Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Vehicle Specific > Classic Cars
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2005, 12:15 AM   #1
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Wondering about a 1970 Duster

My friend says a guy has a 1970- Duster with a straight 6, engine runs good but it is not currently road worthy, definitely a project car. The guy only wants around 80 dollars for it, would it be worth it to buy it then stick it on ebay? Could I possibly pocket some cash from this? Just wondering because otherwise it's going in a Junk Yard.

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:21 AM   #2
chris_knows
๑۩۞

The car is beautiful, and $80 is not who knows how much...just that you should restore it...you'll definitely get higher profits like that, but if I was faced with the choice, I wouldn't sell it at all
Old 10-25-2005, 01:43 AM   #3
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pythias
My friend says a guy has a 1970- Duster with a straight 6, engine runs good but it is not currently road worthy, definitely a project car. The guy only wants around 80 dollars for it, would it be worth it to buy it then stick it on ebay? Could I possibly pocket some cash from this? Just wondering because otherwise it's going in a Junk Yard.
Do you really even have to ask?!?! Go out there and buy it before someone else does. You could definately make a profit off that, even if you made a typo and its $800 its still worth it. Its too bad it wasnt around me, i'd love one of those and i'd keep it.

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:44 AM   #4
99integra
CF's Florida boy

You must be the dumbest **** if you don't go out and buy it
Old 10-25-2005, 02:19 AM   #5
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Do you really even have to ask?!?! Go out there and buy it before someone else does. You could definately make a profit off that, even if you made a typo and its $800 its still worth it. Its too bad it wasnt around me, i'd love one of those and i'd keep it.

lol Just making sure, I'll talk to my friend tomorrow. I'm 90 percent sure he can ship it over to me. I would consider having it restored and maybe leanring some off of it myself but lately I have had no spare-time and although we have a two car garage we currently have 3 cars, and I will be eventually getting a car as well along with winter approaching....

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 10-25-2005, 02:28 AM   #6
dodger65
I know more than Wally...

Quote:
lol Just making sure, I'll talk to my friend tomorrow. I'm 90 percent sure he can ship it over to me. I would consider having it restored and maybe leanring some off of it myself but lately I have had no spare-time and although we have a two car garage we currently have 3 cars, and I will be eventually getting a car as well along with winter approaching....

see about getting some pics to post... you probably don't want it, and you should send it to my house...

dodger65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:34 AM   #7
suckaformuscle
CF Newbie

You would be foolish not to take it. A car like that restored, gorgeous.
suckaformuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 04:05 AM   #8
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger65
see about getting some pics to post... you probably don't want it, and you should send it to my house...

What you offerin

Old 10-25-2005, 04:07 AM   #9
chris_knows
๑۩۞

Quote:
What you offerin

$500

But I need pictures first...
Old 10-25-2005, 04:55 AM   #10
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_knows
$500

But I need pictures first...

I'll talk to my friend tomorrow see if I can't get the guys' number.

Old 10-25-2005, 11:42 PM   #11
car_crazy89
Part Time CFer

Where is it located? If it wasnt too far or atleast costly to get to where I am then i could possibly try and make an offer. Gotta remember exchange rate for Canada also, pics would be sweet though

"Noone dies a virgin, life screws us all"
car_crazy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 12:06 AM   #12
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy89
Where is it located? If it wasnt too far or atleast costly to get to where I am then i could possibly try and make an offer. Gotta remember exchange rate for Canada also, pics would be sweet though

Around La Plata Maryland, my friend was absent today so hopefully he will be here tomorrow.

Old 10-26-2005, 01:48 AM   #13
PontiacFan27
CF Extraordinaire

You could catch a great mint for this car off Ebay or at an auto auction. Muscle Car Trader would be your best bet though. Non running rusted out Mopars go for upwards of $5k these days
Old 10-26-2005, 03:01 AM   #14
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacFan27
You could catch a great mint for this car off Ebay or at an auto auction. Muscle Car Trader would be your best bet though. Non running rusted out Mopars go for upwards of $5k these days

k thanks for the advice

Old 10-26-2005, 08:21 PM   #15
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

*Update* talked to my friend today, he's going to try to talk to the guy today if he sees him, get the guys' number and all. If I did decide to buy it for 100 I would just drive it home, which isn';t to bad I think it's a straight 6 and gas prices around here are down to 2.39.