Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2005, 04:34 AM   #1
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
Beginning to hate honda people

I don't know if its just me but honda owners are getting on my nerves lately.

1. I can't go 5min driving either of my cars w/o someone revving their engine. Just the other day i had the a/c on in my 7, stopped at a light, had to keep revs up to 800 so that the car won't die on me. Some middle-aged guy in a accord began revving his engine and looking over at me. Then there are the civics...

2. Everywhere i look there are hondas. Civics and integras are just about everywhere, thankfully i see only a handful of the 5th gen preludes, and no other Eucalyptus preludes in my area. Now i see accords everywhere, new or old, they are just everywhere.

3. I hate the fact that everyone and their mom wants to turbo their civic or accord. I hate even more that people want to swap in the h22 into their civics. For the love of god, they are econo cars! Drive them like they were supposed to be driven. If you are going to make drastic modifications to a car, atleast start with a good platform.

4. I hate how many people think honda technology is the best thing since sliced bread. Honda R&D is good but it ain't that good. VTEC is so hyped its gone well beyond overkill. There are plenty of good alternatives but none of those get this kind of press. I've seen enough dxx/b16/b18 swaps to last a lifetime...

5. I just can't bear to associate myself with these kinds of people.

Bah, the more i think about it the closer i get to insanity. Sometimes i get tempted to sell my prelude and go with something a lot less mainstream.

/rant
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 04:52 AM   #2
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 201
Ever thought of investing some money in a good ol 350 V8 chevy big block? join the dark side....MUAHAHAHAHAAA!
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 04:58 AM   #3
hondaman
I drive a Buick.
 
hondaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere in Alabama
Posts: 1,432
I sense this thread is going to be filled with many an ignorant post...

And I disagree with your platform argument. They are cheap, and so are parts. Maybe not the best racer for a real, well budgeted professional, but for someone who wants a cheap, tuneable ride, they do well. Keep in mind many other cars were intended to be economy cars, but yet people have modified them into something quite fast on the track.

It's the attitude that's the problem. Not the cars.
__________________
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:08 AM   #4
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
The following is an interesting article, presents some interesting arguments:

http://seductiveautosports.tripod.co...a%20haters.htm

I apologize if this is considered advertising.
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:11 AM   #5
importluva
Obsessed with imports
 
importluva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
Ever thought of investing some money in a good ol 350 V8 chevy big block? join the dark side....MUAHAHAHAHAAA!

I would do it in a heartbeat but current gas prices are killing that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman
And I disagree with your platform argument. They are cheap, and so are parts. Maybe not the best racer for a real, well budgeted professional, but for someone who wants a cheap, tuneable ride, they do well. Keep in mind many other cars were intended to be economy cars, but yet people have modified them into something quite fast on the track.

This has been argued before. Read the article i posted.


If you come across a similar piece on supras and skylines please post it here. Also note that the purpose of this thread is not to start a pissing match. I will cease arguing the instant senseless fingerpointing, unnecessary cursing, and 5 page essay-arguments are posted. Keep your responses concise and get to the point.
__________________
AJ
BB6
FC3S

Last edited by importluva : 08-23-2005 at 05:15 AM.
importluva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:19 AM   #6
hondaman
I drive a Buick.
 
hondaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Somewhere in Alabama
Posts: 1,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by importluva
This has been argued before. Read the article i posted.
I'm sorry...but most of that thread is completely biased bullshit. Please don't say that I'm only saying that because I like Hondas, because anyone who knows me knows that I do, but I also like all other cars. But that entire article, while it does point out a few valid points (such as the VTEC system not being unique to Honda) is completely biased and has still not disproven my comment.

The comment "There is no replacement for displacement" is complete bullshit...very ignorant and incorrect.
__________________
hondaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:21 AM   #7
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 201
Yeh my cars practically a tank....burns gas like one too. I put 20$ into my car with a quarter left before i put it in and it got me up to 3 quarters. Gas is not cheap these days. I hope it ends soon. Im not given up my 73 nova for anything. I think its gonna be like Mad Max soon.
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:41 AM   #8
mx3_monster
im completely sane
 
mx3_monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Racine,WI
Posts: 646
i dont mind done up hondas. Nut what i reall hate is the ones that pull up next to you with a primered bodykit and a fartcan and thats it
mx3_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:43 AM   #9
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 201
dont forget cheap wal-mart spinners.
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 05:57 AM   #10
Oomba
Banned
 
Oomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,137
You're my hero
Oomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 06:03 AM   #11
mx3_monster
im completely sane
 
mx3_monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Racine,WI
Posts: 646
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlercd_22
dont forget cheap wal-mart spinners.
rotflmfao i saw a cavvy about a 1995 with a huge wing on it NOS sticckers and spinners which looked like they were gonna fall off
mx3_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 06:05 AM   #12
Vlad
CF Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 278
I hate those spinners...

Importluva, I know what you're talking about. I notice all those kinds of things too. But still, hondas, especially preludes are good cars, and a lot of my friends drive civics/accords, its just certain people that are annoying. Like the ones that expect VTEC to be some kinda boost and slam you in your seat as hard as a turbo.

I drive a 5th gen lude too, and they are not THAT mainstream. I like it alot, and plan on keeping it for a while.

In fact I find the civic/accord/integra crowd have some respect for the lude. They pull up in a riced out civic and are like "whoah dude, you got the prelude. is it fast?"

If some noob in a riced out civic starts revving at you, just blow the doors off their car and teach em not to mess with the lude or the 7
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 07:43 AM   #13
sandlercd_22
CF Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 201
i think i have about 20 differnt cheap Wal-mart hub caps that i found on the road. Yes im a full fledged red-neck for stoping in the middle of tulsa traffic just to pick up a hub cap. Atleast its better than grab n dashin them off of poor defenceless cars . Oh and just to say a word to the wise....if you dont know of course, ANYTHING THAT WALMART SELLS THAT IS INTENDED TO MAKE YOUR CAR LOOK BETTER......SUCKS!
sandlercd_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:02 PM   #14
glagon1979
daddy x3
 
glagon1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: back in Williamson, NY
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oomba
You're my hero

and you are still a closed minded fag!!
glagon1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:06 PM   #15
fudge
let's fighting love
 
fudge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,003
Dude why let what others do to their own car get on your nerves?

Quote:
3. I hate the fact that everyone and their mom wants to turbo their civic or accord. I hate even more that people want to swap in the h22 into their civics. For the love of god, they are econo cars! Drive them like they were supposed to be driven. If you are going to make drastic modifications to a car, atleast start with a good platform.


Wow, another Oomba in the making. People swap engines or turbocharge them in their cars because they can. They do it for the fun of it and it's so sad that you can't accept this and that you end up bitching about it on a car forum.

And I love this quote from the website you give:
Quote:
The REAL Civic Type R was born a hatchback and sold in Japan only.

So how come Honda dealers in england has it?
__________________
fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2002 - 2011 Car Forums. All rights reserved.