Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2004, 12:49 PM   #1
chrissy04
Banned

Why so Mean??

Why must some of the people on here insist upon being so mean to eachother. You guys answer questions and write replies like you are the all might car gods and anyone who may have a question or may be on here to learn a little more about cars is stupid and not good enough to be on your forums. You pick on a 13 year old kid who just wants to get into cars. How mean is that?? Also, you pick on the girls like we're totally oblivious to the car world. Let me give you some insite, girls know just as much as boys if its there thing. We read the same shit and probably have close to the same ideas on how to make a car better. Just because we like pink paint jobs doesn't mean we don't know how to bust your bubble on the track. So for all of you all might gods out there, quit. You are adting like 13 year olds yourself. If people with questions annoy you just don't read there posts.
chrissy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:46 PM   #2
Inygknok
El del Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy04
Why must some of the people on here insist upon being so mean to eachother. You guys answer questions and write replies like you are the all might car gods and anyone who may have a question or may be on here to learn a little more about cars is stupid and not good enough to be on your forums. You pick on a 13 year old kid who just wants to get into cars. How mean is that?? Also, you pick on the girls like we're totally oblivious to the car world. Let me give you some insite, girls know just as much as boys if its there thing. We read the same shit and probably have close to the same ideas on how to make a car better. Just because we like pink paint jobs doesn't mean we don't know how to bust your bubble on the track. So for all of you all might gods out there, quit. You are adting like 13 year olds yourself. If people with questions annoy you just don't read there posts.

arent they?

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 06:39 PM   #3
Ki2AY
CF's Pond Scum

Itís the same question I asked when I first joined this forum.. Apprently the "elders" say, if your stupid, you get a can of whoop ass.. (I know im gonna start another flame war just by stating that.. I already know who would post first in response to my statement.)
Old 10-18-2004, 07:00 PM   #4
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

geeze. Love the forum software, sometimes...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 09:32 PM   #5
beemer
CF Newbie

Well, Chrissy, I see what you mean. But you have to understand that these members are here to talk about cars with people that know just as much as they do. They dont like to be bothered by us, few who are learning and asking stupid questions. Personally I have gotten my questions answered and I recieved help. So its just a matter of when the "elders" are in a good mood and if they are in a bad mood. Lastly, a lot of the people here arent clear about what they want or what they need help in. I am not directing that comment on you as you have done nothing wrong in your posts.
Inygknok- what is your post supposed to mean?

With that said, I think I should leave now, since I am just a learner.
beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 07:07 AM   #6
Mathew
-BMW 3rd Year Apprentice-

Quote:
You pick on a 13 year old kid who just wants to get into cars.

Actually he specifically said that he didn't care about any of us and just wanted to annoy everyone.

I don't see why you're defending that kid (I'm going to assume you're reffering to snipervirus), he brought everything upon himself.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:37 PM   #7
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer
But you have to understand that these members are here to talk about cars with people that know just as much as they do. They dont like to be bothered by us, few who are learning and asking stupid questions.

Not exactly. As I said:

Quote:
No one picks on people who are just here to learn. We pick on people who say they want to learn, but argue with everything presented to them by people who have experience. We pick on people who come in guns a'blazing determined to show how opinionated they can be at a very early age.

It's easy to learn. Ask questions and don't argue with the answers. Show SOME initiative by doing some independent research, such as with Google. And don't argue with the answers. Don't hold tightly to opinion if that opinion is countered by large amounts of evidence to the contrary.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 10-18-2004, 06:55 PM   #8
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

No one picks on people who are just here to learn. We pick on people who say they want to learn, but argue with everything presented to them by people who have experience. We pick on people who come in guns a'blazing determined to show how opinionated they can be at a very early age.

Ignore them? That's tantamount to saying that they are in fact correct. Letting them remain ignorant and spread ignorance isn't doing them or anyone else any favors.

It's easy to learn. Ask questions and don't argue with the answers. Show SOME initiative by doing some independent research, such as with Google. And don't argue with the answers. Don't hold tightly to opinion if that opinion is countered by large amounts of evidence to the contrary.

The reason most girls know as much as most guys is that most guys don't know very much. it IS sad that few girls are interested, but unfortunately, that's the case. And most interested girls get their information from guys that don't actually know all that much. I know a number that are exceptions to the rule, but it's rare. I've also driven against female SCCA national champions, and I know there are girls that can drive circles around most guys. Thre's still areason that with the exception of drag racing and WRC, there haven't been women at the top level of motorsports. Even in amateur competition that gets large numbers of interested women who have been driving for decades, guys are slightly faster.

And it isn't about painting a car pink. Hell, I've painted cars pink. It's about learning enough to be dangerous, then holding on to that as though it means you know as much as others.

Let me put it to you this way:

I've been very involved with cars for almost 30 years. But not just in one genre. I've been road racing, autocrossing, drag racing, and crewing for road race cars, circle track cars, and rallye cars. I had a shop building customs, race cars, and street rods for a decade or so, and owned over a hundred cars, myself, from most major manufacturers around the world. I don't care WHAT genre it's from, I can have fun with it. I've built lowerider show trucks, VWs, stret rods, muscle cars, and sport compacts. I've built road race and autocross Porsches, formula cars, etc. I've got trophies for show cars and race cars. I've driven on the track everything from a $100 Pinto to a half million dollar Ferrari F40, and found both to be fun. The opinions I have have been formed form decades of working on, driving, and owning a wider variety of cars than pretty much anyone here. And when it comes to magazines, I've got a collection of them that stretches back to the '50s, and includes magazines about new cars, muscle cars, drag cars, road racers, autocrossers, street rods, late model sport compacts, '50s customs, and more.

If I act like I know what I'm talking about, and state that someone doesn't have the experience to form the opinion they've formed, there's usually a pretty good reason for it. And I usually won't do that until someone has proven they dont' know what they are talking about and are arguing out their ass.

I also know my limitations, and just how much I still don't know. I certainly don't know everything. And I won't make comments in those areas. Wish more people would follow that rule. When they don't, they get "picked on." If they truly are interested in learning, then they STFU and learn, and go on to become productive members of the automotive community.

www.midatlantic7s.com
Old 05-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #9
musclecarneon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy04
We're mean to each other because guys let off steam by swearing and waving their fists. And we think we're almighty car gods because all guys are naturally arrogant and self-centered, unless they're gay. But I, personally, do not pick on girls. Now that you have identified yourself as a girl, I hereby swear and promise that I will not pick on you.
P.S: Except to say that cars with pink paint jobs look really @#$% weird and my car can kick your car's tailpipe on the track.
musclecarneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:41 PM   #10
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarneon
We're mean to each other because guys let off steam by swearing and waving their fists. And we think we're almighty car gods because all guys are naturally arrogant and self-centered, unless they're gay. But I, personally, do not pick on girls. Now that you have identified yourself as a girl, I hereby swear and promise that I will not pick on you.
P.S: Except to say that cars with pink paint jobs look really @#$% weird and my car can kick your car's tailpipe on the track.
Further proof that you are truly a stupid f*ck. The post that you just responded to is 18 months old. Good job moron.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #11
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
You do realise that this thread is like 18months old, don't you? and that Chrissy probably hasn't posted sinse? also, this thread has 9 or so pages...and it would be hard pushed to happen over night!

While we're on the subject though, I'm niether arrogant or self centered, and I'm certainly not gay....btw, musclecarneon, I deleted two of your posts as you are clearly after a flame war!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48

Last edited by Cliffy : 05-03-2006 at 05:50 PM.
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:25 AM   #12
Benson
seeking snappy title.

Quote:

And I definately would never drive one of these cars
Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:07 AM   #13
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benson

And I definately would never drive one of these cars
I've been there before about the 'Pink car' thing...

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Where'd it go?

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #15
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Where'd it go?
I deleted two of his posts before I saw your response, as mine was posted beneath yours, thus going unnoticed. It appered that he was just after a flame war for no apparent reason (I believe he did quote something....but I thought it was an old post, woops). However, you were stating a fact, and he was after a flame war, so really, it was for the best anyway!

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote