Car Forums  

Go Back   Car Forums > Community Central > Feedback & Suggestions
FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2005, 10:45 PM   #16
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
still an idea though..... much faster on threads with multiple pages too btw.

Not necessarily, as you, the person responding, still has to take the effort to mark each post you want to reply to.

Again, from a programming perspective, you would have to cache the choices somewhere between pages, parse each post the user wanted to respond to into one quote, find a way of remembering each and every quoted post in the right order as the user goes back and forth between pages. And for what? How often do you really want to quote multiple entire posts? And if you want to respond to the individual posts inbetween each quote, you as the user would stil have to scroll inbetween them to make your individual responses and edit out the nonessential bits of any longer post that you're only responding to part of. You're certainly not saving ANY time or effort.

There's a bunch of reasons no forum does that.

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:17 AM   #17
hondaman
I drive a Buick.

I have seen a forum that does mutliple post quoting. It can't remember any order, it just puts them in the order they appear on the thread. Under each post is a box labeled "Quote" and a checkbox next to it. Check the posts you want to quote, hit reply, and you're ready to go.

Completely different forum software than this site, however. That one is Invision Power Board rather than VBulletin. Aside from that minor feature, I do much prefer VBulletin though.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:58 PM   #18
ChrisV
The Big Meaney

Hmm. Interesting. They are the only ones. I'm not sure what they mean by having multi-moderation and inline moderation, however....

Thanks for the info! Too bad we can't demo it right now...

www.midatlantic7s.com
ChrisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 03:51 PM   #19
Inygknok
El del Supra

well, do we have the "post quick reply" option at least? sometimes i really dont use the advanced feature (i rarely do actually) and i instead use the post quick reply.

Supra: To surpass or go beyond.
Inygknok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 06:45 AM   #20
Cliffy
CF Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inygknok
well, do we have the "post quick reply" option at least? sometimes i really dont use the advanced feature (i rarely do actually) and i instead use the post quick reply.
Doesn't look like we have that here, either....I've never really seen the point in that myself....the good old fasion way aint too bad really lol

Please click here for the rules prior to posting, and here to introduce yourself!

Artwork courtesy of Gregg, aka Voda48
Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote