Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2005, 04:53 AM   #1
14yearclassic
CF Newbie

What to do?

Hello,

I am fourteen years old and am considering restoring a car, I live in Canada and have about $12,000.00 canadian to work with. I would like to know what you all think about what type of car I would be best off restoring. It is for my joy and satisfaction but I want to be able to sell it for more than I have put into it at the end of it. Also do you have any advice on what to look for, where to look for it. Another question I have is how long it would take me to restore it and how much it would cost. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by 14yearclassic : 01-18-2005 at 04:31 PM.
14yearclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 04:57 AM   #2
Coffin Type R
CF Addict

Well it would probably be helpful to know what type of cars you are interested in

~*Lost Soul of Chevy*~

Coffin Type R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 03:33 PM   #3
14yearclassic
CF Newbie

Uhmmm the cars I'm into are cars like the 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle, 1970-1971 Plymouth Barracuda, 1969-1970 Mustangs coupes (love the Boss model), 1968-1972 Oldsmobile 442, 1969-1970 Pontiac GTO, 1971 Dodge Challenger, I also am in love with the 1967-1968 Shelby GT-350's and GT-500 but I know that the Shelby's are probably out of my range. Anyways I hope I gave you an idea of what I'm into, I also have a part time job, not much money but still a little. Also how much time do you think I would have to devote to the car, I was thinking an hour to two hours everyday. Anyways any input is appreciated again. Maybe you guys will have some ideas of similar cars that I might like as well?

Thanks!

Last edited by 14yearclassic : 01-18-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:57 PM   #4
DodgeRida67
Banned

The 1971 Challenger is a GREAT choice. Who would want anything else?
DodgeRida67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 06:58 PM   #5
Coffin Type R
CF Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeRida67
The 1971 Challenger is a GREAT choice. Who would want anything else?

I don't know... I think the 1970 Chevelle is a better choice.

~*Lost Soul of Chevy*~

Coffin Type R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:50 PM   #6
14yearclassic
CF Newbie

Hello,

Thanks for the input so far, I found this ad for a 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle, it looks pretty beat up... here's the description;
Taken apart most pieces there, reasonable solid project car, front fenders, rad support and grill missing, no original engine and tranny to go with car.

what do you all think!?
Old 01-24-2005, 04:26 PM   #7
snapper69
CF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14yearclassic
Hello,

I am fourteen years old and am considering restoring a car, I live in Canada and have about $12,000.00 canadian to work with. I would like to know what you all think about what type of car I would be best off restoring. It is for my joy and satisfaction but I want to be able to sell it for more than I have put into it at the end of it. Also do you have any advice on what to look for, where to look for it. Another question I have is how long it would take me to restore it and how much it would cost. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The questions you are asking can only be answered by which car you decide you want. As far as money goes and time spent restoring all depends on the shape of the car you buy. Take your time when looking though. There are lots of choices out there. But don't just get one to resell. The money you may get back but the time and energy put into it you will most likely not get back. Plus don't be so sure you'll want to sell it. After you spend that much time on a car that you get in the first place because you like it, you will more than likely want to keep it for a long time. You are only young though, take your time and find the write car for you. Hopefully it'll be a Chev. But for sake of ease go for a full frame car like chevelle's, monte's etc. The Camaro's and Firebirds and even the Mustangs are nice, but unibidies are a little trickier to work on and can hide rust a little easier. Later.
snapper69 is offline   Reply With Quote