Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Asian Imports
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2005, 03:26 PM   #31
fudge
let's fighting love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
How many 40 year old Japanese cars you see around you?

I don't see many 40 year old cars at all.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:15 PM   #32
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge
I don't see many 40 year old cars at all.

I have one in my garage, and 2 more on their way over from Seattle. Plus, my folks have a few, and my last Falcon daily driver was 40 years old. Hell, look on Ebay, and you'll see LOTS of cheap domestics still going strong 40-50 years later (separate from teh musclecars). How many Japanese cars from the '60s, 70s, and early '80s do you see? Most of them have rusted into oblivion.

Unless you're in California or southern Oregon, where the climate keeps many of them around...

The point is, again, it's how you care for the car that matters, not where it comes from.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 12:54 AM   #33
GonnaDie4TheGov
CF's Only Jersey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
I have one in my garage, and 2 more on their way over from Seattle. Plus, my folks have a few, and my last Falcon daily driver was 40 years old. Hell, look on Ebay, and you'll see LOTS of cheap domestics still going strong 40-50 years later (separate from teh musclecars). How many Japanese cars from the '60s, 70s, and early '80s do you see? Most of them have rusted into oblivion.

Unless you're in California or southern Oregon, where the climate keeps many of them around...

The point is, again, it's how you care for the car that matters, not where it comes from.

Older American cars are jsut history here. I bet if you go to Japan you will see quite a few older cars. Its all about the country. And that many years ago none of the companies were really popular here in the U.S. and had very few availible cars. So back in the day they weren't so appealing. But thats my

2001 Honda K-1 Accord Attack
GonnaDie4TheGov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:35 AM   #34
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

40 year old Japanese imports here? I don't think so, Honda only started selling cars in the US in 1970; the N200. Toyota started selling cars in the states in the late 50's, but they only had two models; the land cruiser and the Toyopet. The Land Cruiser is a great car, and you can still find them around, excluding the renewed land crusier line. Also, the amount of them sold in the states were in the low 3000's at that time. This is compared to upwards of 35,000 american cars sold per year in the states. And these are the two largest Japanese Automobile Manufacturers. So, there better be more 40 year old domestics around then japanese imports, if not; then its just plain sad.

Also, the Honda Automobile Department has just been established then, so you can't expect great cars right from the get go. Considering the age of most Japanese Manufacturers and Domestic Manufacturers, there is a big difference in development speed.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--

Last edited by aerith : 08-24-2005 at 05:52 AM.
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 04:46 PM   #35
VG30DE
CF Enthusiast

Nissan Altima/Maxima anyone?Infiniti G20 maybe? The years and mileage vary greatly but you can get pretty new G20's for cheap. I would also recomend the Mazda Protoge if you want a newer economy car but you don't want a Civic like everyone else.

In the 60's, Datsun 2000 Roadsters were hot and the little known Nissan Patrol is a cool alternative to the Toyota FJ Land Cruiser for an old school 4x4 as far back as the 50's.

Last edited by VG30DE : 08-24-2005 at 04:49 PM.
VG30DE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:28 PM   #36
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchango36
I would say go for a 2nd gen Integra GSR. These can be bought, fixed, and be made pretty fast for under 5k. (Not to mention the B18 is one mean Honda machine)

You heard him, do what the man says