F O R D LOL
Old 01-08-2005, 01:35 AM   #2
blt2tzz
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARECRW
ADMIT IT ALMOST ALL HOT RODS R

F O R D LOL
Ford sucks.......I guess if you have lots of money, you can build 1 for double the cost of a chevy and have the same horsepower
blt2tzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:17 AM   #3
Wally
I Know More Than You

I'm currently rebuilding a Windsor and I have to say it would get my vote as the engine with the least possible parts that actually runs. Primitive is a word that comes to mind. But my 1966 Ford coupe would look out of place with a decent Japanese or Euro V8 and driveline wouldn't it?
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:13 PM   #4
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2tzz
Ford sucks.......I guess if you have lots of money, you can build 1 for double the cost of a chevy and have the same horsepower

Actually, your statement is VERY closeminded. Keep in mind I made my Windsor run in the mid to low 10s with under 4,000 in the engine, and making close to 700hp.

I think the reason you like Chevrolet so much is because theyre easier to work on than a Ford right? The 350 Chevrolet is a much more simple engine than a Ford 302. But this just means your a lazy fool, whos grandpappy told you that Fords were no good.
FordFromHell351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:15 PM   #5
FordFromHell351
Banned

God dammit! I just realized the date on this thread.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #6
72firebird
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFromHell351
Actually, your statement is VERY closeminded. Keep in mind I made my Windsor run in the mid to low 10s with under 4,000 in the engine, and making close to 700hp.

I think the reason you like Chevrolet so much is because theyre easier to work on than a Ford right? The 350 Chevrolet is a much more simple engine than a Ford 302. But this just means your a lazy fool, whos grandpappy told you that Fords were no good.

there is a lil truth to that. for 4000 bucks you can make a 1000 plus hp chevy 350. and yea chevys are simpler. but thats not always a bad thing. plus i like the 289s better than the 302s. i still have the hi po 289 from my brothers 68 mustang and its pushin close to 350 hp. and it sounded really nice.
72firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:20 PM   #7
Wally
I Know More Than You

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72firebird
there is a lil truth to that. for 4000 bucks you can make a 1000 plus hp chevy 350. and yea chevys are simpler. but thats not always a bad thing. plus i like the 289s better than the 302s. i still have the hi po 289 from my brothers 68 mustang and its pushin close to 350 hp. and it sounded really nice.

Nice engine for it's time the HP289, but IMHO the 302 is better, especially when stroking to 347. I started doing up a 289 for my '66 Falcon coupe, but ended up doing a bitsa starting with a 1969 mexican block. My only complaint is the cost of ford parts compared to chev. I'm currently trying to coerce Gonzo Racing Pipes into fabricating a set of extractors/headers for me to make the most of the SBF tone.

Last edited by Wally : 07-14-2005 at 10:25 PM.
Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:49 PM   #8
FordFromHell351
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally
Nice engine for it's time the HP289, but IMHO the 302 is better, especially when stroking to 347. I started doing up a 289 for my '66 Falcon coupe, but ended up doing a bitsa starting with a 1969 mexican block. My only complaint is the cost of ford parts compared to chev. I'm currently trying to coerce Gonzo Racing Pipes into fabricating a set of extractors/headers for me to make the most of the SBF tone.

Sometmes parts for Fords are more expensive than the ones for Chevrolet. I also like the 302 better than the 289, it has a better sound to it, and I think has more potential. Ive talked to Chevy guys that say that the 302 has the best hot rod sound out of any engine that GM, or Chrysler makes.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:59 PM   #9
rstifle3000
Banned

The old fords are fantastic, they created one of the greates hotrods in the US the Shelby Cobra. if ford sucks the why did Shelby but their moter under the hood.
rstifle3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 05:43 PM   #10
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARECRW
ADMIT IT ALMOST ALL HOT RODS R

F O R D LOL
I have no clue what you are saying.

O, now I get it. Almost all hot rods are Fix Or Repair Daily. Given the fact that on average they are old.

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:29 AM   #11
Boss_302
CF Newbie

HOW ABOUT NO
Old 01-09-2005, 04:06 PM   #12
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Why is it when some newb comes on here and tries to prove how closed minded they are, everyone jumps on board to prove that they are just as, if not more, closed minded in return? Can't we just correct him using actual knowledge instead of just "Ford's suck" or the usual acronyms?

Oh, wait, that would require you guys to actually HAVE knowledge, too...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:25 PM   #13
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
Why is it when some newb comes on here and tries to prove how closed minded they are, everyone jumps on board to prove that they are just as, if not more, closed minded in return? Can't we just correct him using actual knowledge instead of just "Ford's suck" or the usual acronyms?

Oh, wait, that would require you guys to actually HAVE knowledge, too...
Everyone? Using that word displays the same type of close mindedness you're against. How about a select few. Besides, with people like him it doesn't really matter. You could beat him to death with fact and figures and you'd still be the one who is wrong. Sometimes it's easier to just fight fire with fire and shout the little assholes down.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:46 AM   #14
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Everyone? Using that word displays the same type of close mindedness you're against. How about a select few. Besides, with people like him it doesn't really matter. You could beat him to death with fact and figures and you'd still be the one who is wrong. Sometimes it's easier to just fight fire with fire and shout the little assholes down.

Sorry, Hobo. Look up "hyperbole" used to make a point. It's commonly used, even by intelligent people. And the point wasn't directed toward the original poster (as you said, it wouldn't matter) but to those reading and thinking of responding in kind.

BTW, telling someone they are wrong and closed minded IS NOT also being closed minded. Much like if you corrected someone who said "VW suck" as being a closed minded twit, you would not be being closed minded, yourself.

Don't know how many times I have to say it before it sinks in with people...

Now, let's stop arguing amongst ourselves and worry about the real problems of the board...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #15
rstifle3000
Banned

Ford is goooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by StiMan
I have no clue what you are saying.

O, now I get it. Almost all hot rods are Fix Or Repair Daily. Given the fact that on average they are old.

WHO GIVES A CRAP IF THEY MAY NEED A LITTLE MORE WORK DAMN IT. with just a little more work they can kick any other cars ass. (does the name GT-40 float through your head).
rstifle3000 is offline   Reply With Quote