Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > General Chat
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2003, 07:58 PM   #1
BavarianWheels
Supreme Demagogue

Our 740i took a dump...

Hey all CF'ers...just wanted to let you all know that my wife's 740 popped the radiator...ah forgot what it's called...the part the hose connects to on the top of the radiator...well BMW in their infinite knowledge makes this part in plastic! ::gasp::

It snapped and dumped the whole of the fluid and left me stranded for 20 mins as service came out at towed me into the dealer...handed me the keys to a 2003 530i and sent me on my merry way...of course those bozos put "BMW Loaner..." on the back window...grrr...

Thank God for extended warranties!!

Anyhow...just sharing my weekend experience.

btw...we still have the 2003....I'm hoping they take all week to fix ours. .

I was thinking of you, vwhobo, and chuckling while riding in the nice flat bed...

Bav's Favorite Track Vehicle
Posts Deleted for Use of Profanity = 2
BavarianWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:25 PM   #2
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Re: Our 740i took a dump...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianWheels
Hey all CF'ers...just wanted to let you all know that my wife's 740 popped the radiator...ah forgot what it's called...the part the hose connects to on the top of the radiator...well BMW in their infinite knowledge makes this part in plastic! ::gasp::

It snapped and dumped the whole of the fluid and left me stranded for 20 mins as service came out at towed me into the dealer...handed me the keys to a 2003 530i and sent me on my merry way...of course those bozos put "BMW Loaner..." on the back window...grrr...

Thank God for extended warranties!!

Anyhow...just sharing my weekend experience.

btw...we still have the 2003....I'm hoping they take all week to fix ours. .

I was thinking of you, vwhobo, and chuckling while riding in the nice flat bed...
I'm sure it made your day having a reason to think of me. 8) That won't be a cheap fix so it's a good thing you have the warranty.

By the way, MOST radiators nowadays have aluminum cores and plastic tanks. Cheaper, lighter, more efficient.

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote