feel better. The nurse came in, took my temperature, then the doctor came in and asked me if I had chills, fever, sore throat, and a headache. I said "I think just fever and a sore throat, and he said "Well, I'm not going to look at you, but you might have swine flu". He wrote me up some prescription and now I have to stay home for 5 days so I don't spread it. Is this the worst doctor in the world or is this perfectly normal? lol
Old 08-24-2009, 04:15 AM   #2
99integra
CF's Florida boy

haha he just didn't want to ***k with you and get it.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #3
fudge
let's fighting love

Gives you a good reason to lock yourself up and spend the next few days with the Xbox...
Old 08-25-2009, 03:12 AM   #4
dvdrose18
CF's resident Nurse

simply put, by the time the results of the tests came back to say whether you do or don't have swine flu, you would have either gotten over it or died from it. if your symptoms aren't to severe and you are otherwise healthy, it is easier to give you antiviral medication and send you on your way. Either way, it costs the taxpayers less, with socialized medicine and all...
rest, drink plenty of fluids and electrolytes, practice good hygiene, and feel better soon
Old 08-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #5
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Yeah, def didn't listen to him. I had an exam yesterday and really didn't feel like skipping it and writing the make-up exam God knows when.

And there's no way I could stay home for 5 days. I tried playing video games yesterday and only the old school Forza and Counter Strike could keep my attention for more than 5 mins.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
Cliffy
CF Loafer

In the UK we're not allowed to go to the Doctor if we have any symptoms of Swine Flu. I think I had it (albeit a very mild strain) a couple of monthgs ago, it was the day after a party (admitedly there were a few pigs there, lol) and the wife said it was a hang over....A week later she had it. Funny, I didn't know you could catch a hang over, lol. They just gave her the free prescription...I sweat it out without anything as by the time I thought I might have had it I only really had a blocked nose.

Bottom line is, the Doc won't see you, they'll just prescribe drugs...Even if you do only have a common cold.

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote