Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 12:49 AM   #1
cinqyg
CF Freak

The rise of Bav's dictatorship

I agree with the majority of the actions that have been taken by Bav in relation to changing the language etc, however, i would still like to say things like the law is an arse, which when it comes to motoring then it oftern is.

We dint have a poll on any of these ideas and so there doesnt seem to be any democracy within these policy changes.

There are currently no defined guidelines or rules for bav or ourselves in to what we can and cannot post in terms of links, this needs to be debated and voted on.

I acept that the host should have a considerble say in this however i am sure that he also understands that the point of the forum is for the enjoyment of its members and therefore should be representative as such.

There are alot of repeted topics on here, we cover the same gorund again and again. There seems to be a central core around operations in the USA and many of the american members do not participate with discutions which seems some what selfish.

As such do we want to split the forum or try and intergrate the views more.

Yes i think we all like the intro, but in some cases its almost like our ouwn form of snobery by not answering questions until people have introed them selves.

All you guys please comment! If you get bored read the go kart thred
Old 06-24-2004, 01:14 AM   #2
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

I don't know if to take offense to the title or laugh. I'll laugh hoping that's what it is.

Lately I've been the only one actively mod'ing this site. It's probably due to my work is online and so I have more "time" right now to do so. Whatever the case, I'm sure it has some play on why you think I'm a dictator. Hardly the case. Unfedfat normally gets a heads up when I ask about something and I look for his approval prior to making a move.

I agree that this site should follow the wants and needs of the membership at large, but neither one of us (me included) have no say in the matter ultimately. I only serve as a volunteer moderator and gain nothing from it.

There are plenty of guidelines of what you can and cannot post. If you want detailed rules, then you don't know what you are asking for and going against the exact thing that you are wanting...that being more freedom.

As far as the intros go...I like the idea of a noob coming in and saying, "Hello, my name is so and so, I'm from..." It just seem right to me. However, If you've noticed the ignoring or mentioning to do so before hand has come to a stop from me in the past month or two...maybe longer. Intros are certainly welcome and looked upon as a positive. You can choose to answer a question from the first post or not. You will not be reprimanded (at least not by me) for doing so.

I think I've been more than accommodating in the Go Karts Thread starting at post No. 9 - and concede to a mistake pending Unfedfat's decision. Again, the advertising thing is not my rule (one I like for sure) but it was my call on that one. I just saw it different. There is no reprimand for questioning my call.

Now...to suggest I'm trying to run this place by the title of this thread, is ludicrous. I can't even if I wanted to. I'm not the only mod here in the absence of admin.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
Old 06-24-2004, 02:43 PM   #3
DodgeRida67
Banned

I think we should do away with the INTRODUCE YOURSELF NOW FOOL thing. It's rude, stupid, and only runs people off. If they don't want to introduce themselves, don't mention it to them. I think the only reason you people push the introduce yourself thing is to become post whores in the introduce yourself section. Don't even try to deny that.

If UFF wants to make it a rule to introduce yourself if your a n00b, he should whip up a code right quick that makes a newbie have to introduce themselves on their first post. Otherwise running people off by being an ass needs to stop.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:39 PM   #4
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Well said dodge I agree with you. But I suggest letting it be an option to introduce your self or not.. Its our own privacy.. And just because people dosnt want to introduce them selves that dosnt give a good reason why they shouldnít be help. This is their privacy.. I even think the word "newbie" is very offensive.. I suggest we drop that word and stop calling the "newcommers" that. Theres allot of so called "newbies" out there but that is what the forum is for.. To learn and get more knowledge about vehicles.. This is a car forum am I correct? I've also been noticing a lot of threads where "newbies" would post a thread and people (which I am not going to name call) would often say "I suggest you post or you will not get any help here" thatís some rude awakening if you ask me. I suggest we drop that whole act and just let it be if new commers donít want to introduce them selves.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:11 PM   #5
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Ok folks! I am an American and I love the fact that I can say whatever I wish and all, but wat Bav is doing is his (or her... sorry) job. Bav was put into a position of Moderator to help us all have fun in a safe and secure area so we all could learn and grow... etc. You all are not allowing him/ her to his/ her job. Folks I think that if you cant live with this then you need to just... learn to deal with it... I was put on probation because of things that I said and did on this forum. The, late, moderator vwhobo put me on probation and later took me off of it, but I know and still believe that wat he did was the right thing to have done. It is a written, and partially unwritten rule that introducing oneself is a rule in order to recieve help on CF. The deletion of text by Bav is something that he has the authority to do and thus I support.

NorCalWM, the person that was "outraged" so to speak to have his text deleted who says he is a mod does not know what it means to mod. Bav was doing the job given to him/ her. NorCalWM also said that those were his/ her "suggestions". I have one thing to say to that. That is the largest load of... falseness... that I have ever seen. He did that to advertise which is a violation of the rules here.

Bav is not a dictator, and this place is a Republic. Not a democracy. UFF is the President, and so he can choose his Vice Presidents (Mods) to his choosing. You all need to settle down.

This are my opinions... sorry if I make anyone angry, but yall already are...

Old 06-24-2004, 09:40 PM   #6
cinqyg
CF Freak

We have never debated it before, not once has the sytem what this place has been run by been talked about.

So has UFF come up with guidelines on what in terms of links we can and cannot post, is a technical link a technical link if its to another forum??
Old 06-24-2004, 09:48 PM   #7
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
Ok folks! I am an American and I love the fact that I can say whatever I wish and all, but wat Bav is doing is his (or her... sorry) job. Bav was put into a position of Moderator to help us all have fun in a safe and secure area so we all could learn and grow... etc. You all are not allowing him/ her to his/ her job. Folks I think that if you cant live with this then you need to just... learn to deal with it... I was put on probation because of things that I said and did on this forum. The, late, moderator vwhobo put me on probation and later took me off of it, but I know and still believe that wat he did was the right thing to have done. It is a written, and partially unwritten rule that introducing oneself is a rule in order to recieve help on CF. The deletion of text by Bav is something that he has the authority to do and thus I support.

NorCalWM, the person that was "outraged" so to speak to have his text deleted who says he is a mod does not know what it means to mod. Bav was doing the job given to him/ her. NorCalWM also said that those were his/ her "suggestions". I have one thing to say to that. That is the largest load of... falseness... that I have ever seen. He did that to advertise which is a violation of the rules here.

Bav is not a dictator, and this place is a Republic. Not a democracy. UFF is the President, and so he can choose his Vice Presidents (Mods) to his choosing. You all need to settle down.

This are my opinions... sorry if I make anyone angry, but yall already are...

well, im not against bav.. i understand he was doing his job.. and i do give him a for basicly being the "ONLY" mod in here that is active... but i am just making a statment about this introduction thing which is not against bav but against those people who do treat "newbies" like that.. maybe to you guys an introduction is a "MUST" and is very important.. but i dont think its that important, i think its just rude how people could say "make an introduction our you will not get any help in here etc."
And also bout the advertising.. i think its a lil over bored. it is gettin out of hand.. just like dodge said in the "kart" forums, giving links that is helpfull concerning the topic on the thread should be allowed, and advertising such ass "COME VISIT OUR FORUM, OR WEBPAGE, ETC" shouldnt be allowed.. thats is all i have to say.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:01 AM   #8
DodgeRida67
Banned

Oh no - Hitler is at it again.....
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (91.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 06-25-2004, 01:06 AM   #9
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67

oh O!

haha
Old 06-25-2004, 01:06 AM   #10
cinqyg
CF Freak

Quote:

hes more of a stalin/cromwell, hitler allowed people to have fun.

may be hes against people with weight problems
Old 06-25-2004, 01:08 AM   #11
WeaponR
CF Weapon Type R

Bav, just a question but how old are you?
Old 06-25-2004, 10:39 PM   #12
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Dude compareing someone to Hitler is not funny at all.

Closed Thread