Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2003, 10:25 AM   #1
j to tha luu

AMERICAN MUSCLE vs EUROPEAN IMPORTS

always love this subject, and i wanna know what people think. gimme a good reason to go either way.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:46 PM   #2
daytonashelby

hmm

dodge viper vs. ferrari 575M
pontiac trans am vs. BMW M3
much more...

The Euro's are always much more refined than the american rides, yet cost sometimes significantly more. American cars seem to offer just as much performance for less money, yet don't have the luxury and cushyness that the euro's have. American cars can go faster (sometimes) in a straight line, yet the euro's can almost always carve the twisties.I could go either way.
Old 02-02-2003, 03:49 PM   #3
57ock
CF Addict

American / Australian cars normally have question marks over build quality. They have a habit of developing rattles and other minor faults.

But you get what you pay for
Old 02-19-2003, 09:00 PM   #4
2k3SVTCobra
CF Newbie

Besides, support our economy!
Custom CAI
Flowmaster 2-chambers
2k3SVTCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 05:15 PM   #5
ab99

European cas!!!!!!!!!!1

European cars are by far better. Its unreal for an individual to buy a Chevy Corvette over a Ferrari 360 Spider. Its the stupidest thing one can do. Europeans offer more technology, luxury, prestige and most of all fun to drive.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:00 PM   #6
2k3SVTCobra
CF Newbie

I think that you get more bang for the buck with domestic cars. Reliability goes either way. I've had european cars that were real lemons and on top of that, they were expensive to fix. On the other hand, I've had American cars that were flawless. It also depends on what you are looking for. If you want a muscle car, then go American. If you want presteige, then go Euro. If you want dependability, then go Asian. All I know is that I have tons of fun with my American muscle and constantly put Euro cars twice the price of my car to shame in a straight line AND in the twisties. In an ideal world, I'd have my 03 Cobra in one garage and an M5 in the other. It's not and I dont have the $$ to do it so I opted for the most bang for the buck.
Custom CAI
Flowmaster 2-chambers
Old 02-19-2003, 06:07 PM   #7
GoOsEmAn

i could go either way.
If i could get a viper or a ferreri for free i would get the ferreri but if i had to pay i would get the viper.
but ive i could get a focus or a golf i would probly get the golf.
So it depends what you are looking for and how much money you have so once again ill say it...
i can go either way..
Old 02-22-2003, 04:48 AM   #8
ab99

i just dont think that comparing a ferrari to a dodge is realistic. anyways, if you're willing to pay 60-70K for a Viper, might as well get like a Porsche Boxter S or like BMW M5.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:10 PM   #9
2k3SVTCobra
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab99
i just dont think that comparing a ferrari to a dodge is realistic. anyways, if you're willing to pay 60-70K for a Viper, might as well get like a Porsche Boxter S or like BMW M5.

Boxter and M5 are both very nice cars but there's something about feeling like king of the road in a viper. A boxter or M5 are slow by comparison. Practicality is another issue in which case, the M5 reins supreme.
Custom CAI
Flowmaster 2-chambers
Old 03-05-2003, 02:14 AM   #10
Aten

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ock
. They have a habit of developing rattles and other minor faults.

Yes, imports have enough sound proofing to not be able to hear the rattles lol jk

I would rather have the domestic first, then eat my candy later if I can

I like working on cars that I can work on, and not have to take a specialized college course just to change the spark plugs lol. Besides, as far as tinkering with vehicles there is so much more oppurtunity with domestic, yes there is quite a bit for import but not as much as domestic. You never see blowers or chargers on rice burners(except for that nissan truck), I like the looks of muscle cars when I think about racing or doing quarter miles, when I think of a good ride and luxury I think of lincolns and caddies, my 79 lincoln rides like a dream, and looks ****in pimp.

Besides, unless youve got the money to spend it sucks to have to pay 500 dollars for an oxygen sensor or something on your beemer, too expensive for a poor white kid lol.

I also like the thought of supporting my economy, I think its sad that a foreign car can be the best selling ANYTHING in this country. Especially the way the economy is going, its a shame. but one thing is true, ****ing prices of cars these day are pathetic, you shouldnt have to take out a loan to buy a vehicle, but it happens because companies want to make billions instead of millions.
Old 07-05-2003, 11:13 PM   #11
Pakus_Ferrari

In my opinion the European cars are better than the Americans in all
the categories, except for one or two exceptions. In addition the
European cars contribute technology, engine types, power and less consumption, but mainly style and more beautiful lines, and in the highest scales they are authentic wonders of art. It is another style more refined that the americans or asiatics. Lexus is even an imitation of Mercedes and other European cars but mainly destined by Toyota for the American market. In Europe Lexus it has very little market.

And another additional advantage is the incredible variety and amount
of manufacturers, marks and beautiful styles that include all the
sectors of the market and the pocket. One of the lasts wonders: Bugatti Veyron. Style, design and power.

Sorry, my english is very bad. :?
Old 07-06-2003, 09:14 PM   #12
Widowmaker2k
CF Enthusiast

It depends on how much you are willing to spend. A Corvette Z06 will beat a Boxster S or even a couple year old Porsche 911 Turbo on a road coarse, but the Lambo's and Ferrari's will beat the 'vette hands down. The Viper is a nice car, but for the $100,000 area, go for the Ford GT. If you're willing to spend $200,000+ go with the Saleen S7 or the Mosler MT900S.
Widowmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 09:12 PM   #13
66novashova
CF Newbie

ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k
but the Lambo's and Ferrari's will beat the 'vette hands down.

01 vette tigershark...
66novashova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 02:15 PM   #14
codescodes
CF Newbie

As nice and luxury as european cars are you just can't beat the sheer style and class of an american muscle car. Just think which mercedes benz E-300 or a dodge viper? The competition is futile for the mercedes.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:17 PM   #15
codescodes
CF Newbie

And on top of that the noise a muscle car makes is a must.