Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2002, 05:29 AM   #1

Now Considering Maxima :)

Hey guys I am still interested in Altimas, but now I realised I could get a nice used Maxima too. How are they? Are they as reliable as the Altimas? Looking at V6 5speed, something like 93-99 yers. Just looking for opinions, thanks!
Old 11-04-2002, 11:33 AM   #2

Test drove the Altima and the Maxima back to back, along with the Acura TL an hour later. I found the Altima looks great with probably a little more interior room, speed and handling were comparable but I was put off the Altima by the acres of hard plastic, even with the leather option on the SE interior just doesn't come close to the Maxima, the leather is nowhere near as good a quality either (the black leather looks and feels like hard vynil, the tan leather is a little better), I guess the extra $3000 I paid gets me better materials, heated steering wheel (quite important during our Alberta winters) and a quieter car. Seemed worth it to me so I got the Maxima. I imagine the first thing to be updated on the Altima will be the interior trim. Idid manage to get a few freebies thrown in on the Maxima, not sure if I would have got those on the Altima with the expected demand. Only thing is, I want the Acura gearbox in my Maxima!

I know you want to know more about the performance & reliability but I just wanted throw my opinion on Maxima vs. Altima
Old 11-04-2002, 03:29 PM   #3

Lol thanks, we test drove a 2002 Altima too, loved the car but the interior was pretty bad. Now we are looking at used Altimas (1 & 2nd gen) and Maximas (3rd & 4th Gen). Thanks anyways
Any comments on these?
Old 12-02-2002, 03:32 AM   #4
suprarx7TT
CF Newbie

My dad had a 95 nissan maxima 5 speed that was fast i would say. I think i'd take the max over the alt anyday
suprarx7TT is offline   Reply With Quote