Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2004, 04:56 PM   #1
tzncar
CF Newbie

"DEMO" car

i am thinking about buying a Honda Accord 4cyl Ex with NAV, but since the 05 are coming out in Sept the local dealers aren't offering much of a selection in the 04's........one of the dealers has a DEMO car (the one i am looking for) with about 50miles......do you guys think that it's safe to buy a demo car?? or should i stay way from them??
tzncar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 07:35 PM   #2
s13_Drifter
CF Newbie

im tryin to remember, is that the F20B, right? I dont see anything wrong with buying a demo car, Ive only known like 2 or 3 people that have bought one, and no problems, so Ill say if you like the way it handles and its got some power, get it.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:58 PM   #3
tzncar
CF Newbie

Question

well, the only thing i can't understand is why/how does it become a "demo" with only 50miles, i mean the other "new" cars have about 30-40miles on them are still been sold for full price....i wounder if some thing could be wrong with it or could it be a lemon?
Old 08-03-2004, 07:59 PM   #4
tzncar
CF Newbie

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_Drifter
im tryin to remember, is that the F20B, right? I dont see anything wrong with buying a demo car, Ive only known like 2 or 3 people that have bought one, and no problems, so Ill say if you like the way it handles and its got some power, get it.

well, the only thing i can't understand is why/how does it become a "demo" with only 50miles, i mean the other "new" cars have about 30-40miles on them are still been sold for full price....i wounder if some thing could be wrong with it or could it be a lemon?
Old 08-03-2004, 08:09 PM   #5
VMJYogi
CF Addict

Demo cars probably have sumthin on them that wasnt intended. like they noticed that something on it didnt work right for ex. the airbag but instead of spanding all the money to fix it they just turn it into a DEMO. I'd say to stay away from. Them they could run fine but there might always be that one thing that is screwed up that u cant see. Then when it is needed u gotta spend all this money. Could be anything. The trunk might not open right...depends.

Self-appointed anchorman of CF. I bring the news with a savvy tongue b*tch!
Now an ever prouder DEP of the USMC
I get fresh from Yankee Stadium to the Gardens i beg your pardon, stop it, my closet Macys mens department pants shirt scarf phone if you checkin get the scoop on the cologne belt and shoe section fur for fur baby baby you'll go stir crazy
VMJYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:29 PM   #6
tzncar
CF Newbie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi
Demo cars probably have sumthin on them that wasnt intended. like they noticed that something on it didnt work right for ex. the airbag but instead of spanding all the money to fix it they just turn it into a DEMO. I'd say to stay away from. Them they could run fine but there might always be that one thing that is screwed up that u cant see. Then when it is needed u gotta spend all this money. Could be anything. The trunk might not open right...depends.

the other thing is they are offering a dealer warranty with no additional charge...10 year 100000miles (honda offers only a 36monthb36000 miles)......they are making a very tempting offer but most likely i will be turning it down.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:03 PM   #7
Mangina
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMJYogi

I don't know about something being broken and not fixed. If it's got warranty on it, your ass is covered for anything thats wrong with it. Cosmetic, mechanical, or whatever. If it's what you want, I would get it.
Mangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:54 PM   #8
lutz
Top-Hat

Believe it or not, over here in Germany any new car with more than 2! miles (about 3 kilometers) is a demo car and people won't pay a full price for it.

Have A Drink On Me!

lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:50 PM   #9
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzncar
i am thinking about buying a Honda Accord 4cyl Ex with NAV, but since the 05 are coming out in Sept the local dealers aren't offering much of a selection in the 04's........one of the dealers has a DEMO car (the one i am looking for) with about 50miles......do you guys think that it's safe to buy a demo car?? or should i stay way from them??

I think it should be fine depending how they gauge the price. The msrp on it is $26,300...Honda sells it's cars pretty damn close to msrp...so a new one would be right around there...for a demo with say 150-200miles on it...it should be around $1000-$1500 off...i remember not too long back i was offered a demo TSX for only $25,600, seemed good, had the nav, but one thing steered me off... '15,000 miles'....how they got 15k miles on a demo model is beyond me...but it's worth less than what they were trying to sell it to me for.

My question to you is this...if you are willing to spend $26k on an accord w/o the v-6...go for a TSX...it's MUCH nicer on the inside and has a much peppier K24 engine in it than the K24 in the Accord (200hp vs. 160hp)...TSX is only $27k w/o navi and $29k w/navi. MSRP speaking.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 01:41 AM   #10
tzncar
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
I think it should be fine depending how they gauge the price. The msrp on it is $26,300...Honda sells it's cars pretty damn close to msrp...so a new one would be right around there...for a demo with say 150-200miles on it...it should be around $1000-$1500 off...i remember not too long back i was offered a demo TSX for only $25,600, seemed good, had the nav, but one thing steered me off... '15,000 miles'....how they got 15k miles on a demo model is beyond me...but it's worth less than what they were trying to sell it to me for.

My question to you is this...if you are willing to spend $26k on an accord w/o the v-6...go for a TSX...it's MUCH nicer on the inside and has a much peppier K24 engine in it than the K24 in the Accord (200hp vs. 160hp)...TSX is only $27k w/o navi and $29k w/navi. MSRP speaking.

i was actually planning to get the honda accord EX 4cylinder with Navigation (manual or automatic), the demo is a EX 4cyl automatic with navigation (around 50miles) cost around $22,000 the invoice beeing $23,664, they also have abrand new EX (with the above features) selling for around 24100. a fully loaded TSX will cost me around $29K a bit above my budget.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:00 PM   #11
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzncar
i was actually planning to get the honda accord EX 4cylinder with Navigation (manual or automatic), the demo is a EX 4cyl automatic with navigation (around 50miles) cost around $22,000 the invoice beeing $23,664, they also have abrand new EX (with the above features) selling for around 24100. a fully loaded TSX will cost me around $29K a bit above my budget.

For $22,000 that's an excellent price...get it.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote