Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2005, 10:55 AM   #121
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyundaGuy
just compare the two, both are awesome car's... it really comes down to the box and engine combo..

4G63 is a dope engine, great for about 530hp quite easily..

the EJ20T is all BOXER though, also a dope engine, muuuuch better for acceleration, rather then max power.. either way.. depending on what you wanted the car for..

it all depend's on your wants and need's really.

I just think the evo 3 looks tough, but preformance wise I think the sti comes out on top..........just.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 10:57 AM   #122
HyundaGuy
Relicensed n ready 2 race

meh, lol.. like i said.. i'd prefer to just spend a bunch of cash on my excel and then make that the dopest Hyundai around, i've seen the 98 model excel's with a 4G63 before and it's bloody quick.. to say the least.

If i still owned an excel.. It'd look like this:

HyundaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:00 AM   #123
GreekWarrior
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyundaGuy
meh, lol.. like i said.. i'd prefer to just spend a bunch of cash on my excel and then make that the dopest Hyundai around, i've seen the 98 model excel's with a 4G63 before and it's bloody quick.. to say the least.

That would be interesting, an excel with a 4G63.

GreekWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 11:04 AM   #124
HyundaGuy

my mate rodney has a ford laser ke, tx3 turbo, it's got one of those 323 familia gt-r engine's.. BPT i believe the code name is, anyway.. pull's 13 flat.. we dragged off a 98 excel that just had a stock 4G63 in it, not even an exhaust to it.. stock box.. basically a stock Hyundai Excel Evolution 2 and it cained us hard!

Rodney got heaps pissed off.. he's now aiming for 10's, lol.. funny one..

Old 07-16-2005, 08:24 PM   #125
ukcarman
Banned

hmm tough question, both the supra and skyline are my favourite jap cars. the supra is 320bhp and the skyline is 280bhp the supra is quicker stock, but the skyline can be tuned to about 1000bhp, but as your nearly 18 why would you want a car with soo much power? your not going to be able to do 140mph anywhere are you? legally anyway, your better off getting a cheaper smaller engined car, something like a honda civic VTI (1.6ltr 150bhp) or hell why not a honda civic type R (2.0ltr 200bhp ish) both are good standard and are easily modified/tuned etc, can be made into real stunners given time and money.

here in the Uk i cant get insured on a skyline or a supra at 18 as id be considered an un experienced driver and a hazard, and so insurance companies would put the phone down on me if i tried to insure one, as its silly really 18 years old with a nissan skyline.....im sure id end up driving it into a wall or something lol.
ukcarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:03 AM   #126
HyundaGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcarman
here in the Uk i cant get insured on a skyline or a supra at 18 as id be considered an un experienced driver and a hazard, and so insurance companies would put the phone down on me if i tried to insure one, as its silly really 18 years old with a nissan skyline.....im sure id end up driving it into a wall or something lol.

here in aus you can get insured on anything, if you really wanna do it cheaper then go through you folks as a second or third party driver to the car... and also.. my friend's older brother got a skyline when he was 16 as his first car, never drove it into a wall and never had any types of accidents.

it all depend's on the area you're in and it also depend's on the driver, if you can actually handle a decent motor vehicle then good luck to ya, go out and get a skyline, tune it to 1000bhp and do 140mph all day, every day.. if you can't handle something with serious power, then do as this ukcarman bloke said and get yourself a cheapy civic and play around with that, they can be tuned to serious power peaks, drop a K20A in it and watch it fly, lol.