Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Technical Discussions > Repairs & Maintenance
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2005, 08:23 PM   #1
vn082c
CF Newbie

'04 Camry vibrating brake peddle

Does anyone have a 04 Camry that has the same problem? When I hold down the brake at a stop light the peddle/engine seem to vibrate. I took it back to the dealer but they couldn't find the problem. (it doesn't always vibrate). I'm a little frustrated with it especially when it's a new car. Can anyone help?
vn082c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 03:16 AM   #2
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
now is it really while your at the stop light or is it as you speed toward the light and apply the brakes like a crazy banshee when the steering wheel starts to shake? if so then you probably have warped rotors and should explain your problems in exact detail when you bring it to a garage
Old 09-19-2005, 08:05 PM   #3
vn082c
CF Newbie

Good Question

Come to think of it it does seem to happen more often when I hit the brakes hard. I'll have to try that out and make sure. Would it continue to shake the brake peddle even when you have completely stopped?

If it is the rotors would that be a defect in the part or just from excessive hard braking?

The steering wheel has never shake when I hit the breaks.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:25 AM   #4
BanffAutoSpa_ap
Pants The Ripper

Location: Southern Alberta Likes:Long walks on the beach.....after anal
well a good test would be doing 40 km's or so let your hands loose on the wheel and give it a good hard stop, if the pedal pulses and the wheel shimmys a fair bit then it's probably fronts, if you mainly feel it in the seat of your pants then it's usually the rears, and back in the day of drums you could pull the park brake while cruisin an see if the car pulses(with no foot braking) then the drums are warped, nowadays they may have the drum in hat rear rotors and pulling the park brake does nothing for you, if it is the rotors then no the pedal shouldn't be pulsing when your stopped completely
Old 09-21-2005, 09:49 PM   #5
vn082c
CF Newbie

any other ideas?

Well I'll try it but based on your last sentance I don't think it's the rotors because I feel the pulsing or vibrating the most at a stop light. The weird part is the problem is not consistant. Sometimes I don't feel anything other times it vibrates all the time.