Go Back   Car Forums > General Discussions > Off Topic
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2005, 03:46 AM   #121
99integra
CF's Florida boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
because it's truth?
Dude truth doesn't HAVE to be presented so harshly, its not like you are trying to smack it into her
Old 10-29-2005, 03:48 AM   #122
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra
Dude truth doesn't HAVE to be presented so harshly, its not like you are trying to smack it into her

Lol.... smack it into her... thats funny..

"It is not the strong who will win, but the winner who is strong." -ROTK7
"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Pythias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 04:21 AM   #123
dodgerforlife
Resident CF Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99integra

I've never been known for candycoating the truth. Ask any supervisor I've worked for.
dodgerforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 04:36 AM   #124
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerforlife
I've never been known for candycoating the truth.

Exactly.

"You wrote "The World Doesn't Need A Savior" but everyday I hear people crying for one."
Old 10-29-2005, 08:47 PM   #125
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

Now that you saw his video. Is he still a bad driver?

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
SyntheticTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:59 PM   #126
vwhobo
CF's Anal Orifice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyntheticTrust
Affirmative!

"Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence."
Frank Vincent Zappa, 1940-1993

vwhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 02:51 AM   #127
aerith
@#$%ing bored out of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwhobo
Affirmative!

I agree, look at where his hand is on the steering wheel. Oh a deer comes out of the woods and onto the side of the road, and then he swerves out of the way with his.....wrist? And of course, the lack of seatbelt that we were talking about. The head rest is not adjusted properly, if something does happen; the whiplash will break his neck, since his head will be hitting nothing, his neck takes all the G-forces. But wait, he doesn't need to adjust the head rest, he isnt wearing a seatbelt, his head will never even touch the headrest, it would be on the windshield, on the steering wheel, or on the cement through the windshield.

--2004 Acura TL Dynamic--
aerith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 04:44 AM   #128
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerith
I agree, look at where his hand is on the steering wheel. Oh a deer comes out of the woods and onto the side of the road, and then he swerves out of the way with his.....wrist? And of course, the lack of seatbelt that we were talking about. The head rest is not adjusted properly, if something does happen; the whiplash will break his neck, since his head will be hitting nothing, his neck takes all the G-forces. But wait, he doesn't need to adjust the head rest, he isnt wearing a seatbelt, his head will never even touch the headrest, it would be on the windshield, on the steering wheel, or on the cement through the windshield.

1. Exactly, chances are he doesn't have the reaction time of a Nascar driver so he isn't going to pull his hand back quick enough to grab ahold on the steering wheel.

2. Seatbelt, or there lack of... and I would be willing to bet his head would be splattered across those places you mentioned above.

Old 10-30-2005, 01:32 PM   #129
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerith
Oh gosh that's horrible.

Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness obviously doesn't know where to buy a HORSE.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:22 PM   #130
fudge
let's fighting love

The way he drives is like every boy racer in England with the arm over the wheel. That doesn't bother me but going over 100mph without seatbelts does. 2 people died in a car crash near my village this summer because they didn't wear seatbelts and lost control and hit a tree. The other 2 passengers who wore seatbelts survived and has fully recovered.

The only racing driver which steers with 1 hand I know is Juichi Wakasaka.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:29 PM   #131
SyntheticTrust
Female of the *****

That's so sad

Old 10-30-2005, 05:23 PM   #132
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanffAutoSpa_ap
laying blame eh? really chris i know your a very intelligent guy, and i wasnt just throwing numbers down those are your own countries facts, if you truly believe that bush is a great leader so be it..... i am 100% finished with the topic have a great day

YOu were throwing nunbers aro0und to "supprt" your making retarded statments about Bush being at fault fo those numb ers, You don't even know what those numbers mean. or how they got there. You just make assumptions.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 05:24 PM   #133
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:

Definitely.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 07:59 PM   #134
Pythias
CF Extraordinaire

Quote:
That's so sad

Yes it is, which is exactly why you should have a seatbelt on everytime your in the car, and not let him drive like a retard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV
YOu were throwing nunbers aro0und to "supprt" your making retarded statments about Bush being at fault fo those numb ers, You don't even know what those numbers mean. or how they got there. You just make assumptions.

Exactly.

Old 10-30-2005, 09:46 PM   #135
JaneiR36
CF Freak

All these are very elaborate scenarios. Even at 30, 40 mph, all it takes is your head hitting the steering wheel after your head gets jerked forward at a bad stop. Your skull could be cracked instantly.

This came up when a buddy of mine was asking a former cop what he thought about compulsory seat belts being the law. The cop said he'd seen so many senseless deaths as a result of not wearing seat belts (or hemlets, for bike riders) and in many situations the person was not even speeding. At lower speeds in a vehicle, the impact may not be high enough to cause the airbag to deploy, and at much higher speeds if the whole car gets crushed in a collision the airbags won't matter, anyway.

It's one thing to get run into by a drunk driver, but don't gamble your life away because you chose to get into the car with some idiot.
JaneiR36 is offline   Reply With Quote