Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2005, 07:25 PM   #1
spencedawg
CF Newbie

Car Audio

I am looking to get a system in my car. I was thinking about a memphis 500d amp two pioneer premire 12s and for a head unit I was thinking about a pioneer premire 770mp when it comes out. any sugestions comments
spencedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:12 PM   #2
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

Don't get Pioneer subs, they're horrible. If you want lots of bass get 2 Kicker Comp 12's, they go for about $170CAD a piece. For quality you gotta go Rockford, P212S4, they go for about 200CAD a piece. For an amp, I'd go for an MRP-350 Class-D which puts out 350rms, which is plenty to pound those two. The head unit you chose is excellent. The entire system should put you down just under $!000CAD.

That's just a lower class system, from your first choice I assume you don't want to blow too much money. What's your budget? Then I can have an idea of what you can afford.
88GrandPrixSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:31 PM   #3
spencedawg
CF Newbie

I am looking to put about 650 into a system in my car. I have a friend that can get me killer deals from pioneer. That is Why I am looking into their premire line. Its alot better than the normal pioneer line.
spencedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:22 AM   #4
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

650 isn't very much for a system.. are you replacing the stock speakers too?

Personally I haven't really noticed any noticeable difference between the two Pioneer lines, just the name really. If you want go ahead and get Pioneer subs, wouldn't suggest it because they're quite a sloppy sounding sub, they head unit is a good choice though. When it comes down to it, it's whether you want to spend the extra hundred bucks and get good quality right now, or spend a hundred less and get decent quality then when you get tired of that, have to buy better ones.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:33 AM   #5
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencedawg
I am looking to get a system in my car. I was thinking about a memphis 500d amp two pioneer premire 12s and for a head unit I was thinking about a pioneer premire 770mp when it comes out. any sugestions comments

Pioneer subs arent good at all (unless you get their record holding 12" SPL...which is over a grand).

The guy who said get the COMP's over the Pioneer's isnt too smart when it comes to car audio...COMP's are just baseline subs with ultra small magnets and a small VC and really compete with base lines like the MTX 4000 series and RF P1/P2.

You want real good subs? Look into Digital Designs, Orion, Focal, Diamond Audio, Adire, PPI, Image Dynamics and such. Your head unit choice is good. Pioneer makes an excellent HU.

Memphis makes an excellent amp. But you need to look into Alpine, Kicker, Hifonics, Zapco, Monitor, Orion etc as well... All make very powerful, clean and reliable amps. Rockford Fosgate amps are horribly known for being unreliable nowadays and I have seen this to be quite true.

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:25 AM   #6
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

Comps are decent subs for the price, that's what I was stating. I have 5 subs ( 2 Rockford HE2 1 HX2, and two Kicker comp-vr's -- hits 190db) pounding in my car and 8 speakers all running off 5 amps and powered by a 180amp alternator, with a 6500 headunit, don't care for MP3 playing units. Everything is custom made by myself from the boxes to the amp mounts to the dash kit. I know a good deal about car stereos.

Why would you name all the high dollar brands when he mentioned he only wanted to put 650 into the system?

If you're going to get speakers, look into concept, they don't handle bass, but your subs will take care of that, and they have excellent quality sound for the price, pair of 6x9's for about $130 on sale usually. You could also look into Alpine Type-S's, they're okay for the price too.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:16 PM   #7
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88GrandPrixSE
Comps are decent subs for the price, that's what I was stating. I have 5 subs ( 2 Rockford HE2 1 HX2, and two Kicker comp-vr's -- hits 190db) pounding in my car and 8 speakers all running off 5 amps and powered by a 180amp alternator, with a 6500 headunit, don't care for MP3 playing units. Everything is custom made by myself from the boxes to the amp mounts to the dash kit. I know a good deal about car stereos.

Why would you name all the high dollar brands when he mentioned he only wanted to put 650 into the system?

If you're going to get speakers, look into concept, they don't handle bass, but your subs will take care of that, and they have excellent quality sound for the price, pair of 6x9's for about $130 on sale usually. You could also look into Alpine Type-S's, they're okay for the price too.

Now we all know you're full of shit. Stop lying kid. 190dB's is well above the IASCA Audio RECORD and there is now way you can even come close to that with 5 budget-midrange 12" subs when they are using custom made 18/24/30"+ woofers. You might be in the 150dB range pending what amps you have. You have no diea WTF you are talking about when it comes to car audio or cars in general from looking at other posts. I bet you have no idea how many dB's it takes to make a system twice as loud as it was before. You charged somebody $400 for an alt. pulley and $600 for an alternator for a Jetta(obviously made the hell up when you can go to your local autozone and get an alt. pulley for $50 and alternator for $100). COMP VR's are good if you waste your money on $100 subs worth $40. Or, you could get a 12" DVC Volfenhag for $50 and have dual 2.2" VC's, all aluminum construction, 140+oz magnet, and 500rms power handling (really 600-650rms). All those brands have lower end models and can be obtained for a great value. Just stop posting while you're as deep as you are... People on here aren't as gullable as you wish we were.

190dB's...LOL still cant get over that...

~Blow your mind~

Old 03-07-2005, 03:39 AM   #8
DSMer
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbird1100
Now we all know you're full of shit. Stop lying kid. People on here aren't as gullable as you wish we were.

190dB's...LOL still cant get over that...

Oh no thunderbird1100 hes an expert at just about everything. Cars, Audio, Performance.. I mean hes only been arround them all his life. But don't mind me, HE's the expert.

190DB's Yeah right..., you should be slapped by and MECP just for saying that.

Some Rockford subs and a couple Kickers running off 5 amps 1 battery and a 180amp alternator. Pushing out 190+DB's.... Oh my god... .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortenjam
I have a 2000 Nissan Altima and recently put in 180 watt infinity 6 and a halfs. I am lookin to go top of the line...or atleast the limit to what my car can withstand. Im asking for help on the top 5 subs, remember money is not an option. The top amps would help...and im relatively new to the car audio so if u guys can help out a little on like settin me up with subs and tellin me how much amp power i will need, and compacitors and stuff. If i have to, I will spend 10 grand.Thanks dd

Woah, $10,000. You'd be better off going to a profesional sound shop waiving arround that kind of money. Try to shoot at a shop that retails Diamond Audio, JBL, RockFord Fosgate, Infinity, Kenwood, Pioneer, and any other high named audio brands. They usually will have alot of better stuff to offer than just the "normal".

Or you can go to some specialty shops that retail some of the underground brands as DD, Directed Electronics(PPI, and Viper), IDMAX, Eclipse, Elemental Designs, Resonant Engineering(May have to get some stuff ordered from Navada for this one), TREO, BA, MB, MMATS, etc... The list goes on and on.

...Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid...
DSMer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:20 PM   #9
johnk2k
CF Newbie

i hit 250 db and i is true u ****en idiots. i will kill u all with my subs
johnk2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 06:22 PM   #10
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk2k
And now is when you leave these forums since now you have zero credibility.

~Blow your mind~

Old 05-27-2005, 12:07 AM   #11
windsonian
Dodger65's weirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk2k
Ok, read this and then tell me if you still want us to believe you:

The National Campaign for Hearing Health's Toxic Noise Guidelines (exposure times and decibel levels that cause hearing loss)

85 dB 8-hour period
85 - 90 dB 2-hour period
90 - 100 dB 1 to 2-hour period
100 - 110 between 2 and 15 minutes
110 - 120 less than 30 seconds
130 dB ANY EXPOSURE WILL RESULT IN PERMANENT HEARING LOSS

ps: I didn't make this up, it comes from http://www.lowertheboom.org/trice/safedblevels.htm

I don't really care if you've got big subs (compensating for something maybe?), but if you're going to try and abuse people, at least do it with something slightly resembling fact.

Anyone else agree?
Old 01-29-2005, 10:38 PM   #12
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

[quote=88GrandPrixSE]Comps are decent subs for the price, that's what I was stating. I have 5 subs ( 2 Rockford HE2 1 HX2, and two Kicker comp-vr's -- hits 190db) pounding in my car and 8 speakers all running off 5 amps and powered by a 180amp alternator, with a 6500 headunit, don't care for MP3 playing units. Everything is custom made by myself from the boxes to the amp mounts to the dash kit. I know a good deal about car stereos.
[quote]

Just for kicks to prove my point...

Pioneer had a F250 in the Extreme 9+ class in 2003 with NINE 12" TS-W5000 subs (these things have 320oz magnets) and had 36 amps giving the big subs 115,000 watts of power (probably about 112-113k more than you're giving yours) and he hit 173.3dB's. So much for you hitting 190dB's with 5 budget/somewhat mid range subs...

Link to the TS-W5000s
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...etailComponent

~Blow your mind~

Old 01-30-2005, 08:05 AM   #13
arsenick6
CF Newbie

IN reply to the comment bout pioneer pro speakers not being very good i would have to disagree with that, im running the TSD160R's straight from my HU and they give a hiding to many of my friends cars who have 6x9's in the back aswell as 6"s in the front. High quality sound IMO. they are a good buy to i think as other brands i have seen where $100NZ more for the same thing.
arsenick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 06:45 PM   #14
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenick6
IN reply to the comment bout pioneer pro speakers not being very good i would have to disagree with that, im running the TSD160R's straight from my HU and they give a hiding to many of my friends cars who have 6x9's in the back aswell as 6"s in the front. High quality sound IMO. they are a good buy to i think as other brands i have seen where $100NZ more for the same thing.

Pioneer Premier speakers are the exact same things as the regular line. All they do is take the Pioneer logo off the dust cap and slap on a 'Premier' emblem. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself...notice they look exactly the same and have the exact same specs. I'm not saying they're BAD, just a complete waste of money when there are 25 other brand names that are much much better.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...020663,00.html
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...020670,00.html

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn..._35267,00.html
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn..._38291,00.html

Notice even how they have the EXACT same MSRP... Such a good marketing ploy to trick people into paying $10 more for the same product thinking they are getting something better because it says 'Premier' instead of 'Pioneer' on it.

~Blow your mind~

Old 03-07-2005, 04:51 AM   #15
88GrandPrixSE
CF Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88GrandPrixSE

Whoa, where'd 190 come from, 130 she hits. My bad. Only have 3 now, 2 more made no difference unless the trunk was open, didn't have enough air to push. Waste of power.

Last edited by 88GrandPrixSE : 03-07-2005 at 04:54 AM.