Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2004, 07:19 AM   #1
jzxTT
CF Addict

Need For SpeeD

Im a video game fanatic, I have an x-box. I am currently on house arrest so I play a lot. For all the need for speed underground fans, the makers have just released info on need for speed underground 2! click here for more info. You guys even like the 1rst onE. The only thing I didnt like was the selection of cars> There were allright cars but they needed more. They made a drifting game with no S14 .wtf. And no 3000gt or 300zx, but supra and skyline...... They swear like its the fastest car in the world, its the last car you get, The rx-7 smokes the skyline and you get that waaay before a skyline but w/e . I'd like to see a sh!t load of cars in the second one like 3kGT, Z32, r33, r32, civic hatch (new and old), G2 teggy , trueno¿, any other year supra, mr2.... you get the picture pretty much any car thats worth modding. agree?

Last edited by jzxTT : 07-06-2004 at 07:24 AM.
jzxTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 07:24 AM   #2
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

Yeah, i liked the first game. But they made the game feel too "street-racy." Completely trashed the reality of racing. And soo much ricing in that game. And alot of it was inaccurate, a skyline drifting?!!?!?! But the second ones looks more promising, the Evo is finally included, and its not just included looks like it's their flagship car for this game. And the drifting is way more accurate now. Instead of a parking lot its in actual courses.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 07:31 AM   #3
jzxTT
CF Addict

Ya the 1rst one was too ricey, and how come when you get weight reduction its 3 different choices of the same damn thing.... sparco?? LoL, the first one was a bit rushed, not every street race is riced out with altezza's and 5ft. whale tales, All opponents in the game had vinyls n sheet, there was no sleepers. And the graphics werent that great. I sure hope that 2 is better. better as in more complex.
Old 07-06-2004, 08:19 AM   #4
Inygknok
El del Supra

the music ownd though. i only got amused by the game by modifying the looks of the cars and seeing how bad i could flip the car in the drag races.

i call Underground NFS's way of selling out 2F2F style. ive played ALL of their games and let me tell ya, Underground just isnt their style. its so much different from all their other games that it really ruined my respect for those guys. the game itself is fun for a while, but yea, it lacks realism.

i had read about the second version a few months back, and i hope those guys get their act together.

but i sure hope they bring even better music cuz the first one did a great job at amusing me

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:47 AM   #5
mazda6man
im JDM TITE YO!

the only thing i liked about the game was the drifting... apart from that, it wassnt to much of a hoot... ITS SO RICY!!!
My rides = 1992 Cressida aka "the Cressy"
1985 Cressida aka "pain in my asshole"

mazda6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:10 AM   #6
jzxTT
CF Addict

Supposedly in 2 you dont have to do races that you dont want to like stupid ass elimination races, so you just go around and drag the whole game, or drift. I thought there should be drift racing unstead of drifting in a parking lot by yourself.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:42 PM   #7
allroundcarguy2
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerith
Yeah, i liked the first game. But they made the game feel too "street-racy." Completely trashed the reality of racing. And soo much ricing in that game. And alot of it was inaccurate, a skyline drifting?!!?!?! But the second ones looks more promising, the Evo is finally included, and its not just included looks like it's their flagship car for this game. And the drifting is way more accurate now. Instead of a parking lot its in actual courses.

I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but if u take a look at July (maybe) Motor Trend, u'll see a pic of a RWD 4 door Skyline drifting. I juss wanna point that out cuz, u said it was inaccurate. Sure, silvias and toyota AE86s look more at home than a skyline, in my opinion, but, then again, it's what i think. However, i completely agree with you on that "trashed the reality of racing" remark, and also, I never thought any Honda Civic would put a fully modded-out skyline on the trailer, and same with the lancer es. This was really screwed up, and seeing a Hyaundai blowing a 350Z off the highway is retarted. My brotha beat the whole thing with a goddamn civic, and beating a supra with a civic, isn't exactly wat i call "racing sim."

Last edited by allroundcarguy2 : 07-07-2004 at 06:47 PM.
allroundcarguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:39 PM   #8
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by allroundcarguy2
I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but if u take a look at July (maybe) Motor Trend, u'll see a pic of a RWD 4 door Skyline drifting. I juss wanna point that out cuz, u said it was inaccurate. Sure, silvias and toyota AE86s look more at home than a skyline, in my opinion, but, then again, it's what i think. However, i completely agree with you on that "trashed the reality of racing" remark, and also, I never thought any Honda Civic would put a fully modded-out skyline on the trailer, and same with the lancer es. This was really screwed up, and seeing a Hyaundai blowing a 350Z off the highway is retarted. My brotha beat the whole thing with a goddamn civic, and beating a supra with a civic, isn't exactly wat i call "racing sim."

about the 4-door skyline, that model does not come with an AWD feature. also, the 2-door version is called the GTS-T which is also just RWD. its true that the r-32's n 34's can be turned into rwd only with taking out a fuse, n the r-33 with removing the front driveshaft, but nowhere in the game u see a feature of "turn off the attesa system". do u? :P

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 11:15 PM   #9
Voda48
CF Lance Fan

You can always download more cars off the internet if you have the game for PC
Old 07-07-2004, 11:22 PM   #10
jzxTT
CF Addict

daaaam SRS still aint out.... sheesh , any info on SRS?
Old 07-08-2004, 07:19 AM   #11
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by allroundcarguy2
I don't mean to insult your intelligence, but if u take a look at July (maybe) Motor Trend, u'll see a pic of a RWD 4 door Skyline drifting. I juss wanna point that out cuz, u said it was inaccurate.

Yeah, you can turn pretty much any AWD car into a RWD and drift it. I've seen it done to many of STi's.

You people seem to be expecting to much from such a game thats only meant to live up to an expectation of the movies that proceeded it. They will never be 100% realistic, because even if they were people would still bitch. Sure the game is a crazily off key, but its meant to be fun. Not to be 100% accurate, thats why its a video game. If you want realism get your ass behind the wheel of a real car, don't expect it from a game meant to be fun.

I don't see anything wrong with the game, its ricey, but thats the point. Its meant to be as flashy as possible. The car selection could be bigger, but they give you what they give you. The real racing game coming out is the the Gran Turismo. Screw underground, I'll be at BestBuy buying Gran Turismo the day it drops.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:26 AM   #12
jzxTT
CF Addict

if gran turismo made a street racing mod id buy me a ps2 right now.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:42 AM   #13
VMJYogi
CF Addict

Wrap ur neurons around this people. Gran Turismo 4, with Arcade, Professional, and Underground modes. You have ur standard arcade, professional with that TOCA stuff where everything can break down, get rid of those damn cars that dont make sense. A chrysler? wtf? i love GT3 because of the realism of the cars and the speed feel. But lets face it people. This is how u beat GT3... Buy the miata. Race till u have 60000. Buy the R-34 vtec j-specII skyline. win and save till ur fast enough to race (and win) the lil tournaments. Win a tournament with the GT1 road car and get that car. The tournament is only 5 races. Then once u have the GT1 u have it made. Everything else is super easy. Thats why NFSU is fun. Its difficult, well not THAT hard but way harder then GT3. @ least on hard mode it is. So you add the underground mode. So there are cars you can hit which makes it more difficult. The turns are sharper. feels like ur going to fast to see which way to turn. BUT u can still use cars like the AWD Mitsu. GTO Race. (fastest 400yd dash) 9.5sumthin, the Toyota GT1 race car (best non-F1 car), and the Zonda race (gr8 car to own in real life) on these winding street roads that would be super.
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 12:13 PM   #14
Lukaz
CF-Mitsucolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzxTT
Im a video game fanatic, I have an x-box. I am currently on house arrest so I play a lot. For all the need for speed underground fans, the makers have just released info on need for speed underground 2! click here for more info. You guys even like the 1rst onE. The only thing I didnt like was the selection of cars> There were allright cars but they needed more. They made a drifting game with no S14 .wtf. And no 3000gt or 300zx, but supra and skyline...... They swear like its the fastest car in the world, its the last car you get, The rx-7 smokes the skyline and you get that waaay before a skyline but w/e . I'd like to see a sh!t load of cars in the second one like 3kGT, Z32, r33, r32, civic hatch (new and old), G2 teggy , trueno¿, any other year supra, mr2.... you get the picture pretty much any car thats worth modding. agree?

I know what you mean. where was the honda NSX.. and if they where gonna make drift why allow cars that anit FR drive on there . there is no 3000GT.. also since when has anyone made a peugeot 206 GTI reach over 200 mph its a bit far fetched

Mitsubishi Mirage 1.6i 16V GLX - My New lil runner this year
Lukaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:46 PM   #15
SunDown13X VR4
CF Enthusiast

just wanted to point out that I got TOCA yesterday.. since my friend kept telling me to get it and well.... dont like it... I'll stick with Project G2. the game doesnt have a sence of speed! every car do seems to float... and well... yo hit something head on and the back gets damage !?! I'm sure it gets fun... but I cheated and used the codes to unlock all the cars and they all feel the same... overall it gets 5/10 from me... graphics are cool... sound its cool, story is cool... gameplay sucks!

Click Here for Mod List
Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 "Turning ordinary people into mechanics since 1991"
"VTEC - All the lag, but without the turbos... Its like waiting for bad sex..." - Sean K./CTECH
SunDown13X VR4 is offline   Reply With Quote