Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Domestic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2004, 06:08 PM   #1
mneujahr712
CF Newbie

94 S10 Blazer troubles

I just got a 1994 S10 Blazer. When i took it home at a stoplight it had a bad idle and it lopes up and down and when it bogs down it will puff a little black smoke. It was getting bad gas mileage also. I took it to jiffy lube and got a fuel cleaning system then changed the fuel and air filter and plugs and wires. This all helped it doesn't smoke as bad and gets about 20mpg but it still has the rough idle and smokes a little. When i start it to warm up in the morning there will be soot on the ground out of the tailpipe. Three plugs on one side were fouled the other three were ok. It doesn't idle so rough when the engine is cold but when it gets warm it starts to do it. It hasn't used any oil and i've drove it over 1,000 miles. I also have to crank it over awhile to get it to start sometimes. Please Help!
mneujahr712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 08:08 PM   #2
DodgeRida67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneujahr712
I just got a 1994 S10 Blazer. When i took it home at a stoplight it had a bad idle and it lopes up and down and when it bogs down it will puff a little black smoke. It was getting bad gas mileage also. I took it to jiffy lube and got a fuel cleaning system then changed the fuel and air filter and plugs and wires. This all helped it doesn't smoke as bad and gets about 20mpg but it still has the rough idle and smokes a little. When i start it to warm up in the morning there will be soot on the ground out of the tailpipe. Three plugs on one side were fouled the other three were ok. It doesn't idle so rough when the engine is cold but when it gets warm it starts to do it. It hasn't used any oil and i've drove it over 1,000 miles. I also have to crank it over awhile to get it to start sometimes. Please Help!

Sounds like you got yourself a good deal. Check vacuum, check compression.
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:20 PM   #3
Seajay
CF Newbie

The EGR valve may need cleaning. If so, the fuel injection/pressure regulator
assy may need to be replaced. For my 93, I found the parts at Advance Auto
Parts and they were a lot cheaper than the dealer.
I would clean the EGR, try it out for a while and see if it holds. If not, then
consider the EFI assy. Good luck!
Seajay
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote