Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2003, 11:57 PM   #1
Morphias87
CF Newbie

Fords, good or just bad?

I always hear that Ford's are bad cars. Since I'm not a car expert I was wondering what you guys opinion is on Fords. Do you think they have any good models out there or are they just bad? :?:
Morphias87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 12:03 AM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Re: Fords, good or just bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphias87
I always hear that Ford's are bad cars. Since I'm not a car expert I was wondering what you guys opinion is on Fords. Do you think they have any good models out there or are they just bad? :?:

All manufacturers have in the past and still do build good and bad cars. Whether it's a faulty design, poor materials or just a bad day on the assembly line when you produce anything the way a car company does, limited or mass production, there's gonna be a turd slip through now and then.

Now let's see who jumps in and says Fords are junk and try to justify it.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 12:17 AM   #3
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Re: Fords, good or just bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Now let's see who jumps in and says Fords are junk and try to justify it.

::Jumps In!!::

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtclark
Yes those numbers would be relatively hard to attain and I'm not sure where you would begin but I can say from my experience and involvement in cases that Ford has the highest percentage and the Focus is the leading case within Ford, again this is just from my involvement and over the past 6 months.

Slightly justified...

See <this thread> for the context.

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 12:46 AM   #4
57ock
CF Addict

Ford Falcon Xr6 Turbo is a bit of a lemon. I've heard a lot of complaints about there reliability.
Old 11-07-2003, 01:38 AM   #5
SuperJew
I like pie.

i've heard that Fords are fairly reliable when it comes to American cars. My dad's Mustang runs excellently and has for almost 5 years. however, as with all types of cars, vwhobo is right. sometimes there are just careless mistakes that are made in any part of the process, whether in the basic design or when an assembly worker is having a bad day because his girlfriend just dumped him, and wants to take it out on the car.

however, as almost everyone knows, just by nature most foreign cars are more reliable. is it their design? maybe. is it their factories? maybe. is it the use of impeccable robots instead of humans (trust me i've seen it)? maybe. it could even be that Europeans are smarter in Math and Engineering than us Americans. in conclusion, it is a fact that as of this time American cars are inferior in reliability to European cars.

if that made no sense please forgive me- im sick and my brain is not functioning too well.

CF's Resident Pimp Slapper

Pimp Slap Count (as of 30 May 2004): 34
SuperJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 02:42 AM   #6
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJew
i've heard that Fords are fairly reliable when it comes to American cars. My dad's Mustang runs excellently and has for almost 5 years. however, as with all types of cars, vwhobo is right. sometimes there are just careless mistakes that are made in any part of the process, whether in the basic design or when an assembly worker is having a bad day because his girlfriend just dumped him, and wants to take it out on the car.

however, as almost everyone knows, just by nature most foreign cars are more reliable. is it their design? maybe. is it their factories? maybe. is it the use of impeccable robots instead of humans (trust me i've seen it)? maybe. it could even be that Europeans are smarter in Math and Engineering than us Americans. in conclusion, it is a fact that as of this time American cars are inferior in reliability to European cars.

if that made no sense please forgive me- im sick and my brain is not functioning too well.

SJ, I have to disagree with you on that point. If you look at the numbers they just don't back up your words.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."

Old 11-07-2003, 03:07 AM   #7
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Quote:

SJ, I have to disagree with you on that point. If you look at the numbers they just don't back up your words.

ok can ya show me the numbers?

Old 11-07-2003, 04:45 AM   #8
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
ok can ya show me the numbers?

I already have in another post, you should be paying attention. Notice the high percentage of Euro vehicles on the right side of the chart and the complete absence on the left. Granted there aren't many US vehicles listed on either side but based on the higher number of US models than Euro models it kinda paints a picture. I also wish it wasn't true but...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2003-11-03-reliablechart.htm

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/usatoday/20031104/bs_usatoday/11936449

Now would you care to show me something to back up your statements?

Old 11-07-2003, 08:54 PM   #9
Morphias87
CF Newbie

The reason why I brought up this subject about Fords is because when I get my first car I might want to get a Mustang, but I'm not sure if there any good. By the time I have my licence I might have around $3,000-$5,000 to spend so its probaly gonna be a old year. If you guys have any suggestions about the best Mustang for that price or not to get a Mustang at all I'd appreaciate it, thnx.
Morphias87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 09:43 PM   #10
XdaytonaX
CF Newbie

My Father breed me to hate and kill all that is ford... My friend even had a Ford tempo that just didn't work right! But personally, I think it's the owner who truly ensures the life of a car. How well he takes care of it makes a lot of diffrence...
XdaytonaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 12:33 PM   #11
speeder
CF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by XdaytonaX
My Father breed me to hate and kill all that is ford... My friend even had a Ford tempo that just didn't work right! But personally, I think it's the owner who truly ensures the life of a car. How well he takes care of it makes a lot of diffrence...

well put my friend.

To me a car is alot like a women... if you treat her right, she'll treat you right.

"All units be advised, be on the look out for a black sports car, last seen going airbourne near the highway overpass. The SPEEDER is travelling at well over the speed limit, pursue with caution"

Last edited by speeder : 06-18-2005 at 12:36 PM.
speeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 09:56 PM   #12
SuperJew
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XdaytonaX

that is one factor of the durability of a car. if one treats a good quality car like shit, how is the car supposed to hold up?

oh and vwhobo i have nothing to back myself up. my "tirade" was all opinion, and clearly i am wrong. oh well. its not the end of the world

Old 11-08-2003, 11:25 AM   #13
stringer001
CF Enthusiast

uhh, there are some sweet looking fords roaming our roads, mustangs

there just a pain to fix us mechanics charge high enough prices as is it would take us a lot longer to fix a ford than a holden. Its just a time factor. Its like a bus/van vs station wagon u have to take lots of things apart to get to where you want, its called POOR DESIGN, holden is also more reliable than the ford and while im on this topic ill tell you that mitsibitshi is the worst model of car to fix and they always break down!
stringer001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 01:29 PM   #14
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphias87
The reason why I brought up this subject about Fords is because when I get my first car I might want to get a Mustang, but I'm not sure if there any good. By the time I have my licence I might have around $3,000-$5,000 to spend so its probaly gonna be a old year. If you guys have any suggestions about the best Mustang for that price or not to get a Mustang at all I'd appreaciate it, thnx.

For that kind of money you should be able to get a really nice late '80's to early '90's 5.0. I don't know about Rhode Island specifically but they're pretty much falling off trees everywhere.

The 5.0 makes a great platform for mods too. Aftermarket parts are cheap and plentiful.

Old 11-20-2003, 11:17 PM   #15
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Well. I just saw this while surfing around and thought it might add so the dialoge.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20031120/bs_nm/autos_ford_dc_1