Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2004, 09:10 AM   #1
428CJ
CF Newbie

Red face HELP: Finding a Classic car

Hi, as you can see, I am new to the forums...I was searching the web trying to find a good classic car forum...This is not a totally classic car dedicated forum, but it'll do!

Ok heres the deal, I have this new project..I want to find this old car. It's very similar to a Ford Torino. It's actually called a 1970 1/2 Falcon Sedan 2Dr. Anyways, if i can find one it will be pretty cheap. I want to find one that is close by..Like here in Indy. So how do you go about finding one of these cars? I know there should be one sitting in the back of someones house or something like that. Anyways where to you look?

Has anyone here done a real search for a classic car? Where do I find out about doign a search?

I'm looking for something like this:

This one is for 2000 but actually runs and the body is in excellent shape.

SO basically I need help on how to actually search for an old car...

Oh and I have all summer to look for something, so...I gots the time, I just need to know the tricks of the trade.

BTW, Hi ChrisV I noticed you in another thread! good to see a fellow C&Der!
428CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 01:05 PM   #2
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CJ
Hi, as you can see, I am new to the forums...I was searching the web trying to find a good classic car forum...This is not a totally classic car dedicated forum, but it'll do!

Ok heres the deal, I have this new project..I want to find this old car. It's very similar to a Ford Torino. It's actually called a 1970 1/2 Falcon Sedan 2Dr. Anyways, if i can find one it will be pretty cheap. I want to find one that is close by..Like here in Indy. So how do you go about finding one of these cars? I know there should be one sitting in the back of someones house or something like that. Anyways where to you look?

Has anyone here done a real search for a classic car? Where do I find out about doign a search?

I'm looking for something like this:

This one is for 2000 but actually runs and the body is in excellent shape.

SO basically I need help on how to actually search for an old car...

Oh and I have all summer to look for something, so...I gots the time, I just need to know the tricks of the trade.

BTW, Hi ChrisV I noticed you in another thread! good to see a fellow C&Der!

Well you can start out by finding who has one regisitered in your area,go yo your local lisencing office and they might be able to help you out.

Next thing to do is to find your local clasic car club they ussally have an idea of whats lieing around where, some times one of there members might even have what your looking for.

Look on ebay, local clasifieds, classic car mags, all have listings of cars, but you might have to travel a bit.

Go to a big show and speek to the owners club they have alot of useful info on the cars.

any more for any more?
cinqyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2004, 07:13 AM   #3
FastasSin
CF Newbie

I would suggest going to www.google.com and doing a search for "car trader" or something similar. It will show you sites of auto traders and such, and most of them allow you to search for a car within a certain distance.
FastasSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:10 AM   #4
mischa
CF Newbie

If www.craigslist.org is in your area, check there. it's 100% the absolute best way to search for a car.
explore the site, learn about craig. it's a good story in itself.

-mischa.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:22 PM   #5
351ci-mustang
CF Newbie

my friends dad has one of those in his driveway. (brokedown) but thats all the way in north carolina...
351ci-mustang is offline   Reply With Quote