Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2005, 12:36 AM   #1
mirot
CF Enthusiast

another "what car should i get" post...

hey...

good news for me, i just got a scholarship to a university i applied to, which means for me, i get to get a nicer car

my parents will match any amount i put in for a car... and im looking at a grand total of about $35k...

my dream car is ofcourse the saleen (pictured below )

some others would be

evolution 8
subaru sti
used m3

i know this "what car should i get" question is becoming redundant, but i really would appreciate some feedback...

thanks
Old 02-12-2005, 12:41 AM   #2
Nichol Bolas
CF Newbie

Well, because you have the money to spend, doesn't mean you should dump it all into the car itself. Think of something a bit cheaper that you can possibly mod... it'll give you a new appreciation for the car. I would go with an Evo III and mod it like crazy. That's just my

And, not to sound like a total idiot by going off topic in the first reply, I would get an Evo VIII if I had to pick from the three.
Nichol Bolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 04:15 AM   #3
mirot
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol Bolas
Well, because you have the money to spend, doesn't mean you should dump it all into the car itself. Think of something a bit cheaper that you can possibly mod... it'll give you a new appreciation for the car. I would go with an Evo III and mod it like crazy. That's just my

i guess you are kinda right... but for me, ive been saving up just to buy myself a real nice car one day, and i know its going to be expensive.. i am one of those guys who appreciates the "factory specs" and pricetag for the matter of the car i am driving... i dont really see myself modding something...

oh yea... add an R32 to the list
Old 02-12-2005, 04:41 AM   #4
moostang104314
the guy you wish you were

An R32 is hard to come by and can be pretty expensive. If by "nicer" you mean faster, than the Evo or STi are great choices. To me, however, I think of "nicer" as being more luxurious, and would buy an Acura or Infiniti. But if speed is what you want, you need to make the tough decision between the Evo or STi, which is not a field I'm very good in. Good luck!
Old 02-12-2005, 07:50 AM   #5
NISSANSPDR
and the Revolution

First off an Evo III is illegal/not legal for street use in the USA...the Evo VII was the first car to be legal here but was not brought by Mitsubishi...a company called Evolution Imports did it...they bring other cars too...check their site

http://www.evolutionimports.com/
Old 02-12-2005, 08:55 PM   #6
mirot
CF Enthusiast

i'm sorry.... but i'm pretty sure it street legal...

those "evolution import" people probably offer the same car with aftermarket parts.