Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which one would you rather have ?
2005 Honda Accord EX v-6 7 46.67%
2005 Subaru WRX Sedan 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2005, 05:18 AM   #1
shr0olvl
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 9
05' Honda Accord EX V-6 or 05' Subaru WRX Sedan

I've asked many people this question and it seems to be 50/50 so i decided to ask what you guys think.

They both have about the same performance wise stock such as 0-60 and 1/4 miles times and cost about the same.

Things to consider, insurance which is outrageous on the wrx, interior which is really nice and comfortable in the honda, the navigation system the accord comes with, how the car looks, the realiability, and the aftermarket parts of each car. There are probably other things to consider but i cant think of them right now.

oh yea, and you might want to consider that the accord is FWD while the WRX is AWD, but you might not need the AWD in some states, so consider that too !

When choosing, post why you chose what you did.

Last edited by shr0olvl : 02-01-2005 at 05:22 AM.
shr0olvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #2
mirot
CF Enthusiast
 
mirot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 117
i also am having a debate between these two cars and some others... the wrx is somewhat faster, i think the 0-60 of the wrx is somehting like in the mid 5 second range while the accord is 6.1 seconds? what the accord offers is great comfort, excellent reliability, and leather seats and nav system.. incomparable to the wrx.. but the young "wild" side in me says i wanna have fun on the road, so right now im thinking on the wrx...
mirot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 10:56 PM   #3
RusMan
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 115
It all depends what you want, like you said Accord will be more comfortable and luxurious ride, and it's not a great car to modify since it's big heavy and its just not a sports sedan. WRX is a sports sedan with a stock turbocharged engine, which is easy to modify, and AWD + good suspension give the car very good handling, so get WRX if you want to modify it and be fast, if you want luxury get an Accord.
__________________
RusMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:12 PM   #4
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
WRX baby. It is much sportier, quicker, better roadholding (awd), etc.
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:16 PM   #5
D4NDO
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Appleton, Warrington, England
Posts: 46
both of them are fairly rubush. my dad undertook a new v6 accord in his M3 and the dude in the accord thought he could do the same 2 my dad but he was very wrong and he tried to keep up but the M3 absolutly wasted the accord. but the M3 isnt on the voting so i will hav to go for the accord because it looks the nicest
D4NDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:23 PM   #6
StiMan
CF Retired Post Whore
 
StiMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Posts: 2,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by D4NDO
both of them are fairly rubush. my dad undertook a new v6 accord in his M3 and the dude in the accord thought he could do the same 2 my dad but he was very wrong and he tried to keep up but the M3 absolutly wasted the accord. but the M3 isnt on the voting so i will hav to go for the accord because it looks the nicest
You are a dumbshit. The M3 is a 50k sport coupe, what are these cars? 25-30K FAMILY CARS!
__________________
John

StiMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 11:25 PM   #7
D4NDO
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Appleton, Warrington, England
Posts: 46
that wasnt the point of the story, the point was that the accord was crap
D4NDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:37 PM   #8
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by shr0olvl
I've asked many people this question and it seems to be 50/50 so i decided to ask what you guys think.

They both have about the same performance wise stock such as 0-60 and 1/4 miles times and cost about the same.

Things to consider, insurance which is outrageous on the wrx, interior which is really nice and comfortable in the honda, the navigation system the accord comes with, how the car looks, the realiability, and the aftermarket parts of each car. There are probably other things to consider but i cant think of them right now.

oh yea, and you might want to consider that the accord is FWD while the WRX is AWD, but you might not need the AWD in some states, so consider that too !

When choosing, post why you chose what you did.

It's what you want, both cars are top notch in their respective categories. The Accord handles very well and has tons of power (for a family car), but the WRX has that too. The Accord will be a lot more refined and have better quality all around, but if you like the feel of feedback from the road then go with the WRX. Both cars actually have very very similar handling and 1/4 mile numbers (The Accord V6 6spd coupe will do the 1/4 in the mid 14s as does the WRX...the automatic sedan v6 will do it in high 14s).
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~

thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 12:14 AM   #9
tbardsle
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1
This sounds like pointless conversation but I'll join in.

Dunno what its like in the US now but in the UK M3's are driven by footballers and city boys, badly and arrogantly, (What does your dad do D4NDO?) I could never drive one as I would automatically look an idiot.

Imprezas, (there are about 40 different types since they started coming over 10 years or so ago) are driven by all sorts, its shocking for fuel though. It is one of the best performance cars ever made although beaten by a mitsubishi evo VIII if you can take ride. Both of these are "Peoples" cars not "Poseurs" cars, especially used.

Because of this I would choose an impreza (WRX STI PPP or SPEC-C please) over the M3 and the Accord but I have to deal with more corners over here.
tbardsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:38 PM   #10
D4NDO
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Appleton, Warrington, England
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbardsle
This sounds like pointless conversation but I'll join in.

Dunno what its like in the US now but in the UK M3's are driven by footballers and city boys, badly and arrogantly, (What does your dad do D4NDO?) I could never drive one as I would automatically look an idiot.

Imprezas, (there are about 40 different types since they started coming over 10 years or so ago) are driven by all sorts, its shocking for fuel though. It is one of the best performance cars ever made although beaten by a mitsubishi evo VIII if you can take ride. Both of these are "Peoples" cars not "Poseurs" cars, especially used.

Because of this I would choose an impreza (WRX STI PPP or SPEC-C please) over the M3 and the Accord but I have to deal with more corners over here.
my dad is what you would call a rich kid, he got left with some money from his grandad in a trust fund and set up a finacial advisory company and thats what he does.
D4NDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:45 PM   #11
durangoman
CF Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Kentuky, I ware schoos two
Posts: 41
no contest, wrx hands down, 3 grand cheaper almost 1 sec faster o-60, bad ass styling, ( how u gonna pass up that hood scoop), street credability between an wrx and boring ass honda is uncomparable, plus any up grades to the accord and youre atomaticly a ricer, awd handling superior even on dry pavement, the accord is a granny car, my friend has a wrx and it is amazing, can u do off pavement dougnuts in an accord?, for me def the wrx cause its just awesome
__________________
Chevy El Camino, the mullet of cars, buisness in the front, party in the back
durangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 03:36 AM   #12
thunderbird1100
CF dB-o-holic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LSU Campus
Posts: 3,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by durangoman
no contest, wrx hands down, 3 grand cheaper almost 1 sec faster o-60, bad ass styling, ( how u gonna pass up that hood scoop), street credability between an wrx and boring ass honda is uncomparable, plus any up grades to the accord and youre atomaticly a ricer, awd handling superior even on dry pavement, the accord is a granny car, my friend has a wrx and it is amazing, can u do off pavement dougnuts in an accord?, for me def the wrx cause its just awesome

Not to bust your logic, but the Accord six speed coupe runs the exact same 1/4 mile as the WRX (and is only a grand more, not 3 grand). The only reason the WRX is faster to 60 is because it's AWD and the Accord FWD. To really make you feel bumbed out completely, the Accord actually posts better handling numbers than the WRX (thanks to the WRX's incredibly soft shocks it only does around .82-.84g on the 300ft skidpad and only 64mph 700ft slalom runs).

And what makes you think modding an Accord automatically makes you a ricer? You realize they've had and have SiR/Type-R versions of the Accord (one right now has 300hp) and the J30 engine is very very responsive to mods (rated at 240hp from the factory...cat-back exhaust takes it to 260-265 crank hp). My good friend runs a 2003 HFP Six Speed coupe Accord and does 13.90s regularly with the only mods being a CAI and Cat-Back.
__________________
1990 Honda Accord LX Sedan
Mileage Ticker: 232,400 Miles
Stereo Mods: Coming soon...

~Blow your mind~


Last edited by thunderbird1100 : 02-04-2005 at 03:42 AM.
thunderbird1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.